1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 44 minutes
Page 217 of 262 FirstFirst ... 167 207 215 216 217 218 219 227 ... LastLast
Results 4321 to 4340 of 5229
  1. #4321
    Bard-turned-Miner
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,648
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Ah yeah, I forgot about that. Those issues are mostly about aggressive mobs and/or the annoying distance between points though, right?
    Yeah.. although it'd be nice if they took care of the offhand oddness at the same time.

  2. #4322
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,411
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Does /equip main and /equip sub not work anymore?
    /equip main "Dated Silver Needle +1"
    /equip main "Dated Silver Needle" +1
    /equip main "Dated Silver Needle"
    None of those work. I also thought it may be dated stuff but /equip sub "Dated Walnut Spinning Wheel" and /equip sub "Walnut Spinning Wheel" both don't work either.

  3. #4323
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

    It's "mh" and "oh" now.

  4. #4324
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Try mh instead of main. I think they recently changed that. Similarly, /display mh on/off is that other command.

    edit: beat'd

  5. #4325
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,412
    BG Level
    7

    Is PUG super terrible and will I never be invited to groups? I'm trying to decide what to level to 50 first. I was gonna' go Archer but I fear the fate that might be sealed if that becomes BRD later

  6. #4326
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    PUG parties are as you would expect if you come from a FFXI background. LS parties are, in all likelihood, superior, but PUGs get the job done most of the time.

    Oh, you meant PGL. Yeah, don't expect to get much action out of PGL. It's currently the lolclass, if there is one. It's relatively easy to get classes to 50 though, so I'd still level whatever looks coolest. PGL does good damage, the problem is that the hive mind community hasn't found a niche for it yet.

    As always, opinions may drastically change with the upcoming patch.

  7. #4327
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    It also has the downside of needing steady MP gains to keep their damage output as high as possible. This isn't the easiest thing to do on high-level NMs because Sucker Punch's MP drain is based on the damage dealt (sucks terribly on Ifrit and hard to combo on Moogles). Also, feather foot isn't going to net you any MP if you're not getting attacked. Hopefully this becomes less of an issue when Bard exists and the "endgame" fights become a bit more diverse as the class shines in its ability to solo right now. Not to mention, Monk is getting an ability that looks to fill a niche specifically dealing with adds (Sap).

  8. #4328
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,197
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    I'm probably sipping some major kool-aid, but I feel like PGL is the best melee class at the moment. Mixing ARC and other melee in Moogle makes it hard for the melee-melee in general but ARC's only benefit is range advantage and less of a skill barrier. PGL doesn't need to keep Fists of Fire up fulltime; in terms of Moogle fight I only use it for Whiskerwall then turn it off for everything else. A Howling Fist combo will do ~1k on the last WS alone. Taunting current target helps stabilize position for a few seconds and offers a chance of Featherfoot>Haymaker too.

    Monk will only make it better, Kicks will be a nice MP sink for winning the damage race. Sap will also have nice applications for add fights, assuming they don't make it (too) resistible.

    Elaboration: Best out of PGL MRD LNC I mean. ARC is kind of by itself for the aforementioned reasons.

    Edit below: that too.

  9. #4329
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    I'm told ARC's huge benefit in the Moogle fight is that it can do its combos without any regard for which direction the target is facing, but yeah I agree that PGL is awesome for moogle.

  10. #4330
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Is there a requirement for getting mobs to drop shards/crystals, like being an exp-yielding level range? I don't recall needing to do much other than kill low-level, too-weak shit to get shards, but nothin' doin' right now. Did they change that when I wasn't looking?

  11. #4331
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    795
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Is there a requirement for getting mobs to drop shards/crystals, like being an exp-yielding level range? I don't recall needing to do much other than kill low-level, too-weak shit to get shards, but nothin' doin' right now. Did they change that when I wasn't looking?
    Pretty sure you need to get exp to get shards from killing mobs. I once farmed the hell out of Shposhae for the sake of collecting all the items in there, and I don't think I got any.

    Gathering on the other hand, you don't need to get exp to get shards.

  12. #4332
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    On that note, what's the max dLvl before mobs stop giving exp anyway?

  13. #4333
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I'm pretty sure it's 20. I get 16 exp at 18 dLvl and 0 exp at 20 dLvl. Until I find a 19 dLvl near me, I remember getting 8 exp from a mob.

  14. #4334
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    What are you farming shards for anyway? As far as time efficiency goes, you'd probably be better off farming something else (Karakul Fleece?) and just buying the shards, or doing what the shard sellers do and get them from busting fish into shards.

    Actually, on second look, maybe you weren't farming for shards. Maybe you were just killing low-level stuff and wondered why you weren't getting any.

  15. #4335
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Yeah, you get 14 exp at 19 dLvl and none at 20 dLvl.

    Raldo: I was slightly curious about finding a highly and densely populated low level area so I could maybe simultaneously grind towards the Butcher's Crown achievement (lol) while farming up some wind/fire shards. I happened by such a spot and Firaga'd a few monkeys and was just surprised to see no shards at all.

  16. #4336
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Apparently there's more to getting mobs to drop crystals/shards than meeting the experience point dLvl. Lv.31~32 Nestling Buzzards are not dropping any for me at all (while yielding 14~17 exp). Must be a separate dLvl to meet for that...

    Lame.




    (doh, I forgot to get signet)

  17. #4337
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    The plot thickens!

    Sorry, I'm suuuuper bored.

  18. #4338
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I guess looking at: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post533840
    there will be no new company ranks think patch? I'm thinking whether I should save my seals or buy me a nice weapon for my Lv40 THM.

  19. #4339
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I'm pretty sure Chocobo bards are going to cost seals as well. (If you care about that stuff)

  20. #4340
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    True, forgot about that... But that Uldahn Brand seems so tempting O.o Need to ponder over it a little more I guess
    Though while I would care about increasing my rank asap, getting choco equip might not be on my priority list...
    Then there's Electrum Scepter or Lightning Brand if I don't care about m.acc... I hate that after you outlevel the seal items you don't really have much use for them.

Page 217 of 262 FirstFirst ... 167 207 215 216 217 218 219 227 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3796
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 13:29
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49