1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 5 days, 10 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 23 hours, 35 minutes
Page 111 of 262 FirstFirst ... 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 ... LastLast
Results 2201 to 2220 of 5229
  1. #2201
    PUP Power!
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,040
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Are there any sites that have a list of exp camps? Looking for something around 25.

  2. #2202
    Pelvic Thruster
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    554
    BG Level
    5

    Spamming puks with skeletons thrown in at Nanawa with a 3-6 person group (between behests) is probably your best party option at 25. If you have fast fingers and can get into the Horizon behests doing that and then going afk for 45 minutes til the next one is a good bet. Solo grinding coblyns at Nanawa is always an option as well.

  3. #2203
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

    Puks and does south-west of Nine Ivies might work if you have 3-4 people.

  4. #2204
    Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,432
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Anyone have a link to the FFXIV windower?

  5. #2205
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    719
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    Anyone have a link to the FFXIV windower?
    many people say this but they dont seem to realize that there is no the. Which windower are you looking for? any particular author or version you prefer? Do you want the one that had a cease and desist from SE, the one that the windower team from ffxi released, ... ????

    There are at least 2 windowers that work popping up in a google search, and autohotkey/other programs are still working.

    ffevo works and is what I have been using on my wife's computer. I use autohotkey on mine.

  6. #2206
    Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,432
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    I was looking for the one that got cease a desist from SE. It used to be located at http://www.windowerxiv.com/. I didn't know about ffevo, I'll try that one out. Thanks!

  7. #2207
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    719
    BG Level
    5

    i am not going to check the accuracy or saftey of these downloads, but http://www.filestube.com/w/windowerxiv might be the app you wanted

  8. #2208
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,945
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Are there any sites that have a list of exp camps? Looking for something around 25.
    Puks/Coblyn in Nanawa. At 27 go to ants in basement of copperbell with 3-4 people. That'll take ya to 31-32, then do the doblyns on main floor til 36/37.

  9. #2209
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    What I did on archer in the past 3 days is... (this is all pretty much solo)
    Vit/tank geared archer using foresight, featherfoot, jarring strike, bloodbath, sacrifice II, mp drain, styngin spikes to tank/survive

    Lv 22-> 25/26 nanawa mines behest+cobylns/puks
    Lv 25/26 -> 30-32 copper bell miens dobyln+behest
    Lv 30-32 -> 33-34 tam tram puks (this is the slowest part)
    Lv 33-35 -> (from here on sort of a guess) 38-41 Camp blue water dobylns
    Lv 41-> 50 mass farm the same dobylns at blue water area ... OR farm the dobylns to the east of uldah.

    I changed area's when the dobylns got near 100SP a kill.

    for behests I stopped doing behest when I was 5 levels over the target location

    Like nanawa mines lv 20 behest.. I stopped going at lv 25

  10. #2210
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    Nanawa is a 30 behest btw. Guessing it was a typo tho because you'd not go to Broken Water at 25 lol. What I have found is you get more SP on the Nanawa behest than the Nophica one. I think it's because the mobs are higher SP mobs. Not sure if you've seen the discussion on tough mobs giving more SP for the same rank.

    I realised last night that stats in this game are pretty much useless. I'm working on my CON right now so most of my stats are set up for mage. But a guy wanted help on his buffalo faction so I switched to archer and fought it with 49 STR. I was still hitting the thing hard and did a Foeseeker for over 600. But who knows, maybe it would have done considerably more with the 120 or so STR I normally have. I think that was the first time I'd fought it since hitting 50 and it was on top of a BR. Still, 49 is less than the STR cap for a rank 10. You'd think I'd do next to no damage lol.

    On a side note I think the stat reallocation is retarded. I can work with one reallocation per hour, but making me click 340 times per reallocation is retarded. Especially when my next reallocation is going to remove some of what I've just reallocated. Not looking forward to going back to DoW stats for thursday's NM run and then back to DoM after. I'm hopeful this is part of the improved UI they talk about. I mean, how hard can it be to have a box to type in that I want to allocate 100 points to INT or whatever?

