1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 0 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 9 hours, 38 minutes
Page 227 of 262 FirstFirst ... 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 ... LastLast
Results 4521 to 4540 of 5229
  1. #4521
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,103
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I would try to stick to leves as they give good xp and provide a nice steady income if you're hard up for cash. Select 1 star below ur lv as they are easier to kill and thus makes clearing leves faster. Leves will on average give 250-300xp per mob kill with a reward of 3k+ for 5-10 mins of work.

    You probably won't see any parties below lv 30 til the server merge repopulates the servers. If you grind try to stick to mobs same lv or just 1 above. Mob difficulty vs time investment on anything higher isn't worth the time.

  2. #4522
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Is not being able to Elusive Jump while Bound a bug or a feature?

  3. #4523
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    That sounds like "working as intended."

  4. #4524
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Is not being able to Elusive Jump while Bound a bug or a feature?
    I noticed that too and I just assumed "damn, they already thought about that. :("

  5. #4525
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    679
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Enygma55 View Post
    I would try to stick to leves as they give good xp and provide a nice steady income if you're hard up for cash. Select 1 star below ur lv as they are easier to kill and thus makes clearing leves faster. Leves will on average give 250-300xp per mob kill with a reward of 3k+ for 5-10 mins of work.

    You probably won't see any parties below lv 30 til the server merge repopulates the servers. If you grind try to stick to mobs same lv or just 1 above. Mob difficulty vs time investment on anything higher isn't worth the time.
    I've been doing leves/grinding when I'm 1 level under and at level. So its better to do some leve ranked below your level, for overall exp, despite the loss of chains? Hmmm

  6. #4526
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I always pick the difficulty that puts the enemies at equal level or +2 higher than myself just to always have chains. Even at +2, it should still be manageable even though you might miss out on the quest-speed bonus (especially when the mob types suck... like opo-opos). EXP per mob and overall completion amount should outweigh that loss.

  7. #4527
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Yep, there's no points in doing leve lower than your lv. Chains give really good exp which will add up to more than quick completion bonus. Also eat food, that's always extra 3% :D

  8. #4528
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,103
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I cant say this holds true for lower lv leves as they might be easier to complete in general but when you are dealing with the 30+ leves, sometimes higher stars mobs have alot more hp and your dmg output isnt so great thus lowering your overall xp/hr rate because the xp you want for completion far outweighs the chaining bonus.

    Im not referring to the speed bonus but the rate at which you can complete leves for the basic completion xp. More leves you can complete = more xp and more moneyz in general. Im also stockpiled with 80+ leves so I have tons to burn. Might be different story for others who wanna make use of every leve they have.

    My 38 MRD doing 3 stars lv30 leves (lv36 mobs) can kill mobs twice as fast as fighting 4star lv 39 mobs. My xp/hr is higher because I can clear leves at a faster rate getting the 4-5k xp bonus for completion. I do Humblehearth leves near grid as its very close to ride out from town.

    lv difference in this game is hugh on your acc and dmg output. Same lv is ok but fighting stuff above lv I tend to miss alot more than I like.

    This might also depend on the job you are on and proper gear so test it out what works best for you. I dont want to buy extra gear for my lower rank classes so I prefer to stick to lower stars on my leves to compensate for my poor acc/atk dmg.

  9. #4529
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    321
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Tonight I tried to get into my inn in Ul'duh as I was about to log but I was unable to. The NPC gave me some gibberish talk and then I was exited out of his chat, no mentioning of the inn. I went to Limsa and I had no problems at all getting into my inn. Is there a max amount of people within the inn, or what was going on?

  10. #4530
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    They shut down the Ul'dahn inn during today's maintenance because it was somehow related to crashing players in Ul'dah. They will be back within probably a few days, once they figure out the exact problem.

  11. #4531
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Did they ninja-fix the job quests to require the active-quest players to be on the appropriate class/job when they exit the instances now? I had no problem with soloing my White Mage quests on other classes/jobs, but now that I went to unlock Paladin, it's actually saying I need to be on Gladiator after I finish killing all 4 mobs in the instance (I switch from 36 GLA after I enter). Trying to see if I can switch at the last second, but having trouble timing it.

    edit: Ah, managed to pull it off. You gotta' be pretty quick about it.

  12. #4532
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    With the Unending Journey book I can rewatch cutscenes and I have questions!

    Cutscene 8 from Futures Perfect
    Spoiler: show
    Is everyone's Path Companion from Ala Mhigo?

