It's playoff sig time!
It's playoff sig time!
Center Ice for free for the rest of the season/until broadcasts become national only! Wooooo!
Wow, Rangers squeek in this season in their favor. West gonna be down to the last game for the Stars/Hawks.
Canucks are going to h ave an easy first round. Cant wait to be swept.
CBC Announcer Kevin Weekes just said "The canucks came out at the start of this period on fire literally"
. . .
The bottom 5 in the West is STILL a mindfuck. Looking like Anaheim and San Jose are going to win tonight, which will mean SJ in 2nd and Anaheim in 4th, but it will still be possible for Nashville, Phoenix, and Chicago to all have 99 pts and 38 ROW. Phoenix is tied in H2H with both, Chicago has the edge against Nashville. However I think the extra 2 divisional games are thrown out, so if the first 2 are thrown out the Hawks get the advantage, if the last 2 are thrown out Nashville has the advantage. So it could be either of Chicago or Nashville in 5th with Phoenix in 6th and the other Central team in 7th. Kings in 8th.
This all hinges on Chicago winning in a shootout to end with 38 ROW though. Though if they win in regulation they will be 5th too. 1 pt puts then in 7th and 0 in 8th or 9th.
I probably did something wrong in figuring all of that out and none of it will likely happen but it is funny how much variation there can still be.
e: Meaning we could have an Anaheim/Chicago series, with them ending 4/5 after being 7/8 tonight... jesus.
LOL Flames are making this game awesome. I would be scared shitless if I was a Vancouver fan with all of their glass defensemen.
edit: Jesus passing play Daniel - Henrik - Kesler
LOL 3 blasts in a row, 3rd one makes it in and Karlsson explodes, then a fish comes onto the ice.
Raymond got pushed into him a little bit and Raymond made a small move to push his pads a bit, I see why Karlsson was pissed but I see why it wasn't called.
Yeah I forget what the exact tiebreaker was that it came down to but basically if Hawks win in regulation/OT, they're 5th. If they get to overtime and lose, they're 6th(which means a potential 9 straight Hawks/Wings games). If they win in a shootout, who the fuck knows. If they lose and Dallas loses, they're 8th. If they lose and Dallas wins, they're out. What the fuck, lol...
Hey guys, I'm here to care about hockey now that it's the playoffs.
Does anyone know if the canucks are still in the running to get that record by being first place in GF, GA, PP, and PK? I can't find the PP and PK stats to know how they are doing there.
.....wtf
ITS PLAYOFF SIG TIME
If Detroit scores 6 tomorrow they take first in GF!
Why is it playoff hockey and Canadian university exams go hand in hand? You'd think our universities would have been smart enough to fix their schedules around the playoffs, like fuck.
HOLY SHIT LOL
Bryzgalov makes a crazy great save.
About a minute late in the PP Sharks score, then CHUCKS his stick.
So fucking proud of my team! Great game at MSG today. After that shitshow on Thursday, they showed up for the game they NEEDED
And giant love to TB!
HOKAY time to break this shit down (except for the Chicago SO win potential, fuck that situation)
Chicago wins:
4. Anaheim
5. Chicago
6. Nashville
7. Phoenix
8. LA
Chicago loses in OT/SO:
4. Anaheim
5. Nashville
6. Phoenix
7. Chicago
8. LA
Chicago loses in regulation and Dallas does not win in reg/OT:
4. Anaheim
5. Nashville
6. Phoenix
7. LA
8. Chicago
Chicago loses and Dallas wins in reg/OT:
4. Anaheim
5. Nashville
6. Phoenix
7. LA
8. Dallas
I think. I believe the Phoenix/Nashville tiebreaker comes down to goal differential.
Playoffs mode: Engaged.
Lol I feel disgusted that we handed the ducks home ice when all we had to do was win one game to get it our selfs.
Not sure I ever want to watch the playoffs as im sure we are going to get swept in ugly fashion.
Wow I didn't realize LA losing today dropped them so far.