That actually does make sense, I always kill those two because they interrupt my trying to grab the cell there.
That actually does make sense, I always kill those two because they interrupt my trying to grab the cell there.
Yeah it's definitely those bombs. I thought it was chigoes for the longest time, but when my friend and I added my wife to our farming group we consistently missed it since I was grabbing that cell and never killed the bombs. I was later told about the bombs and then found out he never killed any of the third set of chigoes. Haven't missed a chest since.
How do people perform PL'ing now?
1. Have a group of people together who will be receiving the exp and have one person dedicated to kicking/inviting. The group cannot have a level difference greater than 10 or the lowest person will not receive exp. The closer the levels the faster it goes for everyone.
2. The PLer will gather up all the enemies then use an ability to claim them all to the party
3. Kicker/Inviter, kicks the PLer
4. PLer kills all the mobs
5. Rinse and repeat
6. At 40 grab a couple of 50s and go get gnarly exp in a stronghold party and/or this new Live event (will end at some point so it's going to be reliable way to level).
7. While getting PLed from 41-50 Spiritbond as much gear as you can so you can get some materia to sell to get a decent stockpile of money.
From 1-30 I preferred Apkallu camp East of Camp Glory at (55,29). From 30-40 I did Fomor things in Copperbell Mines at (6,3). If you have a dedicated PLer you can hit all jobs to 40 in about 2-3 days barring neither of you have any kind of commitment.
For Apkallu camp there is a very small cove the party should stand in on the S wall. The PLer will drag the monsters just N of that cove; should net between chain 10~13. For Copperbell Mines have the people getting PLed to toggle wall, enter the room and walk up the ramp and to the back and don't move. If you have a WHM you can cast SS/Protect as a safeguard against any oopsidents. PLer should face enemies away from the group and burn them down; should net between chain 9~11.
Happy hunting.
Was actually just looking to help friends that came back, but that will be helpful, thanks.
Idk if this is the right place to ask, if it should be in crafting feel free to move!
With the DOL jobs, how do the stats affect them? Eg botany whos main stats are meant to be STR and INT, does one boost main hand and other off hand? If so which way round is it, guessing int would be main and str off as my int seems to be highest
For DoL, the magical stats (INT/MND/PIE) help get multiples of the same item. Physical stats (STR/DEX/VIT) help the target point you are aiming for be more consistent.
This thread is fine for those kind of questions, but there's also a miner class discussion thread that's got a bunch of good info you can go through.
Is there any sort of method to the madness of getting a retainer in Ul'Dah?
The one effect I've seen of the merge thus far has been that it perma-capped the wards. I see there's a link to the other two cities but no one actually searches them right?
I'm told that if you buy everything a retainer is selling that it'll disappear. I haven't tried it myself, but that could be a way. There's probably a number of retainers not selling too much expensive stuff. Otherwise, people will just tell you to use the stands, or check back periodically.
Pretty sure they have to be empty for 7 days.
Well that's dumb. Empty or not, they'll despawn after 7 days of inactivity.
Retainers called at stands in otherwise full wards have the tendency to despawn randomly as well.
So I know about this thing you can do with the battle system Hamlet that lets you recover anima or something... but how does it work exactly? And what would be the most efficient way to go about it? Is it something you can only do every so often or just as long as you have the items?
I just want my anima back! It's addictive...
There are imperials attacking outside each city, near first Camps.
Ah I didn't realize that was an event.