While we're at it, there shouldn't even be shootouts, and wtf is with getting a point for an overtime loss. Lame rules are lame.
While we're at it, there shouldn't even be shootouts, and wtf is with getting a point for an overtime loss. Lame rules are lame.
Whoa we scored first, this is new territory this season. Sharpshooter Bloody-eye Hendricks with the early twisted wrister.
Welp, there goes that.
Jimmy Howard pulled after taking a puck off the knee or something inside the pad. God I hope it's not anything bad, with Osgood out, Jimmy being out as well could make this a very rough stretch.
I watched Patrick Kane do two of them during the game w/ the Avs; failed both times, but still happened during play. I have no problem with them; if goalies don't like them they should stop them. The only argument I think is decent against them is the whole "puck has to be moving forward" during a shootout
On a breakaway though? A spinorama to deke a defender is something completely different than what is done in shootouts. Also the only shootout spinorama I didn't think was lame was Grabovski's, because he used a backhand-forehand deke AFTER the spin and then put it over the goalie.
I see what you mean, I guess it's just entertaining, if you have to sit through a skills competition why not put on a show? They should just do playoff-style overtime, but you know that won't happen.
I like the idea of shootouts, they are fun to watch (though nerve-wracking when your team is involved) but to me it just feels like a poor way to decide games.
Good game so far. Glad Washington is making this interesting. Probably be a much different game if Ovechkin was playing.
aaaaaand that's game. Good bounce back after losing 1-0 to the Rangers yesterday. Boudreau should go back to the old school Washington, they're a lot more entertaining winning or losing that way.
Vancouver put that to bed right there.
Not sure if its because teams are focusing more on Ovi, or if Backstrom just isn't helping Ovi. If i was a Cap's fan i'd be pissed. Lots of end to end action tonight. Radio was saying Caps are trying to learn the trap. If that was the case, i did not see it tonight. Lol.
Wings have lost 45 man games so far and Howard out for an unknown amount of time. Harsh and these guys are still winning >.< I have a strong feeling the travel for the wings will end up burning them come April.
Holmstrom out with broken hand, no word yet on Howard. X-rays negative, they said so far that it was a bruised knee.
AHL goaltender tandem incoming.
Break news, Detroit sings Manny Legace to a year one, 550k contract.
Was feeling pretty good about the win last night. Vancouver played better than I expected after how flat they looked in New York. Had a celebratory drinks and then realized I hadn't checked my fantasy stats for the night, wonder how my goalies did.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Picture1-1.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nas/Inglip.jpg
2 goals in 13 sec for Boston =/
In other news, Batmans early attempts at being a super hero were released today. Criminals were seen falling over each other laughing upon seeing the picture.
http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/201...eal_Canuck.jpg
Stats!
Leafs record with Lebda in the lineup: 5-12-3. Leafs record without shithead in the lineup: 13-8-1.
Now we return to your regularly scheduled Wings' injury-fueled slump.I remember when the Leafs first signed Lebda, and Red Wings fans talked about how bad he was. I thought it was all an exaggeration.
I now hope the Leafs can Larry Murphy him out of town.