FUCK YOU TURCO HASDLKFAJSDFKJ
FUCK YOU TURCO HASDLKFAJSDFKJ
Excuse the Chicago Crew while we go drink this loss away. We'll be back next collapse, tomorrow.
Holy shit what a night of hockey I missed. Detroit owns a team, the Islanders own a team while removing most of the people participating in said game from the game, and some other stuff happened.
Here you go Ishido, pretty much the jist of that game
Also, a big
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3162/...9aa0c3b717.jpg
@ Steiggy, this guy needs to lose his job
Wow what a gong show. Hope Pens didn't lose anyone else. Gotta wonder what's the league gonna do to the Islanders. Konopka basically said after the game they were out for vigilante justice.
Well, Godard is suspended for sure since he came off the bench. Letang might be out for a few days (totally just guessing here), he got hurt after Tavaras slashed his foot. Tangradi looks like he's no worse for wear, just looked like he was dazed by the hit.
So does this mean Pens/Isles games are going to be interesting from now on? Even with all the suspensions that's gonna come down you gotta figure this should make future games interesting.
Late to the party but HOLY SHIT FUCK YA STARS.
The minute we went to the shootout I knew we'd win. I was thinking.. "after 7 years playing with Turco, these guys know the book on him right?" First shot Brenden Morrow (who's absolutely horrible at shootouts) beats him five-hole and I knew we had it in the bag. Turco's five-hole is bigger than Crawford's hair spikes.
@The Isles-Pens shit, craziness. Major goonage there by the Isles.
From McKenzie:
Don't need to be a hockey insider to figure this one out...Godard, Martin, Gillies, Haley...see ya.
Godard jumping off the bench was my favorite part of the highlights. He'll probably get 2-4 games.
Automatic 10
While I understand the rule of "you cant come off the bench to brawl"...as much as I dislike the pens, the fact a callup enforcer was coming after their goaltender should exempt Godard from any suspension.
Yea pretty shitty to lose 10 games just to stick up for your teamate while the refs let a goon run around the ice trying to injure anyone he can.
Wow automatic 10? Too bad he forfeits salary for being suspended, otherwise he'd be getting paid.
Of course I agree, but as a Pens fan to begin with, the last thing I want is the NHL to make that kind of exception for a Pens player. Would never hear the end of it.
What pisses me off is now the league knows what to expect when boston comes to montreal march 4 (or 9? I forget)
That's the other thing, the refs were very clearly in over their heads. Dan O'Hallaran was one of the NHL refs who was chosen to ref the Olympics. Kinda surprised he didn't do a better job trying to shut this down.
well clearly reffing the olympics is based on the ability to make good calls because theres really no thuggery at the olympics.
Yeah, these aren't exactly kids they're breaking up either. Trying to crack down on things as a ref is all well and good, but if a bunch of 6'2" 220lb guys really want to fight, a whistle isn't going to stop them.
346 penalty minutes.
1 more Pens/Isles game this year, April 8th. 2nd to last game of the season. Should be interesting and i expect Engelland is gonna have a field day.