  11. #2211
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15
    BG Level
    1

    Has anyone had a problem where they can't re-size their text window?
    I have two dialog boxes set up. My primary one is my chat, which works fine. I can move it and re-size it (width and height). My secondary box contains my battle tab and synthesis tab. I can move it just fine and re-size the width, but I cannot re-size the height. Once the log fills up to the size of the box, it just runs itself off screen so I can't read it (I get no scroll bar). If I click on the tab, it'll automatically re-size itself vertically. Once there is enough text, it ends up taking up the whole screen (and I finally get a scroll bar), but I still can't re-size the height.
    I tried restoring defaults, logging, restarting the game, and restarting my PC. After some searching and not finding anything to help, I called a GM... but...its going on 4 hours now and no response.
    Any ideas?

  12. #2212
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    So I made my way to that castle feature that's on the Shroud map north of Treespeak. The last bit was a difficult run from the Lasthold gate. I don't think you'd be able to get there without Quickstride.

    If you want to see what it looks like click the link below, or go have fun exploring yourself and keep it as a surprise.

    http://img46.imageshack.us/i/landmark.jpg/

    All those dots on my radar are rank 75-79 efts so it's clear we won't be seeing this used in any quests for a long time. Why didn't SE add more shit like this and less repeated terrain? I've explored most of the Shroud and it's the only interesting landmark I've come across. I want to reach that area far northeast of Nine Ivies next time I go exploring but the distance from the nearest gate makes it seem like an impossible run.

  13. #2213
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    566
    BG Level
    5

    Can someone give me some info on starting out on botany r7?

    Like where to go in uldah region?

    And what stats to look for in buying equipment for it?

  14. #2214
    Vuitton
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    Can someone give me some info on starting out on botany r7?

    Like where to go in uldah region?

    And what stats to look for in buying equipment for it?
    Go here, choose your map, choose your grade, and filter out what you don't want to see. The two green circles are what you want.

    http://www.disciplesoftheland.com/Maps.aspx

  15. #2215
    Vuitton
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    So I made my way to that castle feature that's on the Shroud map north of Treespeak. The last bit was a difficult run from the Lasthold gate. I don't think you'd be able to get there without Quickstride.

    If you want to see what it looks like click the link below, or go have fun exploring yourself and keep it as a surprise.

    http://img46.imageshack.us/i/landmark.jpg/

    All those dots on my radar are rank 75-79 efts so it's clear we won't be seeing this used in any quests for a long time. Why didn't SE add more shit like this and less repeated terrain? I've explored most of the Shroud and it's the only interesting landmark I've come across. I want to reach that area far northeast of Nine Ivies next time I go exploring but the distance from the nearest gate makes it seem like an impossible run.
    The map area NW of Nine Ivies is also unique. The entire area is nothing but pathways thousands of feet above the forest. You see it briefly during one of the story line missions via instance. It is normally pathed by drakes that will one shot you.

  16. #2216
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    The map area NW of Nine Ivies is also unique. The entire area is nothing but pathways thousands of feet above the forest. You see it briefly during one of the story line missions via instance. It is normally pathed by drakes that will one shot you.
    Yeah that area really puzzles me, like why is it so high up? I like to assume the forest isn't high above sea level because it connects to Thanalan which is mostly at sea level, yet there's no giant hills to climb in the forest to reach those silly heights. But since when did the terrain in this game make sense?

    I've collected all the gates in the Shroud now except one south of Crimson Bark but it's so out the way and I'm lazy. The area towards the northeast corner of Nine Ivies is surprisingly full of low rank mobs that don't aggro, you can go all the way up without any problems unless you do what I did and think Verdant Drop is a good place to set home point on the way. But it's not necessary. Anyway it appears to be the homeland of the Sylph. It's blocked off but you can get a bit of a view over.

    Something that is puzzling me is why there is about three dozen different beast coins in the game that have no use.

  17. #2217
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    566
    BG Level
    5

    Ok so how do I know what grade is ideal for good SP at a certain level?

    Like what rank would I start grade 2 or 3?

  18. #2218
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    It's best to start when you get the scanner for that grade, which is 8, 18, 28 and 38. You can get good SP before that but you won't get many hits on the node and unless you're following someone you'll struggle to find them.

  19. #2219
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I heard something about a "glitch" on Necrologos leves... something about the timing of when the boss pops, and running away so you can fight (a lot?) more mobs. Can anyone explain this in detail?

  20. #2220
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,945
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    If you search my posts in the last week or two you'll find that answer. It is probably somewhere in this thread.

Page 111 of 262 FirstFirst ... 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3796
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 13:29
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49