1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 4 days, 6 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 days, 3 hours, 29 minutes
Page 229 of 262 FirstFirst ... 179 219 227 228 229 230 231 239 ... LastLast
Results 4561 to 4580 of 5229
  1. #4561
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I suppose this means a lot of people don't know that you can use those new in-town Aetherpasses to exit the city from any of the new mini-Aetherite Crystals peppered throughout the city (even faster than walking to the chocobo stable -- and no stupid cutscene!).
    Truth be told I haven't had the seals to buy any passes b/c I am lazy and everyone fills up the cooking & fishing stuff up so fast ;;;

  2. #4562
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,215
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    You know +"Attack Magic Potency"? It's that, except it only activates when you crit. (Complete assumption, but given the name...)

    Same assumed association between "Attack Power" and "Crit. Attack Power".
    So do most people gear for it? I've seen some gear for that, others for INT+ Macc or atk potency. There is a staff from new dungeon that gives +125 mcrit, was wondering that or the lightning brand/uldah brand. I pretty don't know most of the gear lol.

  3. #4563
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Chocobo gets you achievements via obtaining it and the full set of barding? Also you can mount your chocobo straight from the stables instead of running outside for the goobbue (which is actually something I learned rather recently and it is now the best thing ever) but the differences are minimal

    also you can name him and the camera isn't fucked when riding a chocobo
    Also forgot to add you can add armor on a chocobo. ATM it's just a visual feature, but that's changing sometime in the future.

  4. #4564
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    So do most people gear for it? I've seen some gear for that, others for INT+ Macc or atk potency. There is a staff from new dungeon that gives +125 mcrit, was wondering that or the lightning brand/uldah brand. I pretty don't know most of the gear lol.
    http://kanican.livejournal.com/56489.html

    Long and short: Magic crit potency is a horrible, terrible stat that you should not sacrifice other valuable stats for. The returns on anything remotely difficult are pitiful and only apply to crits anyway. BLM AF is stupid and SE is stupid for making it that way (not as bad as PLD AF, but still pretty bad). That said, the only piece of BLM AF not worth using is the legs (get gaskins with INT/PIE materia). The hands are useful for the -enm but the new gloves with 9 Matk/Macc are nice as well.

  5. #4565
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    http://kanican.livejournal.com/56489.html

    Long and short: Magic crit potency is a horrible, terrible stat that you should not sacrifice other valuable stats for. The returns on anything remotely difficult are pitiful and only apply to crits anyway. BLM AF is stupid and SE is stupid for making it that way (not as bad as PLD AF, but still pretty bad). That said, the only piece of BLM AF not worth using is the legs (get gaskins with INT/PIE materia). The hands are useful for the -enm but the new gloves with 9 Matk/Macc are nice as well.
    This is pretty much BLM gear in a nutshell. Only AF I wear are the hands/feet. Rest if the felt bliaud(sp) stuff.

  6. #4566
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Do you prefer the Felt INT hat or the Cav hat?

    I've thought about replacing AF with one or the other with an INT attached but I don't really like BLM enough to take up extra inv to replace a perfectly functional (if inferior) piece of AF.

  7. #4567
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,215
    BG Level
    8

    Cool thanks, I figured as much.

  8. #4568
    Kaeko
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,974
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Magic Crit is useful situationally. For instance, if you are trying to time a Flare with 2 other BLMs, you pop Excruciate right before. By the time the Flare goes off, your Crit Rate is essentially 100% for the Flare and every single target (up to 8 targets) will get a Crit. Using Excruciate with timed AoE attacks is probably the most efficient use Magic Crit. That being said, you would be spending a fair amount of $$ on a "situational" set in a game where gear swapping is cumbersome.

  9. #4569
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,103
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I have a crit build and its not for everyday use. It includes the new staff with +120 m.crit atk but I compensate the -m.acc with mushroom stews. You'll probably also need some double melded gear to make up for any lost int/m.acc in other gear slots and strategic use of the Excruciate skill. Only a career blm would/should commit to a crit build.

    Definitely not for high lv NM use but fun with all other aspects of clearing trash mobs with aoe.

    Most blms should just stick to int/m.atk potency and m.acc where applicable.

    Lightning brand with int/m.acc melds
    Felt hat or cav hat with int/m.acc melds
    HQ int jewelery or Black pearl rings for m.acc
    Coral rings only if you're really hurting with m.acc

    Food is your friend. Pastry can add 30+ m.atk and mushroom dishes add valuable m.acc.
    Cheap food from your GC add +15-17 m.atk for a few seals. Good for everyday use.

  10. #4570
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Do you prefer the Felt INT hat or the Cav hat?

    I've thought about replacing AF with one or the other with an INT attached but I don't really like BLM enough to take up extra inv to replace a perfectly functional (if inferior) piece of AF.
    I prefer the Cav hat.

  11. #4571
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Does anyone have a solid up-to-date 8-man (or less) strategy for Lozol Totoloq the Decapitator? We were trying a few things out tonight, mostly WAR-burning it, but even with Steel Cyclone spam, Goobues were fucking people up a bit too fast (not to mention adds constantly going straight to the WHMs). Sleepga lands on everything, but our BLMs were saying it just immediately wears off the Goobues.


    Our only wins consisted of 4 WARs, 3 WHMs, and 1 PLD

    1 WAR took the NM off to the side and solo-tanked it with a dedicated WHM.

    Everyone else worked killed the Ixali adds, then then any wolves the pop afterwards. When that big bum-rush of adds comes through, killed all the Wolves and Ixali we could with Steel Cyclone spam...

    When the Goobues popped, we had the PLD Flash and do what he could to take all remaining adds to solo tank them as long as he could to buy us time while all 4 WARs zerg'd the NM.


    Is this the best option?

  12. #4572
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,945
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    We're gonna check it out this Sunday and I'll post what we do if I remember.

  13. #4573
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    719
    BG Level
    5

    My ls always BLM burned it, pld/GLA tank to hold the main NM, kill the first two waves with the BLM, let them recover to max mp, Then they go all out on the main mob to kill it while the gla flash/rampart/tries top stay alive.

    Works really well.

  14. #4574
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    I haven't gotten around to using any of my guild marks yet but I assume all materia bought with them comes with base stats only?

  15. #4575
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    795
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

    Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I haven't gotten around to using any of my guild marks yet but I assume all materia bought with them comes with base stats only?
    Yes.

  16. #4576
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,198
    BG Level
    7

    Are there enemies weak or strong to piercing, blunt, or slashing in this game?

    I'm leveling archer now mostly for Chameleon and would love to find some vulnerable mobs that I could exploit like I could with Fists of Wind or Fire on pugilist.

  17. #4577
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    679
    BG Level
    5

    Is there anyway I can reset my stats? It seems when I was leveling a few different jobs I put a few of them into wrong points (only like +2/3 max)

  18. #4578
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    No, each job quest line gives an item called "keeper's hymn" which will let you reset stats in the future (wanna say planned for 1.21a but idk).

    They're EX and you can only get a max of 7 (1 from each job quest line).

  19. #4579
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    679
    BG Level
    5

    Is there any quest to increase the number of leves I get per reset or perhaps decrease the timer maybe?

  20. #4580
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Negative, everyone always gets the same allowance at the same time, and caps at 99.

Page 229 of 262 FirstFirst ... 179 219 227 228 229 230 231 239 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3796
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 13:29
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49