1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 5 days, 10 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 23 hours, 36 minutes
Page 72 of 262 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 ... LastLast
Results 1421 to 1440 of 5229
  1. #1421
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    293
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I hate doing it, but I've run my armor into the red and decided not to repair it because a) I don't feel like removing it from my body to request repairs, b) npc repair costs for rank 25+ gear is insane, and c) I'm seeing no negative effect on my crafting/gathering from unless my actual skillet/fishing rod is what wears down. Problem is, since I'm already in Heavy Gear Damage, I can't see when my tool finally starts breaking.
    Mioko, do you get streaks of casts that go from "full" (~80%, whatever the starting value is) to empty immediately on the first or second jig?

    I ask because it's like an annoying tick that questions my sanity about repairing or not repairing. I was also under the assumption that not repairing crafting/gathering gear doesn't have any impact, but seeing a streak of lost fish tick me off when I'm r25-27 fishing at a grade 2 spot.

  2. #1422
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Rammses View Post
    http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/4748/tapalost.png

    ? That should be safe.

    Ignore everything but the hand-drawn line obviously.
    thx lol

  3. #1423
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by goodr View Post
    Mioko, do you get streaks of casts that go from "full" (~80%, whatever the starting value is) to empty immediately on the first or second jig?

    I ask because it's like an annoying tick that questions my sanity about repairing or not repairing. I was also under the assumption that not repairing crafting/gathering gear doesn't have any impact, but seeing a streak of lost fish tick me off when I'm r25-27 fishing at a grade 2 spot.
    I always hit some stupid first-jig-fail streaks regardless of durability. However, it has only been the first jig that could fail for me. Once the first jig successfully hooks, and doesn't lose the fish, the second jig and so on will always be good.

  4. #1424
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I always hit some stupid first-jig-fail streaks regardless of durability. However, it has only been the first jig that could fail for me. Once the first jig successfully hooks, and doesn't lose the fish, the second jig and so on will always be good.
    Quoting the wrong post but echoing that yesterday I also checked my crafting / ACC rings while under damage and heavy damage and they receive no negative impact on craft/control/acc (didn't check DEF)

    It's kinda funny. Only repairing for DEF for melee jobs and weapons / hammers now. Fuck everything else.

  5. #1425
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I hate that icon so much, but now it's a permanent fixture...

  6. #1426
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,453
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Quoting the wrong post but echoing that yesterday I also checked my crafting / ACC rings while under damage and heavy damage and they receive no negative impact on craft/control/acc (didn't check DEF)

    It's kinda funny. Only repairing for DEF for melee jobs and weapons / hammers now. Fuck everything else.
    I have never actually taken the time to look at what damaged gear does in detail; I just normally go repair it. But I think I remember seeing my Axe at 18% yet I still had the 114 Accuracy. So what gets affected w/ weapons? Is it the attack power?

  7. #1427
    aru
    aru is offline
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,084
    BG Level
    6

    I'm not entirely sure we can take what our stats say at face value. Since gear/heavy gear damage is a debuff (assumption) and no buffs/debuffs (as far as I know) are reflected on your stats how can we say for certain that it's not having an effect? Using still precision doesn't increase my accuracy stat, getting hit with magic defense down doesn't reduce my magic defense stat, getting blinded doesn't reduce my accuracy stat, etc.

  8. #1428
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,453
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Even when my weapon is damaged I don't visually notice huge hits in accuracy or attacks, so I don't know if gear damage is a subtle effect or not :s

  9. #1429
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Damaged weapons gain less TP per hit I think. Doesn't really affect me since I don't use WS a lot, but it might affect skill gain as well?

  10. #1430
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    61
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Sort of asked this in the other thread, but are there any "must-have" skills from other classes you guys think I'll need to get before I start maining Lancer?

    I've unlocked Second Wind from Pugilist, Bloodbath from Marauder, Still Precision from Gladiator, and Cure/Stoneskin/Shock Spikes from Conjurer (among other stuff which I don't think would be useful for LNC).

    I haven't seen any Passive Skills in FFXIV yet... and I don't see them on the Wiki... are they the ones that kind of look like golden emblems (Fleet of Foot, Out of Sight, Prime Conditioning)? 'cause if those are passive they'd all be awesome to get...

    Another thing: where can I get food for a melee damage dealer? (accuracy and strength)? I havent been using food at all, not sure if its even useful though

    And what do I do about elemental stats?

  11. #1431
    Pelvic Thruster
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    554
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenichi View Post
    Sort of asked this in the other thread, but are there any "must-have" skills from other classes you guys think I'll need to get before I start maining Lancer?

    I've unlocked Second Wind from Pugilist, Bloodbath from Marauder, Still Precision from Gladiator, and Cure/Stoneskin/Shock Spikes from Conjurer (among other stuff which I don't think would be useful for LNC).

    I haven't seen any Passive Skills in FFXIV yet... and I don't see them on the Wiki... are they the ones that kind of look like golden emblems (Fleet of Foot, Out of Sight, Prime Conditioning)? 'cause if those are passive they'd all be awesome to get...

    Another thing: where can I get food for a melee damage dealer? (accuracy and strength)? I havent been using food at all, not sure if its even useful though

    And what do I do about elemental stats?
    For a Lancer: Second Wind, Bloodbath, Shock Spikes, Stoneskin, Rampart, and Still Precision are great to have. Shell/Protect are nice but that requires you getting to 16 Conj.

    Starting out you're good with just Second Wind and Shock Spikes as you're smashing through reds. The rest is just bonus for if you have room. I didn't seem to have the ACC problems that other people did on LNC but I had a high physical level with DEX capped when I leveled it (and 4x ACC rings.) If you seem to be whiffing a lot slot Still Precision as soon as you have room.

    You're right about the passive traits. The ones that aren't bugged rock.

  12. #1432
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    61
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I'm not really understanding the stat caps... what are they? I thought I could just add as much stats wherever I wanted and it would take effect. But considering I'm starting over as a low level Lancer I guess my physical level is also pretty high for it.

  13. #1433
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    293
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I always hit some stupid first-jig-fail streaks regardless of durability. However, it has only been the first jig that could fail for me. Once the first jig successfully hooks, and doesn't lose the fish, the second jig and so on will always be good.
    It finally occurred to me that these fail streaks are similar to the one-hit-breaks reported in the mining thread. Hmm.

  14. #1434
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,453
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenichi View Post
    I'm not really understanding the stat caps... what are they? I thought I could just add as much stats wherever I wanted and it would take effect. But considering I'm starting over as a low level Lancer I guess my physical level is also pretty high for it.
    The knowledge about stat caps is based solely off VIT and MND since they actually have noticeable outputs. There is a cap, and right now all we can assume is that they all follow the same cap formula.
    Cap = (Current Rank) * 2 + 30 + 2*(# of ranks between 10 and current rank that are divisible by 4)

    Ex. I'm MRD rank 24.
    Cap = 24*2 + 30 + 2*4 (The four accounts for Ranks 12, 16, 20, 24)
    Cap = 86

  15. #1435
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    Do these caps apply to elements too? Thinking maybe I should spread mine out more if that's the case rather than going all wind.

  16. #1436
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    293
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Do these caps apply to elements too? Thinking maybe I should spread mine out more if that's the case rather than going all wind.
    Right now, there's no indication of precisely how the elemental affinities work, so it would be difficult to measure whether they stop working. Regardless, they fall into the categories of the other stats for me - it likely works the same way, but we have no certain ideas. At the moment, I simply put about 40 points into the element I want shards from and leave the rest of my points alone. This keeps it easy to swap elements (though all I do is dump them into wind so far).

  17. #1437
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    293
    BG Level
    4

    Rank 30 Fishing Quest. This is the map they provided. Good work.

  18. #1438
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by goodr View Post
    Rank 30 Fishing Quest. This is the map they provided. Good work.
    Could it be because it's in an area you've not yet visited?

  19. #1439
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    You haven't been to The Barrel.

  20. #1440
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    293
    BG Level
    4

    Nope. The NPC they want me to find is on the dock, directly in front of the fishing guild. I am currently in an instance. The instance boundary ends just before the NPC. He is always in LL. First, it was retarded they did not include him in the instance or bump you out of the instance so that you can run to him. Second, you had to run out of the instance and ignore the warning message in order to leave and appear in the real world to find the NPC you were looking for. Third, the map was worthless.

Page 72 of 262 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3796
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 13:29
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49