1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 9 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 0 hours, 44 minutes
Page 234 of 262 FirstFirst ... 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 ... LastLast
Results 4661 to 4680 of 5229
  1. #4661
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    I wish variations of a single item were selected via sub-menus of the base item.

    I'm tired of scrolling through the 15 variations of multiple items to find the one I'm looking for.

    http://www.mooglebox.com/includes/in...earch=felt+hat


    edit: wait, this isn't the random complaint thread.

  2. #4662
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    229
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Spirestone

    Is there a cap on the amount of HP you can get from materia? I've been hearing something like you can only get 280 HP max.

  3. #4663
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    That was an old number given during materia's development (and before they increased everyone's max HP). If there is a cap, it's relatively high and I've yet to hear what it is. You can exceed 280HP from materia.

  4. #4664
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,411
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    what does it mean when your exp bar outline for rested is red?

  5. #4665
    But I don't want my title changed
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,486
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    what does it mean when your exp bar outline for rested is red?
    Rested goes into the next level.

  6. #4666
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    It means that it extends past your current level and will last at least into your next.

    edit: beated

  7. #4667
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    245
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Already Banned
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    What mending should I be using as warrior tank?

  8. #4668
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    454
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    What mending should I be using as warrior tank?
    Depends what you're tanking, but generally HP is a pretty safe bet. Most tanks in my LS use a mix of HP in most slots with ACC hands.

  9. #4669
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    679
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    what does it mean when your exp bar outline for rested is red?
    God I hate being 'that noob guy' who asks the easy questions but can someone briefly explain the rested xp in FFXIV? I played wow so I'm familiar with similar systems.

  10. #4670
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,850
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    It's basically the same, you just need to log out in one of the Inn Rooms to get rested exp when not playing.

  11. #4671
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    To be more detailed, you get a +50% exp bonus for all normal exp (basically anything except quest/leve completion exp) until your rested bonus is all used up. Gaining exp while on a Lv50 job will not deplete your rested exp.

  12. #4672
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,411
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    I have decided all rested exp shall henceforth be used for crafting. >.>

  13. #4673
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    219
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    what accessory/jewelry setup do people use on war for tank and dps at 50? Trying to figure out what I need for it as I'm approaching 50 (x_x)

  14. #4674
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    I started to post a list, then I just realized that it was essentially a list of everything a common-sense WAR would ever put on. So i'll just say what I wear (and what I would wear if I wanted to spend money).

    Ear: Black Pearl Earrings (if I wanted to spend money, I'd use Stonewall Earrings)
    Neck: Electrum Gorget (if I wanted to spend money, I'd use Explorer's Choker)
    Wrist: Raptorskin Wristbands (I don't think the Coral Armillae are better than this, but I could be wrong)
    Rings: Amber Ring + Electrum Ring (it's probably smarter to use dual Electrum Rings)

    I'm no pro at anything, so I defer to better judgement, but there are so few accessories to choose from that I don't really think you can go wrong. Personally, I'd use the same setup for both pure DPS and tanking, since when you're tanking you're still relying on your damage to keep hate.

  15. #4675
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    STR and VIT rings help. You can hit damage cap pretty easily on VIT with rings, but I'm sure the extra VIT helps when tanking too. If you really care about DD you could switch for STR when you go over damage cap for VIT.

    Electrum Gorget +1 will be great for any melee DD job, especially since WAR uses damage to keep hate as well.

    Stonewall (tanking), Explorer's (DD) or Black Pearl if you don't have either.

    I use enmity for wrists, but I'm not exactly sure how effective it is point for point, but WAR gets a good deal of enmity gear so stacking it just makes your job easier. 50 HP can be the difference between life and death though, so I guess it really depends on how confident you are at tanking and how much you trust your team.

  16. #4676
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    I remember someone throwing out +/-1 enm = +/-0.1% a while ago during a similar discussion where wrist options came up but I couldn't get a reference for the claim.

    I'd really like to know if there has been any actual testing on enmity gear because if that claim is true, it's worthless.

    That said, this is SE, and therefore entirely possible.

  17. #4677
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    547
    BG Level
    5

    Hmm.

    Re-subbed a couple weeks ago, but only in the past 4-5 days have I really played it a lot. Surprisingly fun.

  18. #4678
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Where was the guy to get the goobbue mount at again?

  19. #4679
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Wandering Minstrel at Red Rooster Stead (Eastern La Noscea 36,25). He's the bard that looks like Yoshi-P, standing by the fire.

  20. #4680
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    229
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Spirestone

    Does a failed gathering attempt count towards total for achievements?

Page 234 of 262 FirstFirst ... 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3796
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 13:29
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49