1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 12 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -3 hours, -50 minutes
Page 162 of 262 FirstFirst ... 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 ... LastLast
Results 3221 to 3240 of 5229
  1. #3221
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,117
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    ugh i gotta get my pling done before it gets patched

  2. #3222
    Tottenham 'til I die
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,152
    BG Level
    7

    Just got my last job over 40, PLing has netted me about 5 mil in as many days. We did a 30 hour party of it. Change PL every hour so everyone gets long breaks

  3. #3223
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    763
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    From 1.19a patch notes:

    An issue wherein the amount of EXP yielded was not adjusted properly when low- and high-level players were grouped together.


  4. #3224
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19
    BG Level
    1

    I built a new computer recently, and so I started playing 14 again. Is there any way to get old macros from my old system to the new one, or should I even be bothering with macros at all? I don't have any jobs above 20 at this point. (Main DoW is LNC) I also haven't played for almost a year, so fuck if I remember how to create macros, I just remember it being a long process that wound up only working half the time (I was probably doing it wrong, though).

  5. #3225
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    There's a "user" folder in FFXIV main folder you need to copy.

  6. #3226
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    102
    BG Level
    3

    You need to copy the C:\Users\{Windows username}\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV\user folder in order to copy macros, atleast thats how i do it.

  7. #3227
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,843
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    i just had my first party i was R19 , everyone else was 23ish? and we had a level 40 mrd diablo 2ing everything ... is this normal cuz i gained more exp in the 10 mins of that party then the 4 hours i spent in the new cave key hunting solo.

  8. #3228
    ono
    ono is offline
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    190
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Is there a trick to getting DoW/DoM class points?

    Months ago I had everything at least level 25, so they were being offered on a lot of the level 20 or 30 leves. And then the patch that introduced the city requirement (so Ul'dah for THM points), but this week I tried to pick up a few, only two had any THM point rewards. Is it just random luck of the draw?

  9. #3229
    ono
    ono is offline
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    190
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Is there a trick to getting DoW/DoM class points?

    Months ago I had everything at least level 25, so they were being offered on a lot of the level 20 or 30 leves. And then the patch that introduced the city requirement (so Ul'dah for THM points), but this week I tried to pick up a few, only two had any THM point rewards. Is it just random luck of the draw?

  10. #3230
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,945
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Is there a trick to getting DoW/DoM class points?

    Months ago I had everything at least level 25, so they were being offered on a lot of the level 20 or 30 leves. And then the patch that introduced the city requirement (so Ul'dah for THM points), but this week I tried to pick up a few, only two had any THM point rewards. Is it just random luck of the draw?
    It's random, but I think the leves offered (and thus the rewards) update every time you would receive an allotment. What I do when I am focusing on marks is let my guardian's favor cap out, then grab all leves from a certain area (say Horizon), and then go out there, set Horizon as homepoint (with return to Ul'dah), complete the leves, return back, pick up the next batch (it will be the same leves but with different rewards), teleport back to Horizon, rinse, repeat.

    I went from 38 > 41 fisher doing this yesterday from Limsa to Iron Lake in about 3.5hours (and it was only two leves). I drained all 200 of my favor and gained about 12k fishing marks. I imagine if you do this one a class that is in the 20-30s range, you would gain levels very quickly unless the leves totally sucked.

  11. #3231
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,978
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Ugh, those assholes bitching on the official forums completely ruined PLing. There might be a level cut off, but a L26 and a L1 in the same party netted zero xp for the L1, on L9 spriggan collectors outside of Ul'dah.

    Obviously there's going to be a difference when the two players are closer in level, but I don't know what the xp cutoff is.

  12. #3232
    F5 Like A Boss.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,396
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

    Seems to be 10 levels and scales.

  13. #3233
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    What was the /command to make the chat window disappear when not in use?

  14. #3234
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,978
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Seems to be 10 levels and scales.
    People on the official forums are saying you either get full xp or no xp, but i'd take your word over theirs obviously. Have you seen it in action yet?

    I'm avoiding grinding in favor of getting my personal chocobo.

  15. #3235
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,843
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Is pug just like old school monk were dot isnt needed and i should just play any of the other DD classes?

  16. #3236
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    763
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Wow, any trick to fishing? lol, seems so incredibly slow compared to mining/logging. like 90% of the time I get "nothing bites.", keep trying different depths. at a grade 2 node near drybone with a weathered rod and lugworm. Also, is fishing like mining/logging where certain catches will always be at the same "jig spot"? Like how Iron Ore is like 51-70% on the strike thing.

    Edit: nevermind, went to LL and stuff is biting my lugworm like crazy now, guess I was just in the wrong spot with my lure

  17. #3237
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,945
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    This website should just be linked somewhere in these forums as a clickable: http://www.disciplesoftheland.com/Default.aspx

    it has -everything- you need to know for DoL.

  18. #3238
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    763
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Wow, incredible site @.@ thank you!

  19. #3239
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Start at Grade-1 until you get the hang of it.

    Also, don't get stuck into the train of thought of XI fishing. Rod doesn't determine fish whatsoever... just upgrade it as soon as you can equip a newer, better one. Different rods are purely for stats.

    Additionally, each fish has a few lures and bait that it favors. When your lure/bait is favored by the fish that bites, it will give a "biting on the ___" message and it will be a much faster bite.

    I just don't recommend prematurely going to higher grade waters when you start out fishing or else you will get a ton of boring no-bites.

  20. #3240
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Is there any kind of BG wiki for XIV, or is there one planned? All the resources I've been trying to use catching back up fucking blow.

Page 162 of 262 FirstFirst ... 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3796
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 13:29
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49