1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 4 days, 7 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 days, 2 hours, 35 minutes
Page 256 of 262 FirstFirst ... 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 ... LastLast
Results 5101 to 5120 of 5229
  1. #5101
    Bard-turned-Miner
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,649
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    I feel stupid for not being able to find this on my own. Does anyone know where I can pull some decent size in game maps that are unmarked? I'd prefer something like 1280x720, but really larger resolution is fine as long as I can make some edits on it.
    I bookmarked this during beta. My guess is nothing has changed, but I don't know if all the maps got posted or if some are missing.

  2. #5102
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Don't see any of the dungeon maps, which would make sense if it hasn't been updated since Beta. Thanks for that link though, I'll definitely have to bookmark it.

  3. #5103
    I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    682
    BG Level
    5

    Is it true that the condition a piece of equipment is in affects how good of a materia you get? So like, something at 100% condition will have better chance of being a more higher tier materia than something at 50%?

  4. #5104
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    No. It was stated in some interview (not going to look for it) directly from the mouth of Yoshida that the condition of your gear in no way affects the materia yield.

  5. #5105
    I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    682
    BG Level
    5

    Thank you Raldo, well of knowledge. @_@

  6. #5106
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    300
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I'm having a real problem with FFXIV when it comes to updating. I just can't seem to get any remote connections at all. Someone in my LS said I had to configure my router to allow for port forwarding on it. But my router is asking for... "Protocol" "Port Range" "Translate to" "Trigger Protocol" "Trigger Port" for FFXIV before I can do that. Any experience?

  7. #5107
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    There's this guy, see, who has been fishing like all weekend, and well, what I'm concerned about is the fact when he reels in his catch and does the ever-so-cute-but-very-time-consuming-motion of catching the fish in the palm of his hand, it makes a radically different noise than anyone else's escbvtcmoctfitpofhh. And this dissenting, different noise irks me and I can't figure out why he's special. Is it because he's naked and only wearing a pirate hat?

    (The only difference I can account for is that he's NOT fishing at a school, but neither are any of these other bots and they aren't making the weird noise)
    I noticed the same thing regarding a few of the people fishing around me when I'm at Bald Knoll. At the time, I assumed it was a different sound from maybe fishing up catalysts since I never go after those. I'm still bewildered at what it is.

    This noise CONFUSES AND ANGERS ME.

  8. #5108
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Not a fisher, but different bait = different sounds? idk.

  9. #5109
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,197
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    I know the "easy fish" and "difficult fish" reel animations play a slightly different sound, is that what you mean?
    Easy fish being when you just flick your rod up and catch (*ka-ching*), difficult being when you reel in a bit dramatically before pulling up (*chunk*).

  10. #5110
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    No to both of those '~'

  11. #5111
    PUP Power!
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,040
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quick question all:

    Does a Gridanian shield (the mag accuracy +10 shield) count as serpent gear for set bonuses?

  12. #5112
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    I asked a similar question and was told all GC gear counts, doesn't need to have to have "serpent" in the name.

  13. #5113
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    I would like to know if Patriot wrist/neck counts, but since it's the same piece for every GC (and can be bought from the QQ npcs) I'd assume it doesn't.

  14. #5114
    Chram
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,759
    BG Level
    7

    Just booted this up again for the Welcome back campaign. Brand new rig; i7 2600k, 570gtx, 8gb of DDR3 RAM, SSD; game runs worse than my q6600 pc... what gives?

  15. #5115
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    You have either have setttings tapped out (which you can't do with that setup; I know because it's identical to mine) or you have one those features they need to remove like Ambient Occlusion/Depth of Field. Just set everything to high and 4AA I think is what I run at.

  16. #5116
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    84
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Quick question all:

    Does a Gridanian shield (the mag accuracy +10 shield) count as serpent gear for set bonuses?
    Yes.

  17. #5117
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    325
    BG Level
    4

    is there any reason to play thm over blm? (i mean, except in cases where you still need raise, like pickup groups and noobs)

    i just did a vanya robe and im thinking if its worth to keep it or just sell it since its going for over 3m right now.

  18. #5118
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Only real time I found THM being more useful than BLM is for Ifrit.

  19. #5119
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    454
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    I like to play THM for instance runs, as the AoE Sanguine Rite is nice for some situations, and you don't need the extra spells from BLM on all of your nukers. It's pretty trivial though, and certainly not something you need a Vanya Robe for.

  20. #5120
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    763
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Other than the camp west of Bloodshore, are there any other locations to farm snurbles?

Page 256 of 262 FirstFirst ... 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3796
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 13:29
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49