I am pretty sure what you have just said represents a fundamental misunderstanding about how trick attack works. Trick attack + WS gives the hate generated by the weaponskill an resulting skillchain to whoever is in front of the thief post-60. It does nothing for the other hate the thief has generated. The thief keeps that hate. Realistically, Drg may end up being a better THF DD sub because of acc bonus and high jump, along with 5% haste of course.
Saw it coming.
Everyone would be bitching if it was 80-90 in one update too, so...
with current gear available (with bullwhip belt and Tiercel necklace) thf and dnc can hit the 25% haste cap on gear. DNC tough has 2 traits of accuracy bonus I believe, however thf has an A- skill on daggers. so I really think /WAR is by far the better option (if you can cap accuracy).
Now there is hopeing SE adjusts Hide recast timer and makes available also for mobs that aggro to sound, that would solve alot of the problems you are seeing with hate on THF/WAR.
Why? Why would you still have 12? Instead of 6 you truly enjoy? I wasn't aware Maat Cap Ver. 2 was coming out. I had 6 jobs I really liked; and now 3 because now I don't find 3 of those others jobs fun anymore.
Even if you need all 12; save your abyssea stones and spend TWO WEEKS getting them all. Jeez, because of the new expansion; leveling jobs have been reduced to a fraction of the time.
What does it matter now tho? End of the line; cap is 85. I'll finish that in a week with the 3 jobs I want and just jerk off in the new zones.
Does hide function like super jump and actually remove all enmity, or does it just take you off the hate list until your next action? My impression was the latter, but my thief stopped at 37.
I enjoy the WotG plot and have a few friends that still play, otherwise I'm done with XI. And DRK has B+ elemental and OO, so depending on the TP return of a Tier 3 nuke, lord knows it might actually be worth it to burst something at the end of a chain (I"m not trying to promote regular nuking on DRK just MBs as anything else is a complete waste of MP)
I mean it'd be nice wouldn't it? Do a skillchain, burst for some extra damage and maybe get back a decent chunk of TP for doing so. At the the very least it would add a new dimension of playstyle to DRK over simply just TP spam.
And as for RDM being 2nd rate healer/nuker, they're really 3rd rate now given how much stronger SCH/RDM is now. Refresh II will have to be pretty damned potent because SCH will eventually get haste from /RDM, and it has Tier V nukes as well (and higher skill to boot).
I'm also rather annoyed at various aspects of XIV but I'm trying to stay positive on that front because if SE fucks up both games (and that's a lofty feat) I think I'll just quit MMO's entirely, but I really want to hold out for some good old RPG story & fun :3
RDM/SCH has worse spell selection, but the same or more skill thanks to AF. RDM and SCH will both be using refresh this update, eh? And RDM can composure. RDM still has Haste over SCH/RDM, and it looks like it will stay that way until summer of next year if they keep doing 5 levels per update on a 3 month cycle.
They're doing it this way it seems.These new abilities will be covered in further detail in future articles, so keep watching this space!
If it means more update notes than previously, fuck yes.
If it means they haven't got as much new things to show us as previously, olawd.
They do somethings right (give THF native Dual Wield), and somethings wrong (give WHM shield def boost). They still have a perception of a game that is very "solo/JP" even though they have learned a lot.
At this point, it is nothing to get upset about. It's better to look at these artifacts and laugh rather then spend energy worrying about them.
Most of your rants lately have been way over the top, so it is nice to see that you still do have some perspective.
My speculation is that the AF3 will operate more like magian weapon upgrades than evolith. This would give a nice level of expandability to the AF3 set.
It does sound nice on paper, but DRK would need Magic Attk III~IV and Magic Burst Bonus, and that just doesn't seem so likely coming from SE. Also the fact that no one likes setting up for a SC anymore to make that possible.
Refresh II will be 5~8 tick easy. I also have a feeling RDM will get it at lvl 82~85. If SE wants to preserve balance this is the update RDM will get it, so players won't lose that stigma about the job.