Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 476
  1. #281
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    If only for one nat 20 you roll on your stealth.

  2. #282
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,851
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    I remember someone saying something about an orc or goliath rogue who dumped all stats into chr for inimidation. "You didn't see me" Would be pretty funny

  3. #283
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    Yeah i saw that too. For a smashy smashy, i suggest a batb with an oversized weapon. May i suggest the Bastard Sword, which is a 1 handed exotic weapon that may be wielded using two hands as a martial weapon? Even with the penalty to hit from using a Large weapon, you should still have decent Hit.

  4. #284
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    I don't care about stats.

    Min/maxing is boring.

    Great axe wielding Bokra Bonesmasher (Bobo) the Barbarian was hilarious.

  5. #285
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Bobo is now my main character.

    Jumped into this campaign with both feet. We are level 3 right now but I'm planning on multiclassing into Bard next level up so I can be a sweet ass flute playing Goliath Bardbarian. Bardic Inspiration will be hilarious and my CHA is decently high as it is. Gonna be sweeeeeeeeet.

    Also ordered a Bobo custom mini from Heroforge.

    https://www.heroforge.com/load_config=262880

    They didn't have a Goliath option so I went Large Human.

  6. #286
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Mini finally shipped. So excited.

  7. #287
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Many updates:

    Joined a second game. Ozreus the Warlock has been built and activated.

    Bobo has acquired a Ring of Flying. Possibly the most broken item I've seen. No attunement, you can fly at 60ft movement. No restrictions at all. I calculated I can fly 168 miles in 24 hours. Completely broken.

    Bobo is now 4 Barb / 1 Bard. I have wooed women, entertained and distracted a vampire, and smashed 15 undead gnolls.

    Bobo is the best.

  8. #288
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    Hah. Nice.

    I also joined my first few homegroups. Two online, one in person, with another online game spooling up in a few months. PFS has lost much of its allure; the group has gotten large enough to be too loud for my taste. GF and I both enjoy the continuity and better RP opportunities of homegroups much better, so while the two active online games are (for the moment) just me, we're doing the in-person and upcoming games together.

    For the in-person game, we built a team of Kitsune lighthearted-mischief-makers. I'm a Two-Weapon Fighter/Barbarian/Brawler (We're doing advanced multiclassing so I'm getting all my saves still, so it works better than it would otherwise) and she's a Rogue/Investigator. We picked some additional archetypes but the gist is she's a thief and member of the criminal underworld while I'm her more martially inclined enforcer/protector/jailbreaker. Also, we have an iron airship which I captain because I was clearly the most enthusiastic party member. In the setting, Halflings have interbred with other races to become a race called Tugs, and we have a team of Tug porters we rescued (and then hired) on our first mission. The airship is named the "Tug Life"

    For the upcoming game we're working on a duo of city guards who specialize in defensive combat. Each of us will be capable of defending ourselves and others from physical/magical attacks, but one is going to specialize in magic and the other in physical. It's gestalt and using a totally homebrewed setting/class/etc, but I expect it to be pretty fun.

    Our log-launcher team has sadly not been getting much action. With her new job she's not able to come to PFS much, which when combined with our dropping enthusiasm for the format means we haven't played them in a while. Sad. The Artillery Team is so much fun, and was just starting to get more interesting than just load/fire the crossbow. I'm hoping to use something similar down the road in a homegroup. The idea of combining our two class' abilities to be more powerful than either independently is compelling and fun.

  9. #289
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    I'm thinking about joining a high level one-shot group that meets once a month. Level 15, all crazy bullshit welcome. Two fights per session. Blow all your spells and go nuts.

  10. #290
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    Sounds fun! I say go for it.

  11. #291
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Critical Role had Jon Heder as a guest. He played a fucking Barbarian / Bard. My Bardbarian is out of the bag

  12. #292
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    lol. you did it first/better tho


    i'm getting my first real own-character game time tonight with a homegroup ive been running with for a while now. there've been a number of issues delaying my introduction but it's finally here. I am excited.


    i'm a barbarian/shifter, which is a homebrew class that lets you basically polymorph as a class ability. it also lets you do some crazy shit like add attacks from your other possible forms, change you size, etc. I'm coming in at level 16 so I'm already fantastically powerful. can't wait to turn into a giant gargoyle with tentacles and antlers and pincers. I AM THE MONSTERS NOW. ALL THE MONSTERS.

  13. #293
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,411
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Still catching up on critical role, on ep63 or so after finding it a few months ago. Most enjoyable show I've seen in long time.

  14. #294
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Still catching up on critical role, on ep63 or so after finding it a few months ago. Most enjoyable show I've seen in long time.
    Get ready for a rollercoaster for the next 30 or so episodes

  15. #295
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,047
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    My Bardbarian is out of the bag

  16. #296
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Yeah yeah.

  17. #297
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    Just found out my favorite (read: only store that sold RPG stuff for a long time) game shop closed last week.

    A new one had opened up just down the street, and I thought they'd be fine, but I guess not. Pretty bummed. Gonna have to check out the new one tomorrow after work... I hope it doesn't suck.

  18. #298
    Shootin' rocks at monsters
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,693
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    I have a new D&D game starting up, and wanted to offer BGers an opportunity to join before I start putting it out at other places. This game welcomes decades-long veterans as well as neophytes looking to try something new.

    https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/13...ng-August-1st!

  19. #299
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Good luck! As I said in the other thread, I already have a Tuesday night game. We are playing Phoenix: Dawn Command for 3 weeks right now because half the group is on vacation.

    Did a 1 shot with my Wednesday group last night and fought an Abeloth. We had some sit-ins from another group and they were using the old broken Wizard/Sorc UA stuff because "their DM allows it" and one guy did 160+ damage in one round. It was pretty cringe-worthy.

    Thankfully my Wizard got the kill with a well-placed Disintegrate. Lonny Oreblaster is the best!

  20. #300
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,560
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    So! Now that Maroot's post is up, I'm comfortable saying that three of the games I've mentioned here are his system, with two being under his GMing. GF and I have our IRL homegroup with out Fighter/Bbn and Rog/Inv, plus the occasional PFS game with our Artillery Team. The Shifter/Barbarian character I've mentioned is the character I play in Maroot's free game (aka beta testing!), the Monk-ish character I've mentioned is the character I play in a World's Largest Dungeon campaign set in Maroot's system, run by a friend so Maroot can actually play. The new game I've mentioned is the one Maroot is recruiting for, and we're pretty excited about our characters.

    Spoilers, since other potential players might read this and our characters aren't really going to know each other until after we get started, so we've been trying to limit ourselves to only general concepts so far. Our general character concept:
    Spoiler: show
    She's playing an up-and-coming savant of a caster/Lieutenant, and I'm playing her skilled but magically devoid sergeant. We're in a magical-skill-as-merit meritocratic artistocratic empire, comparable to the Roman Empire in its decline, so I'm considered something of a serf/slave/indentured servant of the state, while she is an aristocratic rising star.


    I'll be posting a review of Maroot as a GM and why I'm signing up in the other thread, since this thread is more for sharing stories.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast