Did anyone ever find out the actual details on Garland Goggles, like if they just have a set amount of charges?
How? No one got to play with any bonus items other than Asuran Armguards and the Onion Helm.
Spoiler: show
All I know is there better be a levequest called There's a Sea Wolf in the Closet on release.
Also, I know it's over but were zonelines to Dravania, Xelphatol, Paglth'an, or O'Ghomoro ever found? If so, where? (as in coordinates)
Just look for the skinny paths pointing into the void. Black Shround has one in the far north and the east, Coerthas has one in the northeast and northwest. Don't forget some will be the other side of Ishgard too. They won't all be zone connections but some probably will be. And I speculate Black Shroud connects to Paglth'an but it wasn't ready in the beta so they connected it to Thanalan. Because it just makes sense on the map.
Edit: Though Thanalan does have another skinny path pointing to nowhere in the southeast which could be Paglth'an.
Looks more like "Available for PS3".
The only unexplained zonelines I had found were...
Two different Antling-burrow caves in Thanalan (yay Antlion caves)
Some cave in "The Isles of Umbra" in La Noscea (not sure)
A cave far northwest in La Noscea (Kobold stronghold?)
"Lily Hills" in Gridania (mog house?)
"Black Boar Gate" in Gridania (probably a zone north towards Ala Mhiga)
"Northern Islands" in Limsa Lominsa (mog house?)
"The Fronds" in Ul'dah. (mog house?)
I think I found a cave or two elsewhere with an NPC saying "GTFO adventurer" and then hitting the invisible wall with the "You cannot proceed any further" dialog.
There were no major zone-lines in any of the areas as far as I know. They probably blocked them off with rocks and whatnot (like they do before adding future zones in XI like Attohwa). The only super obvious one is "Black Boar Gate" in Gridania being closed since there is a major area north of Gridania while La Noscea and Thanalan are kinda' cornered on their land masses.
I feel like, in honor of the impending release of FFXIV, we should have some sort of 'look back' on all the dumb-ass random drama that happened in 2004-2007. There is a drama thread....thread already, but anyone got some youtube or other screenshots they wanna throw up? We have 4 days to kill people! DON'T HOLD BACK!
I have a question about the SE accounts, in-game items and retrieving them.
Both my wife and I's accounts are linked to the same security token/SE account for FFXI.
Will this prevent either of us from playing together at the same time for 14?
Can both of us get the Hermes' Shoes item since it's the same SE Account?
I'm not sure what to do, but movement speed is something worth asking a question for to me.
I'm more interested whether the store I ordered from sends my copy on time or if i have to get it somewhere else to play on wednesday.......... >_>
You all should pull yourself together and do things you'd have to do after release otherwise - like me cleaning the room at 4am in the morning....lulz
I'm still preparing my release strategy. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works in practise.