1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 7 minutes
Page 178 of 262 FirstFirst ... 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 ... LastLast
Results 3541 to 3560 of 5229
  1. #3541
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Yeah sorry, I meant have my battle log as one window then the other window contain the rest of my five tabs. I knew about the two per window thing.

  2. #3542
    The Spooniest of Bards
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,676
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Neoscrilla View Post
    I noticed that Banish 2 and Scourge 2 easily outdamaged the Tier 2 CNJ nukes as well. i dont use the DoTs though because they dont last very long and resist alot on things that matter.
    I am sad.

  3. #3543
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    451
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Hydraxis

    Quote Originally Posted by Fereydoon View Post
    I am sad.
    Yeah its pretty disheartening to some of us that wanted to be DD mages. Give us elemental nukes that suck, pigeonhole us into being healers, then give the THM better nukes. Job adjustments should take care of this, I hope.....THM nukes hitting harder does make the THM to BLM transition kinda make sense, if that was possible.

  4. #3544
    The Spooniest of Bards
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,676
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Does anyone have experience with the Alchemist leve Training and Eating? I went out to Camp Bearded Rock, the guy asked me where the supplies were, I went back to town, made his 24 cornmeal, came back, same response. Was I supposed to talk to someone else? Or bring the millioncorn there?

  5. #3545
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    451
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Hydraxis

    Did you use the mats they supplied you or did you use your own? You can tell if you have the requested mats by looking at the journal and the icon on the right side has a yellow arrow at the bottom. A green check mark means they are complete but need to be handed in. When you syntesize, the top tab in the materials window for requested items are where you find the mats that they supply to you. If you use your own mats, they do not work for leves. Sometimes you will have to pick the mats up from a NPC then take them to another place to turn in. Hope this helps!! :D

  6. #3546
    The Spooniest of Bards
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,676
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Neoscrilla View Post
    Did you use the mats they supplied you or did you use your own? You can tell if you have the requested mats by looking at the journal and the icon on the right side has a yellow arrow at the bottom. A green check mark means they are complete but need to be handed in. When you syntesize, the top tab in the materials window for requested items are where you find the mats that they supply to you. If you use your own mats, they do not work for leves. Sometimes you will have to pick the mats up from a NPC then take them to another place to turn in. Hope this helps!! :D
    Oh, I see what I did wrong, I'm used to going to the npc to get mats first, but I got the mats when I accepted to leve..

  7. #3547
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,103
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Spells are highly subjected to elemental weakness. Hitting stuff with the proper element will yield higher dmg and higher crit rate. Granted at the lower lvs banish/scourge seem stronger but as you get higher up in rank (40+) spells begin to balance out.

  8. #3548
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Fereydoon View Post
    Oh, I see what I did wrong, I'm used to going to the npc to get mats first, but I got the mats when I accepted to leve..
    You auto-receive materials for leves delivered to camps, for the truly local leves you need to talk to the given NPC first.

    That said, fuck the whole concept of having to deliver stuff to camps, pointless running/chocoing/aether waste.

  9. #3549
    The Spooniest of Bards
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,676
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    You auto-receive materials for leves delivered to camps, for the truly local leves you need to talk to the given NPC first.

    That said, fuck the whole concept of having to deliver stuff to camps, pointless running/chocoing/aether waste.
    Yeah, I hate having to run out to the camp, there weren't any truly local leves at the time though.

  10. #3550
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I have heard that you can accept those shitty camp-delivery or low-level leves, complete them and fail to deliver them. Doing so is supposed to keep those leves from ever showing up in the options as long as you still have them on you. Thus, just the ones you do and turn in will keep showing up.

    I have yet to test this though because I don't feel like doing all the Lv.40 WVR leves that show up and clog things up for that single Lv.50 in-town leve that I prefer to repeat.

  11. #3551
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    In the case of battle leves it doesn't work, you can accept a leve you already have (uncompleted) and the old one will just be replaced.

    Can't say I've noticed it with locals but either way since the leve changes there seem to be many more available in general, I assumed the ones you can accept just sort of compound with each reset until you start accepting some.

  12. #3552
    The Spooniest of Bards
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,676
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    How do you use an item? Food/potion/what have you. If I hit it in my inventory I only get sell/discard/etc

  13. #3553
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    The U-key should bring up the "use-item" menu which narrows down your inventory to the items that can be used. It's just annoying that it default targets your current target even when you're trying to eat food or something similar.

  14. #3554
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    797
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    what does the level on the materia mean?
    Does it mean it can only be weld to equipment greater than or equal to the stated level?

  15. #3555
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,076
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

    Does level gap make any difference in terms of drop rate, besides crystals?

  16. #3556
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Miltani View Post
    what does the level on the materia mean?
    Does it mean it can only be weld to equipment greater than or equal to the stated level?
    The level stated on the materia means it can be only attached to equipment that meets or exceeds that level. For example, if it says Lv.41~ it can only be used on Lv.41-50 items. So no attaching STR+15 to your Lv.5 cotton gloves.

    Also, for some reason there's a massive gap for low/mid-level gear, forcing you to use only Tier-I materia if you want to meld anything to any gear in the Lv.1-30 range.

    Tier-I: Lv.1~
    Tier-II: Lv. 31~
    Tier-III: Lv.41~
    Tier-IV: Lv.41~

    I guess it could be because they designed player growth with such a curve that Tier-II materia would be too potent before the 30s, since that's when you start to not suck.

  17. #3557
    Ifrit's lolCudgel
    QQing is what I do best

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    524
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyree View Post
    Does level gap make any difference in terms of drop rate, besides crystals?
    In my experience, no.

  18. #3558
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,554
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Ok, I did all the Grand Company quests and now joined up with Uldah, I have 2350 seals and wondering where I access the company leves and security caravans at? I have class before long so don't feel like making a group atm for the Toto-rak quest or Ifrit!

  19. #3559
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Company Leves you can get in Nanawa and Hatali(sp) I think, Caravan in Horizon. Thought don't expect to get to 3k fast on them, each Leve takes 15 min and is like @30 seals? Dunno about Caravan.

  20. #3560
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,554
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Thanks! I only need 650.

Page 178 of 262 FirstFirst ... 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3796
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 13:29
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49