1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 23 minutes
Page 206 of 262 FirstFirst ... 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 256 ... LastLast
Results 4101 to 4120 of 5229
  1. #4101
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    I'd wait for 1.21 and then either jump in or ask again; it should come at some point in February. I can't even convince my own wife to play right now, and she was gung-ho about the game before launch.

  2. #4102
    Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,049
    BG Level
    6

    Yea after you do ifrit a few times it's dull. Got all crafting classes to 50 aside for 32 cul and 46 alc. Really can't be bothered to finish them until 1.21. Moogle takes a lot of coordination to do and finding players capable of that is pretty hard. hell my last few ifrit runs have been awful due to people just sucking. I don't even bother going anymore. Guess I could level arc up to use this ifrits bow and get chameleon but... why?

    Might as well wait for 1.21.

  3. #4103
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,825
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Alright, thanks for the responses. I'll leave it for now.

  4. #4104
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Is this game worth playing yet?
    No stay away from it and dont look back

  5. #4105
    Vuitton
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Alright, thanks for the responses. I'll leave it for now.
    There is plenty for you to do depending on how long ago you stopped playing. Of course there isn't much for these players with most everything level 50 and who have done all the content released to date.

  6. #4106
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    If you don't have a linkshell or fail to get one in a decent amount of time, you will find it rather boring now matter how much content is still new to you.

  7. #4107
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    579
    BG Level
    5

    I think the good spots in the game are overwhelmed by the little rage inducing bullshit you encounter doing anything in the game. I've given up until 2.0.

  8. #4108
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Were the Valentine's day items dat mined awhile ago or are they in the game yet? I was flipping through the achievements and saw the V-day ones are listed.

  9. #4109
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,076
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

    They were datamined when 1.20 came out, the achievements were just added though.

    This is the final item, the first two are just watered down versions of this:
    http://www.ffxivpro.com/item/9040021...ternal-passion

  10. #4110
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    592
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Yeah I would just wait till Version 2.0 comes out unless you have friends that are in an active link shell and jump straight into the action. Hmmm... I am a sucker for Valentine event items. If it were a beautiful dress or wand or heart shaped hat or something in the like I "might" have subscribed (something like Aion or TERA).

    >.>;

    <.<;

    But if it is just a cute ring. Meh. Don't you need to zoom that sucker in to see it in detail. Oh well maybe next time!

  11. #4111
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    It's actually a necklace according to FFXIVPro. The image makes it look like it'll be a choker.

  12. #4112
    Vuitton
    Guest

    It's actually a cock ring. I think it's cute with a little heart.

  13. #4113
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Is targeting fucked up when you're locked in Party mode? If I press up I can only target the member on the bottom of the list and me, if I press down I can only target the member on the top of the list. I have to use left and right to cycle the entire group <_<

  14. #4114
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Last time I tried to use their weird targeting shit, I just gave up because I made too many mistakes. I just leave it on all-targeting and use the F1~F8 keys for targeting specific party members.

  15. #4115
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3
    BG Level
    0

    A few random questions that probably have obvious answers:
    The main thing that keeps me logging out lately (I havent played since before 1.18ish but all this 1.20 stuff got me back on) is the controls scheme (I play standard keyboard/mouse) and I was wondering how other people are setting their controls up.

    I got used to the FFXI controls so I've been trying for something similar.

    Also, Is there a "ranking" system of sorts for what jobs are preferred for what? Like in ffxi there was the blm all day errday and other jobs would be considered lower ( happened to drg for a while )

  16. #4116
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    The controls are set up the same as FFXI except for camera controls, are they not?

    The "ranking" as you call it seems to change major every patch. Right now it's THM/CON/ARC on top, but 1.21 and jobs are right around the corner. PGL seems the be the only recurring one at the bottom.

  17. #4117
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I'll assume not since Pro doesn't have the stats on them, but has anyone been able to datamine what stats each of these materia that aren't in the game yet have?

    Spoiler: show

    Savage Aim
    Sagacious Aim
    Bloodflow
    Manaflow
    Mettleflow
    Everspike
    Soldier's Step
    Sorcerer's Step
    Sprinter's Step
    Savant's Step
    Breath of Fire
    Breath of Ice
    Breath of Wind
    Breath of Earth
    Breath of Lightning
    Breath of Water
    Bloodbringer
    Manabringer
    Mettlebringer
    Mana Martyr
    Mettle Martyr
    Byregot's Hammer
    Menphina's Whisper

  18. #4118
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    54
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    I'll assume not since Pro doesn't have the stats on them, but has anyone been able to datamine what stats each of these materia that aren't in the game yet have?

    Spoiler: show

    Savage Aim
    Sagacious Aim
    Bloodflow
    Manaflow
    Mettleflow
    Everspike
    Soldier's Step
    Sorcerer's Step
    Sprinter's Step
    Savant's Step
    Breath of Fire
    Breath of Ice
    Breath of Wind
    Breath of Earth
    Breath of Lightning
    Breath of Water
    Bloodbringer
    Manabringer
    Mettlebringer
    Mana Martyr
    Mettle Martyr
    Byregot's Hammer
    Menphina's Whisper
    They are all Heavy Resistance in the dats, so we'll have to wait until they put in the real stats sometime. Savage/Sagacious Aim is probably Crit accuracy/rate, the -flow ones are probably regen/refresh/regain, everspike and the Soldier/Sorc/etc steps, who knows, maybe more combo materia like the current leg stat+ ones. Breaths, no idea, the -bringers are probably en-drain or debuff effects based on HP, MP, and TP, and I have no guess on what the martyr and the two god ones do.

  19. #4119
    Wordsmith Cookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    59
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

    Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Is targeting fucked up when you're locked in Party mode? If I press up I can only target the member on the bottom of the list and me, if I press down I can only target the member on the top of the list. I have to use left and right to cycle the entire group <_<
    Yes- This got messed up during patch 1.20b
    At first I thought it was just a glitch and dismissed it. 2 Days later I log on for an event and it still didn't work. I thought it was because I honestly was running in windowed mode or something but after brining up the problem over vent- everyone in my linkshell had the same issue. Via keyboard and controller.

    >< It worked perfectly in 1.20 via scrolling up / down. Now 1.20b has gone and broke it.
    Ifrit I can deal with I usually have the tank selected. But Moogle I'm /raging because I now have to click and or macro in /target <p1/2/3/4> etc. for curing purposes.

    I tried messing with the targeting hotkey (lol I never knew how many different targeting commands this game had that I didn't use) but changing without luck.

  20. #4120
    Kaeko
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,974
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Person in our LS has this issue on controller. 1.20b did break it. I don't really understand it since I'm keyboard only, but he claims it occurs if you are in a party and then someone else joins. You can "correct" or prevent this bug by making sure you're always the last to join a party (so that no one else joins and breaks the targeting mode after you are in). I suppose if more than 1 guy has this issue in the party you're kinda screwed tho.

Page 206 of 262 FirstFirst ... 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 256 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3796
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 13:29
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49