1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 4 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 5 hours, 27 minutes
Page 10 of 262 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 5229
  1. #181
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    289
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    So does this plan sound good for after maintenance?

    1) Rush out of Gridania, level up CNJ to 10.
    2) Go get rank 10 battle leves and do them on one star.
    3) Get rank 1 CRP leves and do them.
    4) Go to Ul'dah and get the rank 10 and 1 leves there.
    5) Do the same at Limsa Lominsa.
    6) EXP CNJ more.

    Or can anyone think of a more efficient way to begin?
    Yeah not a bad plan, though you can definitely do the rank10 leves with more than one star as a conjurer.

  2. #182
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    I thought maintenance was supposed to be ending now. I still can't get on. Lobby timeout.

    Quote Originally Posted by TStupified View Post
    Yeah not a bad plan, though you can definitely do the rank10 leves with more than one star as a conjurer.
    Yeah but at rank 10? I don't know. In beta I had problems at rank 12 with some leves when they'd spawn friends on the last mob. That was with four stars.

  3. #183
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    What is the limitation on Behests?
    Happens once every hour at each camp and last 30 minutes.

    Anyone of any rank/level can join with no apparent limit.

    Normal claiming mechanics apply, so you must party up with other participants to engage the same target/groups.

    You get skill/exp similar to doing a Battlecraft leve with no Guardian's Aspect.

    Rewards seem to only be mediocre amounts of gil (based on your performance?).


    I don't think anything else can really be said about it, other than it can potentially have incredibly overpowered targets (for now). Most notably, the Giant Slug of Emerald Moss and its constant 700~800 damage AoEs to people of all ranks/levels.

  4. #184
    There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,058
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I doubt they would take away skill ups from curing, that would be retarded and just discourage people actually doing things other than attacking mindlessly.

    edit: the exploit from specifically from guardian's favour, since you can bypass fatigue and I think the skill cap (500) as well, if you keep doing this you could potentially get thousands of skill points per mob in a relatively short time.

    Without favour, skill ups are less frequent and not as high, you also can't get more than a specific amount.
    Agreed, there's a clear difference between exploiting and what I posted before about using Sacrifice over Cure in group leve situations. All I posted was healing strategies in parties. If they try to ban people for spamming cure while parties do leves, then fuck this game. They better get it right and hit he people who were sitting there engaged to a mob and not attacking it, and exploiting the surplus system through Guardian's Favor.

  5. #185
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    The nice thing about me starting now is with the servers being down there will be lots of mobs running around and not many people online straight away.

  6. #186
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Anyone who used this seriously should be above level 20 with revelative few mobs engaged and a spike in ranks in a short about of time. I would think it would be easy to see, as when I used this "exploit" the most I got out of is was a single level over a few leves (as mobs died pretty quickly).

    I'm confident... or rather hopeful they'll hit the right people.

  7. #187
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    588
    BG Level
    5

    It's very nice how fast swiftly they are dealing with this, and also how they're offering players to report themselves to avoid suspension.

  8. #188
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    159
    BG Level
    3

    How is the Black Shroud in terms of navigation? I want to reroll and be near my crafting guilds but the map looks really meh. Not very open.

  9. #189
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    289
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Yeah but at rank 10? I don't know. In beta I had problems at rank 12 with some leves when they'd spawn friends on the last mob. That was with four stars.
    Well I've seen rank10 Conjurers solo Dodos that were red for me as rank11 or so.. and the levemobs are never, ever as hard as the mobs in the enviroment, of course the player could've had like punishing barbs from Thaumaturge, but they still were red, RED. And the players had no problem at all taking them down.

    So yeah I've gotten the image that CNJ is quite a good class in solo, I only leveled it to 8 to get shock spikes and it felt quite strong, even without a single point put in mage stats. Of course you can do one leve on one star to see how easy it is and then raise the difficulty level to your own preference.

    EDIT: Oh and didn't notice that last sentence where you mentioned trying them on four star. I've felt that there's a rather big gap between 3 and 4 stars so you might be just fine with 3 and get wasted on 4, I did lvl10 leves on 3 stars at lvl11-13 on my marauder which isn't the best soloer.

  10. #190
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    73
    BG Level
    2

    Square is banning people who abuse the exp gain exploit

    http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...5a020eed84861b

  11. #191
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    289
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroanagi View Post
    Square is banning people who abuse the exp gain exploit

    http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...5a020eed84861b
    Yeah it's mentioned in 3 threads already and someone even made a new thread about that, but yeah it's good news.

  12. #192
    Lyramion's better half
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    522
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by TStupified View Post
    Yeah it's mentioned in 3 threads already and someone even made a new thread about that, but yeah it's good news.
    This post exhibits a lot of self control, good job lol

  13. #193
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    289
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Anger management courses ftw.

  14. #194
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    If I unequip hermes shoes will the 15 minute timer still tick down?

  15. #195

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    509
    BG Level
    5

    Servers down? >.>

  16. #196
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    159
    BG Level
    3

    are servers up now? Still can't get in.

  17. #197
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    If I unequip hermes shoes will the 15 minute timer still tick down?
    Yeah, it will... and it looks like it's a random amount of time... 15~30min tops I believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanfon View Post
    How is the Black Shroud in terms of navigation? I want to reroll and be near my crafting guilds but the map looks really meh. Not very open.
    Eh, in terms of navigation, it's definitely not maze-like as the map suggests. You will quickly begin to recognize what are dead-ends, and what are tunnels after a short amount of time and it's not difficult to know where you're going by a quick glance of the map. The problem with the Black Shroud is with maneuvering around aggressive monsters as you either a) explore areas you shouldn't even be in yet... or b) head to your higher-ranking guildleve targets that involve either getting past things like wolves or trying to fish/log/mine with something aggressive wandering around very close by. There's something I prefer about it, but I'm not sure what it is. If you're going to be focusing on a gathering class, you might want to also research what cities provide what rank leves for the one you like.

  18. #198
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Yeah, it will... and it looks like it's a random amount of time... 15~30min tops I believe.
    I wish I didn't equip them as soon as I got on the game...

  19. #199
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    131
    BG Level
    3

    Probably a stupid question, but what time is maintenance supposed to end?

    Also, can anyone link me to a site where it lists when there is maint. and how long it should last?

  20. #200
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    127
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Uldum

    was meant to end 90mins ago I think?

Page 10 of 262 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3796
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 13:29
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49