Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Marvel's Avengers: A-Day (PC/PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/STD) - Marvel x Eidos - September 4, 2020

Marvel Entertainment and Square Enix announced today a multi-year, multi-game partnership, leading with the reveal of The Avengers project. This newly established partnership pairs the creative minds at Marvel and Square Enix for one of the most powerful alliances in interactive entertainment.

A game based on beloved Marvel heroes, The Avengers project is being crafted by Crystal Dynamics – longtime developers of the award winning Tomb Raider series – in collaboration with lauded Deus Ex developer Eidos-Montréal.

The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise. Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come. More details on The Avengers project and other games will be announced in 2018.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Love how people got hyped for a possible KH3 announcement and got served with

this

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Love how people got hyped for a possible KH3 announcement and got served with

this
    Actually this partnership between SE and Marvel makes a KH3 announcement even more likely because it means that SE has the Marvel licences to develop games.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

'Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come.'

A MMO would make sense, but I imagine it's just wishful thinking from me.

Imagine Square Enix going to the meeting. They've already had a financially successful partnering with your parent company. (Kingdom Hearts franchise with Disney) They then show the stats and figures for Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn (Which I imagine is one of the most financially successful MMOs since World of Warcraft (I have zero information to back this up, just a guess) in a genre that is extremely hard to break into) and then saying 'Now imagine what we could do with the Marvel IP'

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Actually this partnership between SE and Marvel makes a KH3 announcement even more likely because it means that SE has the Marvel licences to develop games.
    How do the licenses for Marvel games work? I haven't looked into it, but I'd imagine it's a mess similar to the movies. Spidy is with Sony and/or Activision yeah? Beyond that, I can't even think of any Marvel games, beyond the plethora of mobile titles. I remember lots of titles like Hulk and Iron Man back in the late 2D era thru the PS2. Beyond those, a handful of Spider Man games, and the Ultimate Alliance and top down brawler titles, nothing specific comes to mind.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    'Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come.'

A MMO would make sense, but I imagine it's just wishful thinking from me.
    With the way XIV is going, I doubt SE would jump into a new MMO but rather a game that features a fuck ton of microtransactions and DLC since that too can make players play the game for "years to come" if you can't play a complete game from day one but rather over the course of 2 years haha.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm just picturing a Marvel version of DCU: Online.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    How do the licenses for Marvel games work? I haven't looked into it, but I'd imagine it's a mess similar to the movies. Spidy is with Sony and/or Activision yeah? Beyond that, I can't even think of any Marvel games, beyond the plethora of mobile titles. I remember lots of titles like Hulk and Iron Man back in the late 2D era thru the PS2. Beyond those, a handful of Spider Man games, and the Ultimate Alliance and top down brawler titles, nothing specific comes to mind.
    They seem to be getting better now. They're actually trying to work with the best developers in the industry to release some good games which is why we have the Spiderman game, a new MvC and these SE titles.
    Given SE's partnership with Disney and their new one with Marvel I think a KH3 world or even character from Marvel isn't that crazy anymore.
    KH has never gone digital anyway so there'd be no "delisting" issue from digital stores. Still hoping Marvel actually changed their stance on that, it sucks when great games suddenly become unavailable for years because the licence expires.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Top Talent Hired to Work on the Project
    Crystal Dynamics, the renowned developer of the critically acclaimed and world-famous Tomb Raider franchise, which has sold over 63 million copies globally, today announced they continue to expand their award-winning studio by adding 15 top industry talent to their development team in January alone. Included in the group are former Naughty Dog Creative Director Shaun Escayg who joins The Avengers Project as Creative Director, and as Director of Production Stephen Barry, a 27 year Veteran from EA/Visceral Games.

Escayg served as the Creative Director and writer of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and led the cinematics team as the Director of Photography and Animation Supervisor on The Last of Us . In addition, he worked as an animator at Industrial Light & Magic. “I’m thrilled to join Crystal as Creative Director and be aligned with a team as passionate about telling great character based stories as I am.”

Barry held multiple positions at Electronic Arts and was formerly the Director of Product Development at Visceral Games, working on several games over his long career including the critically acclaimed Dead Space franchise. “Crystal’s been around almost as long as I’ve been in the business. The immediate chemistry and camaraderie has been exactly what I’d hoped for.”

