1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 6 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 3 hours, 31 minutes
Page 155 of 262 FirstFirst ... 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 ... LastLast
Results 3081 to 3100 of 5229
  1. #3081
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    You wish you could

  2. #3082
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,221
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Seriously? God damn, and no mention of fixing that in the UI Adjustments either.

  3. #3083
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    972
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    You can move your UI elements around to get it out of the tooltip view

  4. #3084
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Seriously? God damn, and no mention of fixing that in the UI Adjustments either.
    I bring it up every time this is mentioned, and so I will again.

    The bastards removed the tooltips from the action bar (as seen in the AA demo vid) but they never implemented it.

    ragefacehere

  5. #3085
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    I vaguely recall them talking about making a toggle for tooltips in the future? But I could be pulling shit out of my ass.

  6. #3086
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I'm pretty certain they recently mentioned it. You are not alone~

  7. #3087
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,288
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I vaguely recall them talking about making a toggle for tooltips in the future? But I could be pulling shit out of my ass.
    I read this as well. I can't remember the timeline for it but they for sure mentioned a toggle for the tooltips is coming.

  8. #3088
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,221
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Starting to get annoyed at reworking my abilities every job swap since the interface is slow as fuck on my PC.

    Mainly wondering, with the /eaction command, do I need to make a macro first that flushes out all abilities currently slotted to ensure the macro to equip them in runs into no problems?



    Can't wait to hit rank 14 on my THM (11 now, been wasting time working on Fishing/LNC/CNJ as well), pain in the ass having my bro die on some of these leves and have to waste a minute trekking back. Resurrect should help some. I also don't know if it's because I'm low lvl or not, but my THM is dealing a fuckton of damage, and I've yet to spend a single attribute point (phyiscal lvl11 atm) since I don't even know what to put them in.

    I'm also at a loss on the gear situaiton. In beta you basically had to craft your own stuff. What about nowadays? Same deal, or can I rely on market ward with what little gil I got?

    This game also badly needs a proper /search command.

  9. #3089
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,288
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Right now it is terrible to go from a high rank class to a low one. A lot of skills remain in slots that you don't plan to use on that class and you have to remove them to put the skills on you want. I try to use the same slots on every R50 class for skills that way they can just overwrite one another when I equip them.

    The best thing I have found to do for lower rank classes is make 3 macros that remove all skills and just go through them and remove all your skills. Then run your skill macros. Doing it any other way you will run into the -you exceed the yeah- and it's just a pain in the ass.

    They have been saying for a long time they are going to change it to where when we change classes it equips the skills we last had. Also Yoshi wants us to be able to hot-swap skill sets on the fly to adjust for certain situations. By that I hope he means they are gonna get rid of this slow ass one at a time skill setting and removing system.

    If you could just wait a little bit longer!

  10. #3090
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    If you're consistently doing quests (when they open up) and all your leves, you should have enough gil to afford the basic vanilla gear you'll need. Once you hit 30~35ish, you can use free NM-drop gear and stuff from Thousand Maws which is pretty top-notch for a long time considering it's the only non-50 gear that actually has bonus stats like Accuracy/Magic Potency/Evasion/etc.


    For attributes, go to your main menu and pick Stat Allocation I think. Then you can spend the points on various stats. You should do so as your MP is semi based on MND.

  11. #3091
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    109
    BG Level
    3

    If your planning on main THM then MND will up MP int will up THM nuke damage and VIT will up HP, Piety will up your Magic accuracy

  12. #3092
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    PIE is also DoT damage iirc.

    As someone lvling a myriad of jobs I went with

    STR 80
    VIT 130
    DEX 80
    MND 80
    INT 40
    PIE 80

    Largely because I like nice round numbers but also because it's well-rounded overall. Left INT low because it's probably the least useful stat in general, just brought it up to the 2/stat barrier so I could use INT->STR traits.

    VIT is always important for all jobs especially considering the game it quite solo friendly, the rest is brought up to the 2->3/stat barrier to get the most bang for your point allotment buck. I sometimes switch between the above and lowering PIE to 60 and raising VIT to 140.

  13. #3093
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,221
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Is there a recommended wiki I can go to for looking up what exactly each of the stats do and how they affect other stats/abilities?

    I put an even dump of points into the elements for now, still not sure exactly how I should balance stuff. At least I can change these around after the fact if I wish to.

    I'm also at a loss on where to find armor from vendors, unless you don't.

    Lack of a proper /assist pissing me off. Takes me forever to target what my brother is attacking due to the current targeting system. That and target not auto-disengaging on KO'd targets.

  14. #3094
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,945
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    No wiki, but there's a lodestone entry which you'll feel is made of lies in a few levels anyway.

    If you tank, don't put your wind higher than 57 for knight's bread. If dps, fire no higher than 57 for shepard's pie.

    Armorfitters, battlecraft, and fieldcraft wards should have stuff to get you started. Npc is at the center between the two pictures on the wall.

  15. #3095
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,103
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    As a mage, its best to turn off auto-lock engage on targets. That way you have full control of who you want to target for nukes or cures/buffs.

    Sub targeting is avaliable if you're use to XI's party system with the F1-6 keys.
    I mainly just use F8 to target closest mob in-front of me or use my mouse for direct targeting of mobs and clicking on names for cures.

    After the last patch, banish and scourge dmg was boosted alot regardless of your stats. INT/MND/PIE helps with overall dmg, mp and spell resistance respectively.

  16. #3096
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,221
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I've been wondering, what happened to the icon beside mobs since beta? The orb used to represent its difficulty compared to you/your group, now it's just whether they aggro or not. Any way to get the old system back other than gauging difficulty based on enemy rank display?


    Also, is there a beginner's guide to crafting? Not quite sure what I'm doing with some of these minigames, nor do I have a list of places to buy/farm recipes from for earlier ranks.


    My life been a hell lot better ever since I made some class-change macros at any rate. At least I won't have to worry about gear-swap macro hell from XI in this since you can't change gear when engaged. Just wish the action bar would fade out actions if you're out of range though.

  17. #3097
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    They don't have the difficulty icon any more, but there is a command to show the mob's level. It might be possible to turn that on through the UI now though. Anyway, short answer is I'd try to find things about 7-10 ranks above you, depending on what you fight. Though Yoshida said this will change in the near future.

    As for a guide, I'd just use YG's recipe database for what to synth. I normally go with things that require about 1-2 materials, depending how annoying they are to get.

  18. #3098
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,288
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    The rank display is a shit ton better than the old icon which was extremely unreliable. It would change depending on party size and half of the time it was wrong. In Beta it had like a R80 or some shit Emerald Salamander as yellow because we had a big party. Also you would never know how truly hard a monster is when it was red. Could be 20 ranks above, could be 60.

  19. #3099
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Given the huge effect dLVL has on.....everything it's really important to know the exact rank of what you're fighting, idk if it's confirmation bias but at the 11+ rank mark mobs seem to get significantly more difficult relative to +1-10.

  20. #3100
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,221
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Yeah, kinda getting there. At rank 14 currently (been working on subs/crafts the last week casually), and I feel safer doing mobs within 2 ranks of me. Granted it could also have something to do with the shit HP I have as a Lalafell THM, even with VIT as my main stat.

    At any rate, how exactly do XP groups work in this? I'm suspecting it's not as simple as group up -> Kill everything in sight. People seem to shout around the rank 25+ range also, so I'm stuck with my solo/duo-with-bro for a bit longer.

Page 155 of 262 FirstFirst ... 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3796
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 13:29
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49