1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 7 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 2 hours, 20 minutes
Page 90 of 262 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 ... LastLast
Results 1781 to 1800 of 5229
  1. #1781
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    What's the best pre-20 WS that fulfills the following conditions:

    - low recast (no more than 10s base)
    - low stamina usage
    - not conditional (Phalanx, Jarring Strike, Fracture, etc.)
    - single target only

    Trammel looks like the best bang-for-the-buck but I hear Spinstroke might be pretty good?

    P.S. for DD job

  2. #1782
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,945
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Skull Sunder

  3. #1783
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    Where is best to solo at rank 20 and get wind shard as primary shard? Dodos by Skull SP dropped off pretty bad when I hit 20.

  4. #1784
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    883
    BG Level
    5

    Failed a behest at Horizon because there was no healer and everyone wasn't +20. There I saw a need for strategy. Had to split up Shield Bashes so both elementals couldn't Fire II us to death, for example. So basically the main thing killing strategy is the overpowered cures, and in behest's case no rank cap or limit. (Usually someone 5 or 6 ranks higher than camp's suggested rank can solo the thing. More so when he is backed by plenty of players)

    EDIT: Also I ranked up while dead, lol.

    You can also mark monsters while dead.

    EDIT: I think cures being AoE(well, both fully potent and AoE) by default is the problem. It should cost more MP, some TP, or some other limiter to have spells AoE.

  5. #1785
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,945
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Yeah there is just way too much emphasis on pro/shell.

  6. #1786
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Didn't SE mention in a recent "future updates" note that they were going to add the ability to see all the guildleves you have previously completed? I feel it would be pretty important if what they said about completing leves unlocking others is true.

    Is it normal to only have 2 Rank-30 Brotherhood faction leves to choose from? ('Bloody Side Up' and 'Reaving Home') I'm wondering if I'm missing one it's because I never did 'Kobold as Ice' and might be a prerequisite for one of the Rank-30s...?

    I have done 'Xha Viqqoh the Nibbler' and 'Palemoon Parazuzu' for Azeyma's faction leves, and there's 3 to choose from at Rank-30 now. ('B'khenna the Phoenixfire,' 'Ser Aucheforne of the High Tide,' and 'Godwin Goodgoat')

  7. #1787
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    What's the best pre-20 WS that fulfills the following conditions:

    - low recast (no more than 10s base)
    - low stamina usage
    - not conditional (Phalanx, Jarring Strike, Fracture, etc.)
    - single target only

    Trammel looks like the best bang-for-the-buck but I hear Spinstroke might be pretty good?

    P.S. for DD job
    Trammel is trash. I'd agree with Skull Sunder.

  8. #1788
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Skull Sunder is one of the best bangz 4 ur bux. Especially since it pretty much gives you an AoE option that can be cancelled out simply by moving.

    Also, did they remove Coral Butterflies from Grade-2 waters near Skull Valley? I used to get nothing but, now I can't get anything besides Tiger Cod, Malm Kelp, and Sea Cucumbers.

  9. #1789
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,324
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Trammel is trash. I'd agree with Skull Sunder.
    Even subbed, Trammel is still a 1.5x dmg mod, which makes it far more efficient than any 1k+ TP WS. The first three WSs on anyone's bar for efficiency's sake should be Feint, Skull Sunder, and Trammel.

  10. #1790
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    189
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Riposte View Post
    EDIT: I think cures being AoE(well, both fully potent and AoE) by default is the problem. It should cost more MP, some TP, or some other limiter to have spells AoE.
    I have also pinpointed this as a fundamental design problem. It's like they figured all spells must be AoE because internal testing found targeting efficiently enough impossible, completely missing the fact that they lacked most of the targeting functionality that was present in their previous game. /facepalm

  11. #1791
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I think Skull Sunder still wins since it only costs 500 TP.

  12. #1792
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,324
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I think Skull Sunder still wins since it only costs 500 TP.
    Trammel also costs 500 TP.

  13. #1793
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Skull Sunder is one of the best bangz 4 ur bux. Especially since it pretty much gives you an AoE option that can be cancelled out simply by moving.
    Skull Sunder can't AoE when you aren't MRD main, right? If it can AoE, it's automatically (and necessarily) disqualified.

    I'm an ARC. AoE WS is the problem I am trying to solve; if I want an AoE WS, I have about 2348974123 ways to do that without taking an affinity damage penalty.

  14. #1794
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,324
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Correct, they fixed Steadfast in the November update so that MRD weaponskills affected by Steadfast should not inadvertently activate their Steadfast effects when not on MRD.

  15. #1795
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    883
    BG Level
    5

    So do I need to make two macros in order to fit in more than 10 action equips?

  16. #1796
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    293
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Riposte View Post
    So do I need to make two macros in order to fit in more than 10 action equips?
    Also, locate the forehead of the person responsible for this and class swaps being a PITA and smack.

  17. #1797
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Riposte View Post
    So do I need to make two macros in order to fit in more than 10 action equips?
    Until the Windower crew or someone finds a way to bless us with script macros, yep.

  18. #1798
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    Switching classes is awful. I really don't see why we can't just have 30 slots for each class that are remembered for that class.

  19. #1799
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Because it has to be programmed to the game first. lol.

  20. #1800
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Because it has to be programmed to the game first. lol.
    Obviously. But it should have been done like this to begin with rather than the system they came up with. Although that can be said about pretty much all of the UI.

Page 90 of 262 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3796
    Last Post: 2013-08-17, 13:29
  2. FFXIV Random Speculation/Question Thread X: "Social life ends tonight."
    By Kurokikaze in forum FFXIV: Archive of the Betas
    Replies: 1982
    Last Post: 2010-09-25, 12:49