“We’re committed to delivering an incredible, completely original Avengers experience to our gamers, and that means we are always looking to add amazing developers to our existing best in class studio talent,” said Scot Amos, Co-Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics. “As development progresses, our studio continues to grow. The tremendous progress we’ve made on The Avengers project further drives us toward our goal of crafting something all Marvel fans will be proud of, and will play for years to come. We can’t wait to show you what we mean in the future.”

“We recently hired fifteen world-renowned industry veterans, spanning production leadership, animation, design, art and engineering, who have previously worked on games such as Batman: Arkham Origins, Dead Space, Star Wars: Battlefront and many more.” said Ron Rosenberg, Co-Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics. “Their AAA experience adds to an already deep roster, making us well-positioned to deliver on the ambitious goals we’ve set for ourselves with The Avengers project. It’s a stellar addition of many people who fit incredibly well into our wheelhouse of building game experiences we all love.”

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Crystal Dynamics Opens a New Studio in Bellevue, Washington to Create New Tech for Avengers & other In-Development Titles
    Crystal Dynamics, the renowned developer of the critically acclaimed and world-famous Tomb Raider franchise, is expanding with key new hires at its Redwood Shores headquarters and the creation of a new Bellevue, Washington satellite studio: Crystal Northwest.

“We’re aggressively scaling up our teams and adding a new studio with spectacular talent to deliver the ultimate gaming experiences for our players,” said Scot Amos, Co-Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics. “We have assembled a team of industry veterans and leaders in order to create gaming experiences that surpass the expectations of our passionate community.”

The new studio in the Seattle area is officially up and running as of today, and is a full-fledged extension of Crystal Dynamics. Dedicated initially to technology development, it delivers even more expertise to the highly-anticipated Avengers Project. Led by 20-year industry veterans Chad Queen and James Loe, the new studio bolsters the development of future games, tools, and technology.

In addition to the new studio, Crystal Dynamics has added best-in-class development talent to its Redwood Shores, California headquarters. These new additions will strengthen the teams on both current and future projects.

Among the dozens of new hires are world-class developers like Vincent Napoli, the new Lead Combat Designer at Crystal Dynamics who was most recently on the latest God of War, plus Ben Wanat, an 18-year industry veteran and an original co-founder of the Dead Space franchise, who led the development of Dead Space 3 as Creative Director. Joining them is David Fifield, who sports 20 years of experience as Executive Producer and Design Director at 343 Industries on Halo, as well as Game Director at Raven Software on numerous Call of Duty titles. Crystal Dynamics continues to attract the best and the brightest talent across all disciplines, many recently hailing from the likes of Naughty Dog, Pixar, EA, and many more.

“Our new studio in Bellevue, and the new hires in Redwood Shores, represent our continued commitment to the most ambitious project we’ve ever created,” said Ron Rosenberg, Co-Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics. “We’ll keep building on the exciting growth Crystal Dynamics has experienced over the last several years, and are eager to deliver a world-class Avengers experience for fans around the world.”

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Action-Adventure, 1-4 Players, Hero Customization
    https://www.pcgamer.com/marvels-aven...-this-listing/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Platforms Revealed via E3 Banner
    PC - PS4 - Xbox - Stadia

https://twitter.com/AvengersSE/statu...17207628500993

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Marvel’s Avengers begins at A-Day, where Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor are unveiling a hi-tech Avengers Headquarters in San Francisco — including the reveal of their own helicarrier powered by an experimental energy source. The celebration turns deadly when a catastrophic accident results in massive devastation. Blamed for the tragedy, the Avengers disband. Five years later, with all Super Heroes outlawed and the world in peril, the only hope is to reassemble Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

Marvel Entertainment and Square Enix are excited to unveil Marvel’s Avengers, an epic action-adventure game that combines cinematic storytelling with single-player and co-operative gameplay. Developed by Crystal Dynamics in collaboration with Eidos-Montréal, Nixxes Software, and Crystal Northwest, Marvel’s Avengers will release simultaneously for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, Stadia, and PC on May 15, 2020.
    https://avengers.square-enix-games.com/en-us/

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Looks terrible

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Faces + voices kill it for me...

Also, where's Hawkeye?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I don’t mind that they don’t like the actors at all. Of course they wouldn’t. But the models themselves are just hideous in general lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Pre-order for beta access, PS4 gets it first

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I was like why does Thor have an arc reactor...oh hold up that’s supposed to be Tony Stark lol

Also in the final clip from the E3 they also confirmed Ant-Man also in the game, the Hank Pym version.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Game and story looks fun but yeah those models. Some MvC Infinite fuckery going on here.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast