Page 521 of 619 FirstFirst ... 471 511 519 520 521 522 523 531 571 ... LastLast
Results 10401 to 10420 of 12373
  1. #10401
    DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,606
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    4

    face. palm.

  2. #10402
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

    The Immortal Bill Duke

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,697
    BG Level
    9

    i don't watch hackey often, nor do i pretend to; i honestly just wanted to stop in and say hi to isladar, my true love :D

  3. #10403
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Palin View Post
    You're an idiot.
    You dont like me, I get that. Doesnt disprove anything that if the Kings faced the Coyotes in the playoffs, their building would be overran by Kings fans.

  4. #10404
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    face. palm.
    Directed at me? Or...?

    If so, why? I don't mean to derail the hacky thread, but I'm seriously intrigued by this notion of "racism" through imitation.

  5. #10405
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

    The Immortal Bill Duke

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,697
    BG Level
    9

    racism in hackey? do discuss.

  6. #10406
    There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,058
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

    Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    You dont like me, I get that. Doesnt disprove anything that if the Kings faced the Coyotes in the playoffs, their building would be overran by Kings fans.
    No, you're an idiot because you brought me being a Dallas fan into a conversation that had nothing to do with it, and you are unable to look past your homer glasses to say anything positive about any other team in the Pacific.

    I made a comment about the West being tight and the standings changing 10 games down the line, and you immediately thought I was arguing that Dallas would win the division. Truly I was arguing that its more likely the Yotes or Kings can push to the Pacific if anyone, or that if anything the standings would change with the Hawks or Stars pushing up to the 4-5 seed. You're incredibly dense if you think that no team is going to go on a hot/cold streak over the next 10 games.

    I don't like you because you're a stereotypical bandwagon Kings fan who forgets that your team has been the laughing stock of the league for close to a decade, and now that you have a modicum of success you somehow feel entitled and empowered as one of the greatest teams in the league, to the point where you put down and are unable to give any other team but your own credit or praise.

  7. #10407
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Palin View Post
    I don't like you because you're a stereotypical bandwagon Kings fan who forgets that your team has been the laughing stock of the league for close to a decade, and now that you have a modicum of success you somehow feel entitled and empowered as one of the greatest teams in the league, to the point where you put down and are unable to give any other team but your own credit or praise.
    I suppose to an extant I am also a King's bandwagonner, they're my 2nd favorite team outside of the Leafs. I wasn't really a fan until they got Doughty. Don't hate me bro!

    Edit: Though I do really like Kopitar's play, Brown as player, futurestarSchenn (should be a Leafs ) and Dominant Doughty.

  8. #10408
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    Thats funny and cute considering I was on their ass when they went 2-6 on their eight game home stand. I am in no way a homer, or feel the Kings are entitled to anything. If you remember when the season started, I didnt even rank the Kings in the top 3-4 in the west. I had them sitting in 5th, and said they arent at the level of SJ, DET, VAN, or CHI.

    I'm well aware the Kings have sucked for along time.

    Honestly, the main reason I believe the standings will stay around the same is because 1) The last 10-12 games of the season are mostly within their own division and with as hard and as well as the pacific is playing, I expect everyone to be about even meaning most will play around .500 the rest of the way. If that happens guess what? Teams will stay where they are. Its not like the Kings need to go 7-3 or something to stay 4/5 in the west.

    Lets see, for the rest of the way.

    Kings have :
    2 vs San Jose
    3 vs Anahiem
    1 vs Dallas
    1 vs Phoenix

    Dallas has:
    1 Los Angeles
    2 Anahiem
    1 San Jose
    1 Phoenix

    San Jose has:
    2 Los Angeles
    1 Dallas
    3 Phoenix
    2 Anaheim

    Anaheim has:
    2 San Jose
    2 Dallas
    3 Los Angeles

    Phoenix has:
    3 San Jose
    1 Dallas
    1 Los Angeles.

    So tell me, am I really being THAT big of a homer thinking the Kings will go at least 4-3 vs the division and stay 4-5 in the west?

  9. #10409
    Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,009
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    So tell me, am I really being THAT big of a homer thinking the Kings will go at least 4-3 vs the division and stay 4-5 in the west?
    Yes you are, because you just typed up a 15+ minute response with information you had to stop and look up, all in an effort to convince people who don't give a shit about Pacific Division teams that never win anything that the Kings will indeed actually win something of alleged value that does not actually hold value.

  10. #10410
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    502
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    Banners a banner.

    As for my canucklehead status sure I want to cheer for my goalie every year since the bertuzzi trade I was optimistic about a goalie who was peppered night in and night out surely young Roberto would flourish at the opportunity to play for all the marbles. But every playoff run I get more and more jaded. I realize his numbers are good for office pools and that sort of deal but I know that they are just smoke and mirrors. Luongo has had the benefit sitting on leads, the benefit of a more cautious team committed to back checking because of a myriad of d men going down (not to mention the solid rookie contribution).

    I will give him credit on the penalty kill (excluding last night) because it is a 5 player effort. That being said I cannot force myself to suffer amnesia from playoffs past.

