1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 5 days, 10 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 23 hours, 10 minutes
Page 231 of 262 FirstFirst ... 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 ... LastLast
Results 4601 to 4620 of 5229
  1. #4601
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,103
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    If you jump back into the game, try to time it to coincide with new patch updates so you can accomplish stuff more easily when the entire server is on the new content bandwagon.

    If you join at odd times, you'll end up stuck with no one to help you with anything (job quests, xp parties, missions) besides LS mates if you have an active one, because they completed it all already.

    Regardless of content or not, if you wanna experience the new content when they are released, you're gonna have to lv a few jobs to 50 so might as well get that out of the way now while the new server merge has just repopulated all servers. Xp parties should be plentiful now and XP rate is extremely fast paced. Even spamming solo leves can easily net you 50k/hr (half a lv @40+)

    The next major update will probably be 1.22 dated to land end of April.

  2. #4602
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Looking at PLD gear (passion project here, I know it's still derpy) what are the BiS pieces sans Darklight at right now?

    Head
    Sentinel's Celata with at least one meld of Manaflight IV would be my assumption for this spot. Next spot down though, I'm not sure on. Does Gallant's compete with a Cobalt Celata with Manaflight IV or not?

    Body
    Sentinel/Cobalt Cuirass looks like it's probably best again with an Bloodthirst Meld, but I can't tell. Does the Enhances Cover on the AF body do enough to beat out the additional Defense, VIT and Block rate gained by Sentinel's/Cobalt?

    Hands
    Sentinel's with Bloodthirst? Gallant doesn't look like it compares even remotely unless the enhancement is great. These are easy and feet are easy enough to get, didn't figure it was worth mentioning Cobalt.

    Legs
    This is a little dicey especially with the Enhances Divine Veil and the upgrade to it today. I'm not sure what the enhancement does, so that's my hang up. Felt Trousers offer the same defense, plus you can meld STR/VIT to them. I'm assuming that is the superior option if the enhancement sucks.

    Feet
    Sentinel's probably here with Bloodthirst is my guess, but I'm not positive. Not sure if the Block Rate on Gallant's makes up for two less DEF, 70~90 less HP, and 8 less enmity.

  3. #4603
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,945
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Pretty much anything but PLD AF is BiS!

  4. #4604
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    So... DRG Gear Evaluation

    MAIN: Ifrit Lance
    HEAD: Paragon's Crown
    BODY: Cobalt Haubergeon (Debating if I want my Crit. Materia or go with PIE)
    HANDS: AF (Until I can double meld Attack)
    LEGS: AF
    FEET: AF? (On the fence between these or Cobalt)
    WAIST: Penace
    EAR: Nothing good ATM
    NECK: Electrum Gorget
    WRIST: Raptorskin Wristbands (Need to get that STR wrist band)
    RINGS: 2x Rubelite (Debating on 2 of these or 2 electrum rings)

  5. #4605
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

    There's a +5ACC 2STR belt from aurum vale (first/second chest I think, or you can just buy it) which is certainly better than Penance. I don't know if that's the optimal choice though.

  6. #4606
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Yeah, it's pretty inexpensive from what I've seen. Veteran's Field Belt, it would be my choice unless going for a crit build (Explorer's Belt).

  7. #4607
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Totally forgot about that belt. Not paying over a mil for explorer's earring though. +5 ATK isn't worth that kind of price.

  8. #4608
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Bleh, what's the macro command to enable job mode? Also, is it required to have a /wait before and after that command?

  9. #4609
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,945
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    /job on

    you should use a wait after it because the animation locks up the macro for 2-3s

  10. #4610
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    763
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Flame Sergeant's Sash is a good choice too if you joined Ul'dah.

  11. #4611
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    853
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    SE left my character on the old server and I can't log in. So yea paying for a character I can't even play. Anyone else have this problem? Or ideas on how to get them to fix it.




  12. #4612
    F5 Like A Boss.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,396
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

    Make a forum post on the official forums and contact support.

