1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 28 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 23 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 days, 10 hours, 28 minutes
Page 50 of 262 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1000 of 5229
  1. #981
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,436
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Having something so intrinsic to gameplay be completely random fucking sucks and you know it.

  2. #982
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,324
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by goodr View Post
    Randomly tried Parley in Uldah tonight with a tin ore. Despite winning four times by a large margin, I got no additional ore. I triple checked. After winning the first time, I tossed an extra item into my retainer to ensure I had inventory space.

    Has anyone *gained* anything doing parley with the npcs?
    Parley is used in particular class quests as well as storyline quests.

  3. #983
    Ninja Ninja
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,672
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    So what's up with the weapon duration thing? I remember in the open beta that I made it to Rank 5 Archer / Physical 6 and there was barely any wear on my weathered bow / armor. Is it just later on gear that gets damaged so quick or did they up damage rates?

  4. #984
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    Damage rates are way too high. I do a lot of crafting naked due to it being a pain getting repairs. I only wear gear when it's a tough synth. If you're doing synths below your level (or attacking mobs below your level) it should wear slower. Or maybe it does and I haven't noticed.

    Additionally I think it should be possible to repair gear people are wearing. I don't want to have to put gear in bazaar and not be able to use it. Of course it makes sense to have to remove it, but games don't need to be 100% realistic. Especially considering in reality you don't need to repair a pair of shoes or any clothing/armour every day.

  5. #985
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooom View Post
    Having something so intrinsic to gameplay be completely random fucking sucks and you know it.
    All marks are random, some people get lots others get none. Seeing whether you'll get marks or not doesn't make it less random. You probably get more out of locals because you get gil rewards, raw mats, processed mats (if approval over 100), recipes and possible marks.

  6. #986
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    So yesterday I found that those radiant element moraines break clusters as well as crystals. Question is, how many crystals does a cluster break into?

  7. #987
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    60
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    So yesterday I found that those radiant element moraines break clusters as well as crystals. Question is, how many crystals does a cluster break into?
    Not sure if radiants work, but I think regular moraines are 1 cluster > 24 crystals. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a version using radiants for more, just like with the crystal > shard breakdown synths.

  8. #988
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    Radiants definitely work. I was going to break a crystal with one for fun yesterday to see if my 16 ALC could do it, but when I saw it could break clusters too I thought I'd keep it. Pretty sure a radiant gives 32 shards on a crystal break, so maybe 32 crystals for a cluster if the regular moraines give 24. I imagine these require high ALC skill, probably high 20s.

  9. #989
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    60
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Radiants definitely work. I was going to break a crystal with one for fun yesterday to see if my 16 ALC could do it, but when I saw it could break clusters too I thought I'd keep it. Pretty sure a radiant gives 32 shards on a crystal break, so maybe 32 crystals for a cluster if the regular moraines give 24. I imagine these require high ALC skill, probably high 20s.
    Yeah, I'm an idiot, I distinctly remember seeing that every single time I've done a radiant crystal > shard synth, not sure why I wasn't recalling that xD

    I've seen reports of the regular moraine cluster breakdown being 21, I'll have to give em a try when I get up a few levels.

  10. #990
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,436
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Seeing whether you'll get marks or not doesn't make it less random.
    But at least with regional leves I can see if I'll get marks before taking the leve on. Not having that info on local leves is totally stupid.

  11. #991
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,453
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    I picked a faction leve before the reset yesterday planning to do it with friends, but ended up getting busy and forgetting. Now when I check my journal my faction leve isn't listed anymore. Do you lose leves if you don't use them before the reset or do I just need to run to the camp and it will be there?
    Yeah this happened to me as well. I don't recall normal leves being reset, but yeah my faction leve was lost when I forgot to do it.

  12. #992
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    289
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Okay, this is going to sound like I've been smoking some pretty strong stuff or eaten mushrooms etc, but bear with me.

    Is anyone else having these weird black objects show up after the synth success/failure flash? It goes like this, when the colored flash happens and disappears shortly after, there will be weird transparent, sharp objects, like shadow kind of things on the screen for a short period of time and after that they disappear as well, like they're part of the flash animation, but they look really annoying to my eyes at least. I've only seen them today after putting AA to the max. Also saw same kind of graphical glitch, if this can be called that, in the smoke thats rising towards the sky from the openings in the tentroofs in camp black brush, when the smoke hits the three branches that are above the tent, a weird, dark, transparent grid-like thing shows up for a few seconds..

    Of course you're wondering, why the fuck I just didn't post a screenie from this kind of problem, but I took like 50 screenies from those "bugs" and they didn't show up in any of those. I stood in one exact spot looking at the bugged smoke and took screenies, there I had two images on top of each other open at the same time, the screenie and the game itself, but even if the glitch was there in the game, it didn't pop in the screenshot, I mean, what the fuck is this? Is there any setting in the config that could help me get rid of this, or is my GPU up to something queer? It's just disturbs me that it doesn't show up in the fucking screenies, I don't understand this shit.

  13. #993
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18
    BG Level
    1
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Radiants definitely work. I was going to break a crystal with one for fun yesterday to see if my 16 ALC could do it, but when I saw it could break clusters too I thought I'd keep it. Pretty sure a radiant gives 32 shards on a crystal break, so maybe 32 crystals for a cluster if the regular moraines give 24. I imagine these require high ALC skill, probably high 20s.
    Wouldn't let me try to break a fire cluster + radiant @27, gonna assume it will @30.

  14. #994
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    While on the subject of shards/crystals, anyone notice the post today about the 999 limit? It sounds good to me. I wonder if they're going to let us keep multiple stacks or increase stack limit.

  15. #995
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    You can hold I think 4 stacks of 999 if you're fucking around and moving them to the 4 possible locations (inventory, bazaar, retainer, retainer bazaar).

  16. #996
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Sounds like a fix is coming. Since there's no "official" inventory slot limit for the crystals/shards section, perhaps they'll let people hold multiple stacks there. In hindsight, it probably wasn't a good idea to have a max of 999 when many skillup recipes call for as many as 11 shards a pop, giving out around 250 xp a completion, when the TNL for that rank is 11,000.

  17. #997
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    You can hold I think 4 stacks of 999 if you're fucking around and moving them to the 4 possible locations (inventory, bazaar, retainer, retainer bazaar).
    I actually think you can hold 10 stacks in the bazaar, someone in my LS said they saw a guy with 4k earth shards in his bazaar once. But it's good that they're going to change it so that you don't have to do this kind of thing. I currently have about 2500 fire shards. Not going to risk the multiple bazaar stacks though.

  18. #998
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I guess that would make sense. So you're limited to holding like 22,000 of one type of crystal :3

  19. #999
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    I wonder how many "reserve" slots they have in the shard/crystal section, since there's no indicator of inventory space there, just like with the currency section.

  20. #1000
    Feline Fascism
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    200
    BG Level
    4

    What causes a ladybug's spoil to fail?

Page 50 of 262 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3796
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 13:29
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49