1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 7 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 2 hours, 37 minutes
Page 255 of 262 FirstFirst ... 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 ... LastLast
Results 5081 to 5100 of 5229
  1. #5081
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    I realize stands only last 24 hrs which is what I thought was happening at first until I did /clock and took an SS every time I renewed the lease, they would be gone long before it was up.

    It's just something that happens when you call them in full wards.

  2. #5082
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    25
    BG Level
    1

    Skimmed the thread, didn't see the question so my apologies if it's already been covered..
    To qualify for the legacy discount you have to subscribe for three months straight or 3 months spaced out since billing started?

  3. #5083
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    84
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Lol damn Just gotta spam the wards to get your retainer up. Oh AH where are you!!!!

  4. #5084
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Quote Originally Posted by Swag View Post
    Skimmed the thread, didn't see the question so my apologies if it's already been covered..
    To qualify for the legacy discount you have to subscribe for three months straight or 3 months spaced out since billing started?
    Cumulative, not consecutive, so the 3 months can be interspersed if you like.

  5. #5085
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Horus View Post
    Lol damn Just gotta spam the wards to get your retainer up. Oh AH where are you!!!!
    I managed to get a retainer up in the jeweler's ward not long after the merge and I haven't dared to move that bitch since.

  6. #5086
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Make sure you manage it at last once every seven days!

  7. #5087
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    25
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Cumulative, not consecutive, so the 3 months can be interspersed if you like.
    Thanks!

  8. #5088
    I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    682
    BG Level
    5

    So what would be the easiest way to farm anima then? Leveling a DotL job to a good enough level to gather the x10 items?

    What would someone suggest?

  9. #5089
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Purely easiest way would be to just them from the markets.

    I still don't know why people need more anima than is available, but I suppose I'm in no way a hardcore player.

  10. #5090
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    202
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Any decent leveling guides out there, with camps and stuff? Can't find any.

  11. #5091
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    DoW/M: Powerleveling > Parties > Leves > Solo grind; in order of fastest > slowest exp. Don't forget that there is also a seek function. Though, because of its unintuitive nature, many people don't use it. You may have the best luck getting parties by shouting or watching for shouts in Ul'dah. Solo grinding is a last resort if you happen to be out of leves. Getting powerleveled is technically the fastest, but it's boring as hell.

    You can get exp here and there from quests, but the only repeatable quests are those that involve the primals (which requires you to be at max level on at least one job). I generally throw my exp from those quests onto DoH jobs.

    As far as camps go... Mooglebox supposedly has some data filled in, but I don't use it. People just can't figure stuff out for themselves these days; don't know why everyone needs a guide for everything.

    DoH: Do leves or find appropriate grinding recipes.

    DoL: Do leves or grind in the appropriate grade zones for your level.

  12. #5092
    I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    682
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Purely easiest way would be to just them from the markets.

    I still don't know why people need more anima than is available, but I suppose I'm in no way a hardcore player.
    So you mean like, buying materia-melded weapons from the markets?

    I've been needing to teleport a lot since I've been doin' a lot of quests. Maybe it'll get less painful when I finish 'em all, haha. Plus I get lazy.

    Speaking of quests, on the subject of Grand Companies... what would be the best items to buy with the excess seals from the other two companies before tying the knot with one? I heard you lose all the seals from the other Grand Companies after you join one. Was thinking of stocking up on those crafting/gathering EXP guides, unless there's something more useful to stock up on?

  13. #5093
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Quote Originally Posted by Rionel View Post
    So you mean like, buying materia-melded weapons from the markets?
    I could be misunderstanding your question, but I just meant buy the DoL gathered junk you can turn in. Supple Spruce Branch, Kidney Ore, and Young Indigo Herring. The DoH items are also buyable on the markets (under Tinkerers Ward > Miscellany, I think? Anything named "Militia [something]"). I can't say which ones are more money-efficient. Heck, I don't even know how much anima you get for different things. You could buy multi-melded stuff if you wanted to, but I highly doubt that'll cost less money than the other options.

