1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 7 hours, 14 minutes
Page 48 of 262 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 5229
  1. #941
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    44
    BG Level
    1

    Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it via search:

    Can you use traits/abilities purchased via guildmarks even if you are not the optimal rank for the skill? More specifically, can I buy "Firm Conviction" (THM skill) and use it even if I'm not level 30 (it's optimal rank)? And can I use it on a different class (like CON)?

    Thanks.

  2. #942
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    514
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Magos View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it via search:

    Can you use traits/abilities purchased via guildmarks even if you are not the optimal rank for the skill? More specifically, can I buy "Firm Conviction" (THM skill) and use it even if I'm not level 30 (it's optimal rank)? And can I use it on a different class (like CON)?

    Thanks.
    I got a trait for Archer and it says all classes. You don't need to be the optimal rank but I believe you do need to hit some checkpoint (either level 21 or the class quest or something) to unlock the lv30 abilities.

  3. #943
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    I think it goes:

    6000 marks, you can buy any time.
    8000 marks, you can buy after 20 quest.
    10000 marks, you can buy after 30 quest.

    and so on.

  4. #944
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    45
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    So how do you exactly get the level 20 class quest? I'm 23 weaver and no one in the weaver guild is giving me any quest.

  5. #945
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    Anybody having problems setting abilities? In the last hours I've been getting a glitch where when i go to set one I get a blank screen and it says it is set. but I can't use any skills now. Leves just reset and I can't do shit cause I can't set an abilities now.

  6. #946
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayarel View Post
    So how do you exactly get the level 20 class quest? I'm 23 weaver and no one in the weaver guild is giving me any quest.


    Make sure you are up to date with the main scenario quest

  7. #947
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    You just need the previous main storyline quest from what I've seen.

    e.g. When you hit Rank-20, you need the Rank-15 mission done in order to get your first class-quest.

  8. #948
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    883
    BG Level
    5

    Can you equip a tier I and II version of an ability or weaponskill at the same time? Do they share a timer?

  9. #949
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I know all the tiers of Dowse, Gulleye, Triangulate, Arbor Call, etc. share the same timer. I think the signs point to yes as some of the tier-II weaponskills have the additional effect of incapacitating.

  10. #950
    Chram
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,759
    BG Level
    7

    Hmm... so I take it I have to take a week off of this game to actually regen my anima back? Down to 14 anima... pretty lame =(

  11. #951
    Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,049
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Hmm... so I take it I have to take a week off of this game to actually regen my anima back? Down to 14 anima... pretty lame =(
    Or get a second account. I'm really considering as it would save so much time. Not to mention you could bazaar stuff off it while you play your main, which will be useful until they add search function.

  12. #952
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,282
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

    Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Hmm... so I take it I have to take a week off of this game to actually regen my anima back? Down to 14 anima... pretty lame =(
    Shut up you nub! You are just being lazy! Besides, travel should be HARD because the game is only good if travel is HARD! >

  13. #953
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    567
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

    Quote Originally Posted by Meko View Post
    Shut up you nub! You are just being lazy! Besides, travel should be HARD because the game is only good if travel is HARD! >
    No one agrees with this so your sarcasm fails.

  14. #954
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Anima regen has it's issues... but lern 2 b frugals... and make friends who can share teleports.

  15. #955
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    293
    BG Level
    4

    Recent Group Skill Point / Experience Point distribution adjustment

    Has anyone figured out if the recent adjustment indeed applied only to Experience Points (for Physical level) or if it fixed some Skill Point gains?

  16. #956
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Its XP only.

  17. #957
    Chram
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,759
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Meko View Post
    Shut up you nub! You are just being lazy! Besides, travel should be HARD because the game is only good if travel is HARD! >
    Oh ya, I keep forgetting about my chocobo license and airship pass.... OH WAI

  18. #958
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,841
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by CasualPlayer View Post
    No one agrees with this so your sarcasm fails.
    except the people who said it

    if you're going to be a white knight you should at least get to know the party platform

  19. #959
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    566
    BG Level
    5

    Why cannot I turn off the sound effects in config? Every other volume I can turn off but even with sound effects all the way down they are still on...

  20. #960
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    325
    BG Level
    4

    how can i equip 4 rings? i keep seeing ppl wearing 4 but i can only equip 2.

Page 48 of 262 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3796
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 13:29
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49