    Yda and Papalymo tell me & Shantotto to focus on our inadequacies before worrying about the Empire (lol RETCON'D) does Thancred show up for Ul'Dahns and Y'shotla for Lominsans? I made the mistake of rolling Gridanian in the beginning on Rabanastre ;-; [The journal refers to them as "the mysterious stranger" so I assume yes. I'd be interested to see if the dialogue was different]

    That fucking seagull is one of the Twelve isn't it? Ugh the patron saint of Limsa (I assume) who's name I can't remember. Also your Sharalyan bros vanish mysteriously in all of them right? After tossing you something I don't remember what is---gil?

  13. #4533
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    With the Unending Journey book I can rewatch cutscenes and I have questions!

    Cutscene 8 from Futures Perfect
    Spoiler: show
    Is everyone's Path Companion from Ala Mhigo?

    Yda and Papalymo tell me & Shantotto to focus on our inadequacies before worrying about the Empire (lol RETCON'D) does Thancred show up for Ul'Dahns and Y'shotla for Lominsans? I made the mistake of rolling Gridanian in the beginning on Rabanastre ;-; [The journal refers to them as "the mysterious stranger" so I assume yes. I'd be interested to see if the dialogue was different]

    That fucking seagull is one of the Twelve isn't it? Ugh the patron saint of Limsa (I assume) who's name I can't remember. Also your Sharalyan bros vanish mysteriously in all of them right? After tossing you something I don't remember what is---gil?

    Spoiler: show
    I think each path companion has some sort of tie with Ala Mhigo. My whore of a Miqo'te buddy said something like the resistance leader was her sister's husband (unless I just made that up).

    Yeah, Thancred and Y'shotla are for Ul'dahns and Lominsans... but they pretty much disappear when the storylines merge together in Ul'dah so they never speak the same lines.

  14. #4534
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Spoiler: show
    I think each path companion has some sort of tie with Ala Mhigo. My whore of a Miqo'te buddy said something like the resistance leader was her sister's husband (unless I just made that up).

    Yeah, Thancred and Y'shotla are for Ul'dahns and Lominsans... but they pretty much disappear when the storylines merge together in Ul'dah so they never speak the same lines.
    I know the second part, but in Cutscene 8
    Spoiler: show
    Yda and Papalymo speak to me and my Companion for the first time in a thousand years. Do Yda and Papalymo speak to Lominsans and Ul'Dahns [in that specific scene] or do their respective Sharlyan/Circle of Knowing [that is what they are, right?] people do it? was my question


    More general questions being we don't know who the Paragon(s) is/are, right? Or wtf an Ascian is? (Though maybe it's something from Sil'dih now?)
    Spoiler: show
    In Toll of the Warden the Amalj'aa actually appear angry that nothing has been done about Ala Mhigo--is there any reason in particular other than just the idea of inaction against the Empire?

  15. #4535
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    229
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Spirestone

    I figure don't worry about it, cuz it's all going away in 2.0. The current main storyline is pretty much crap anyways, I just did it for gil and experience.

  16. #4536
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Quote Originally Posted by jwang View Post
    I figure don't worry about it, cuz it's all going away in 2.0. The current main storyline is pretty much crap anyways, I just did it for gil and experience.
    I don't think the storyline is going anywhere... they've said they're continuing it once 2.0 is out. I'm like most people though, so far it doesn't make a lick of sense. Kinda like trying to understand CoP when you're only 1/3 of the way into it.

  17. #4537
    Bard-turned-Miner
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,648
    BG Level
    7

    Tananka: We launch next month! We still need a storyline!
    Team: OK, how about we have an evil empire threaten to invade?
    Tananka: Eh, we need more than that!
    Team: How about some random grim reapers that will scare the players?
    Tananka: Perfect!

    At least, that's how I assume the discussions played out...

  18. #4538
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Off hand, does anyone know what exactly Temple Boots enhances about Fists of Wind? I don't recall Fists of Wind even showing a numerical boost in Evasion when active...

    edit: fuck me, I never realized they changed what Fists of Wind did entirely, removing the whole evasion boost. Nevvvvverrrrmiiiind.

  19. #4539
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    679
    BG Level
    5

    About to get 30 on my 1st class, PGL, should I go ahead and start the MNK quest line once I level?

    Also fuuuuuuu at not being able to find a new h2h for the past few days; I have plenty of gil but none for sale ;;

  20. #4540
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,945
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    You don't have anything to lose by doing the quest.

    Your best bet for new claws might be trying to find a crafter to make them for you.

Page 227 of 262 FirstFirst ... 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3796
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 13:29
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49