  11. #10411
    There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,058
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

    Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    Thats funny and cute considering I was on their ass when they went 2-6 on their eight game home stand. I am in no way a homer, or feel the Kings are entitled to anything. If you remember when the season started, I didnt even rank the Kings in the top 3-4 in the west. I had them sitting in 5th, and said they arent at the level of SJ, DET, VAN, or CHI.

    I'm well aware the Kings have sucked for along time.

    Honestly, the main reason I believe the standings will stay around the same is because 1) The last 10-12 games of the season are mostly within their own division and with as hard and as well as the pacific is playing, I expect everyone to be about even meaning most will play around .500 the rest of the way. If that happens guess what? Teams will stay where they are. Its not like the Kings need to go 7-3 or something to stay 4/5 in the west.

    So tell me, am I really being THAT big of a homer thinking the Kings will go at least 4-3 vs the division and stay 4-5 in the west?
    I said you're a homer because of the way you come off, and how every post of yours for the past few months has involved down other Pacific teams in comparison to the Kings. I never said you were a homer for thinking the Kings would stay where they are. I said you were presumptuous for predicting a PHX-LAK 4/5 seed. There's a difference.

    The reason I say that is because with the way PHX is playing and with the number of inter-divisional games in the last 10, there's a very good shot that PHX or LAK could win the division. There's also a good shot the Hawks or Stars or even Preds could shoot up to #5. All I was saying is that a lot can still happen in 10 games, when only 3 points separate 5th from 9th place. Thus why I felt your saying in a concrete fashion that PHX will meet LAK in the first round is presumptuous.

  12. #10412
    Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,565
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku View Post
    Directed at me? Or...?

    If so, why? I don't mean to derail the hacky thread, but I'm seriously intrigued by this notion of "racism" through imitation.
    Not sure if serious but I'll bite anyway...

    In the early days in America, since black people were slaves at the time and viewed as second rate citizens, they had basically no civil liberties/rights and as such, white people in plays and movies would put makeup on to make themselves look black and typically play parts that were demeaning or degrading. Basically companies would rather use a person in makeup over hiring a black person themselves, and once we started to become more civilized that shit just wasn't cool anymore and got phased out.

    tl;dr It's just insulting in modern times because of what it meant in the past.

  13. #10413
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Selamis View Post
    Not sure if serious but I'll bite anyway...

    In the early days in America, since black people were slaves at the time and viewed as second rate citizens, they had basically no civil liberties/rights and as such, white people in plays and movies would put makeup on to make themselves look black and typically play parts that were demeaning or degrading. Basically companies would rather use a person in makeup over hiring a black person themselves, and once we started to become more civilized that shit just wasn't cool anymore and got phased out.

    tl;dr It's just insulting in modern times because of what it meant in the past.
    I wasn't trolling, was a legitimate question. I suppose I've never connected those dots before. I can understand how historical implications would translate over into intolerance, but I'm sure that those two guys that painted their faces black weren't intending that form of implied racism.

  14. #10414
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,680
    BG Level
    9

    Go Reimer Go!

  15. #10415
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
    Go Reimer Go!
    Do you only cheer for Reimer and not the Leafs? lol

  16. #10416
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku View Post
    Do you only cheer for Reimer and not the Leafs? lol
    James Reimer #34 - G
    Toronto

    * Age: 23
    * DOB: 1988/03/15
    * POB: Winnipeg, Man., Canada
    * Height: 6-2 Weight: 208lbs
    * Shoots: L

    Im gunna go with yes

  17. #10417
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,680
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku View Post
    Do you only cheer for Reimer and not the Leafs? lol
    Well, I am a Habs fan

  18. #10418
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Oh forgot to mention yesterday.

    The Kings' W yesterday made him the first goalie in NHL history to start his career with six consecutive 30 win seasons. <3 you dude.

  19. #10419
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    BG Level
    7

    WHAT A GOAL by Schenn. Wow.

  20. #10420
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,680
    BG Level
    9

    And Phaneuff screws Reimers stats lol...

Page 521 of 619 FirstFirst ... 471 511 519 520 521 522 523 531 571 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11291
    Last Post: 2012-06-15, 09:02
  2. 2011-2012 NHL Season Thread: FUCK COREY PERRY
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 19036
    Last Post: 2012-04-10, 08:38
  3. Replies: 2529
    Last Post: 2011-10-05, 07:14
  4. 2010-2011 NBA Season Thread
    By Rhinox in forum Sports
    Replies: 7624
    Last Post: 2011-07-23, 22:08
  5. Replies: 8596
    Last Post: 2011-06-17, 07:09
  6. 2010 NHL Offseason Thread
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 2426
    Last Post: 2010-09-20, 23:52
  7. NHL Season 08-09
    By Thoronas in forum Sports
    Replies: 2444
    Last Post: 2009-07-17, 19:36
  8. The official '07 NHL Playoff Thread
    By Norelco in forum Sports
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 2007-05-05, 12:08