    Crafting/Gathering manuals are u/u (rare/ex) so you can only hold one at a time. I spent my seals on a bunch of those (I was in no hurry to lock in, so I spent a day or two eating up the seals). Depending on which company you are throwing away seals for, I would also reccommend any of the following things if they interest you:
    • Ul'dahn Jerkin (excellent well-rounded all-DoH Lv25 body)
    • Gridanian Doublet (Lv25 all-DoL body with most Output you can get on a body until Lv38)
    • Ul'dahn Chausses (excellent well-rounded all-DoH Lv30 legs)
    • Ul'dahn Culottes (excellent well-rounded all-DoL Lv30 legs)

    There are other good items, but I tend to focus on the items that I can use across a wide range of classes. Most of the mid-level DoH items from the companies are pigeonholed into just a few classes.

  14. #5094
    I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    682
    BG Level
    5

    That's a really detailed, awesome response. Thanks a lot for the advice man.

    Heh, I figured buying them would be easiest, though how often they're up for sale can be another issue of course.

    I haven't touched the Hand or Land jobs yet at all (WHM is my only Lv50 job), but it'll probably be in my best interest to work on 'em for materia melding and some general gil making perhaps. Gil is definitely an issue at the moment as well...

  15. #5095
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,103
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    You may not like playing other classes but its in your best interest to dabble in them when the oppertunity arrives to lv them. Even at the slow pace of 1-2 lvs gained per day (thru solo leves) will net you a lv 50 in a month (and its good money). Try to atleast get some classes to 25+ where shout parties are a bit more common to find.

    DoH jobs you can jump on every now and then to lv during downtime. You'll get them up eventually.
    DoL takes another kind of dedication to lv so if that doesn't interest you, not a hugh loss.

    I know a lot of people who only have whm lved and refuses to lv anything else and complains that there is nothing for them to do.

  16. #5096
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    There's this guy, see, who has been fishing like all weekend, and well, what I'm concerned about is the fact when he reels in his catch and does the ever-so-cute-but-very-time-consuming-motion of catching the fish in the palm of his hand, it makes a radically different noise than anyone else's escbvtcmoctfitpofhh. And this dissenting, different noise irks me and I can't figure out why he's special. Is it because he's naked and only wearing a pirate hat?

    (The only difference I can account for is that he's NOT fishing at a school, but neither are any of these other bots and they aren't making the weird noise)

  17. #5097
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,197
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    So... I've been otherwise away from the game since 1.21. Unlocked and finished almost all of the jobs, did a couple dry runs of Cutter's, but otherwise lost steam and disappeared until now. How has content been since 1.21?

    Also as a side note if anyone on Balmung / formerly Fabul remembers me, looking to see if I can track down former shellmates. I would check on Lode forums but I'm currently reinstalling and can't post since I've been offline for over 30 days

  18. #5098
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,103
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    If you've played 1.21, there isnt much of a difference except Garuda, which if you have a good static with LS mates, will be fun and challenging. The difficulty of skill and communication required to survive and defeat her requires everyone to know wtf is going on. Otherwise not worth doing with PUGs.

    There is also Hamlet, kinda like a mini beastmen raid on those smaller towns that help to refill anima as a reward. Can get 30 anima per win on a Level 2 invasion.

    Cant remember if it was 1.21 or 1.22 when they changed the crafting system, but if it was 1.22 and you dabble in the arts, thats a new system to learn.

    I think they are done with any major changes to the system til 2.0. 1.23 will just be another primal-type fight with Legatus White. E3 just around the corner to introduce the future that is 2.0.

  19. #5099
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    84
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    If I see ya on Ill help ya out Seravi. You know Molly Millions is always taking in members. My end-game shell Seven is playing D3 atm.

  20. #5100
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I feel stupid for not being able to find this on my own. Does anyone know where I can pull some decent size in game maps that are unmarked? I'd prefer something like 1280x720, but really larger resolution is fine as long as I can make some edits on it.

Page 255 of 262 FirstFirst ... 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3796
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 13:29
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49