  13. #4613
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8
    BG Level
    0
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    For pld gear, I would say:

    head: af
    body: cobalt +1 / sentinel
    hands: af
    legs: felt trousers unless enhancement is something useful
    feet: sentinel hands down

    Of course, gear may change. I try to cast holy succor whenever I can, so af head (healing potency, mnd) and af hands (holy succor +10%) are a better choice for me. If you dont use holy succor that much, you may want sentinel with x2 hp materia or manaflight.

  14. #4614
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,324
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    So... DRG Gear Evaluation

    MAIN: Ifrit Lance
    HEAD: Paragon's Crown
    BODY: Cobalt Haubergeon (Debating if I want my Crit. Materia or go with PIE)
    HANDS: AF (Until I can double meld Attack)
    LEGS: AF
    FEET: AF? (On the fence between these or Cobalt)
    WAIST: Penace
    EAR: Nothing good ATM
    NECK: Electrum Gorget
    WRIST: Raptorskin Wristbands (Need to get that STR wrist band)
    RINGS: 2x Rubelite (Debating on 2 of these or 2 electrum rings)
    Harpoon
    Paragon's
    Cobalt with PTY
    Cobalt Mitt Gauntlets with x2 STR or Fingerless Raptorskin with x2 ATK or Felt Bracers with x2 ACC
    AF or Felt Trousers with x2 STR/DEX
    Cobalt Sollerets
    Flame Sergeant's Sash
    Black Pearl Earrings / Peach Blossom / Explorer's Earrings
    Electrum Gorget
    Rubelite Bracelets
    Electrum Ring x2

    You need about 440-460 base ACC to reach 98%+ hitrate on Myrmidon Princess/Marshal. Not sure about other bosses.

  15. #4615
    DDj
    DDj is offline
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    34
    BG Level
    1
    FFXIV Character
    Wearl Ddj
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    SE left my character on the old server and I can't log in. So yea paying for a character I can't even play. Anyone else have this problem? Or ideas on how to get them to fix it.
    Same problem here, contacted live chat support and they thought they had fixed it but still same issue then they just told me to keep trying >.>

  16. #4616
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    Harpoon
    Paragon's
    Cobalt with PTY
    Cobalt Mitt Gauntlets with x2 STR or Fingerless Raptorskin with x2 ATK or Felt Bracers with x2 ACC
    AF or Felt Trousers with x2 STR/DEX
    Cobalt Sollerets
    Flame Sergeant's Sash
    Black Pearl Earrings / Peach Blossom / Explorer's Earrings
    Electrum Gorget
    Rubelite Bracelets
    Electrum Ring x2

    You need about 440-460 base ACC to reach 98%+ hitrate on Myrmidon Princess/Marshal. Not sure about other bosses.
    Thanks a ton. I'll look into this stuff later when I get home.

    Speaking of DRG, how well does it do in the Vale/Cutters? Haven't found a LS on Aegis yet, but kind of curious about the dungeons.

  17. #4617
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    853
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by DDj View Post
    Same problem here, contacted live chat support and they thought they had fixed it but still same issue then they just told me to keep trying >.>
    I sent them an email on their support page and they sent me an auto response back about 12 hours later saying wait up to 48 hours to get a response from them. This is the first time I had to deal with SE's bad customer service, never had to deal with them before and I played FFXI since launch. Guess the stories about their bad CS is true.

  18. #4618
    Kaeko
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,974
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Thanks a ton. I'll look into this stuff later when I get home.

    Speaking of DRG, how well does it do in the Vale/Cutters? Haven't found a LS on Aegis yet, but kind of curious about the dungeons.
    Sent you a PM if you need help finding LSs. I think MNK is the 'sexier' DD this patch but DRG does really well too imo. Better hate reset moves. MNK gets hate too easily when maxed out anyways.

  19. #4619
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Is there any way to adjust the volume during a cutscene? I tried to watch the Mor Dohna CS for Future's Perfect and I can hardly hear the audio when the NPCs talk.

  20. #4620
    Daniel Rand
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,142
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    what are the best stats for point allocation for drg/lnc?

Page 231 of 262 FirstFirst ... 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3796
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 13:29
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49