FFXI Server
    Bahamut

X-Men: Dark Phoenix (June 7, 2019)

Director: Simon Kinberg
    Writers:Simon Kinberg
    IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6565702/
    Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:_Dark_Phoenix

Synopsis:
    In 1992, nearly a decade after the events of X-Men: Apocalypse, the X-Men are national heroes going on increasingly risky missions. When a solar flare hits them during a rescue mission in space, Jean Grey loses control of her abilities and unleashes the Phoenix.
    Cast:

Jennifer Lawrence - Raven / Mystique
    Jessica Chastain - Lilandra
    James McAvoy - Professor Charles Xavier
    Michael Fassbender - Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto
    Sophie Turner - Jean Grey / Phoenix
    Nicholas Hoult - Hank McCoy / Beast
    Kodi Smit-McPhee - Kurt Wagner / Nightcrawler
    Tye Sheridan - Scott Summers / Cyclops
    Alexandra Shipp - Ororo Munroe / Storm
    Evan Peters - Peter Maximoff / Quicksilver
    Olivia Munn - Psylocke
    Daniel Cudmore - Piotr "Peter" Rasputin / Colossus
    Lamar Johnson

Promo:

Notes:

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

X-Men: Dark Phoenix

X-Men: Jennifer Lawrence* vs Dark Phoenix

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

JayMac. Ever the troll.

Cautiously optimistic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Let's see how Fox can ruin Phoenix a second time!

Also the guy directing this has never directed anything before

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

He's been writing or producing the X-Men movies since Last Stand, tho this is his first time directing.

I'm sure it'll still be bad because how much they'll overly shoehorn in J Law, but the guy understands the material at least.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    He's been writing or producing the X-Men movies since Last Stand, tho this is his first time directing.
    Not exactly a glowing recommendation, is it?

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

this will be atrocious also they need to fuck around and introduce their new Wolvie if they are gonna go more Jean-centric

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Iono View Post
    Not exactly a glowing recommendation, is it?
    i can think of no more damning an indictment. dude wrote The Last Stand, Fantastic Four, and Apocalypse, this will probably be terrible.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

lol beaten. I thought about making this thread yesterday. I read something on a site yesterday that could be a positive for people who automaticly think this will be another disaster.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men...landra-a151806

If you have ever read the original comic, like me, this should make you feel a little better.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

No. There's no positive here. It has Jennifer-fucking-Lawrence for no reason. She was involved with Apocalypse in the comics, but had absolutely nothing to do with the Phoenix Saga.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe dude is trying to make up for the pure retardedness that was reducing the Phoenix into mental issue

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Maybe dude is trying to make up for the pure retardedness that was reducing the Phoenix into mental issue
    Not a marvel buff by any stretch of the imagination but isn't that how it originally played out and the comics then later retconned it as the "Phoenix force"? Again, I could be completely wrong here but I swear I read something to that effect.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

After killing Jean Grey, the retcon they did was making the Jean Grey that died a separate entity from the real deal, who had been sealed in a cocoon and duplicated by the Phoenix Force. It was never really a "mental issue" and more the result of manipulation from Hellfire Club.

Snippet from Wikipedia

As originally written, the Jean Grey incarnation of the Phoenix was Jean herself, having attained her ultimate potential as a psi, becoming a being of pure energy and reforming herself as Phoenix, only to become slowly corrupted by the manipulation of such foes as Mastermind and Emma Frost; unable to adapt to her enormous power, Jean was driven mad.

In order to return Jean to the fold several years later, this storyline was retconned to reveal the existence of the cosmic Phoenix Force entity, which had created a duplicate body of Jean, believed itself to be Jean and acted in her place while the real Jean lay in a healing cocoon at the bottom of Jamaica Bay, where the Avengers and Fantastic Four would later discover her.

BG Level

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

J. Law...fuck me dear god why she even still gets jobs as actress is beyond me. Also to tyven about introducing a new Wolverine. FUCK THAT. Jackman = Wolverine. No Jackman = no Wolverine. Please Hollywood just this once do not shit on the amazing character Jackman has portraied so flawlessly and perfect by casting some dipshit bad actor teenager as his "successor".

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They can't really cast a teenager to replace him. They've already established him in the earlier timeline.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    They can't really cast a teenager to replace him. They've already established him in the earlier timeline.
    Something something hand waving AoA changed the time line now he's not as old and/or just hasn't aged as much. Wouldn't be the first time they've used time to get themselves out of holes they've written. Heck different Logan's in the comics already have vastly different ages/birth dates

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    J. Law...fuck me dear god why she even still gets jobs as actress is beyond me. Also to tyven about introducing a new Wolverine. FUCK THAT. Jackman = Wolverine. No Jackman = no Wolverine. Please Hollywood just this once do not shit on the amazing character Jackman has portraied so flawlessly and perfect by casting some dipshit bad actor teenager as his "successor".
    I wish I had a snapshot of every time somebody shit talked this casting back in the ole days complaining about how tall dude was and not gruff enough. They're gonna recast him and if it's anybody but Danny DeVito it's trash.
    This movie is gonna be a hot steamer carried along by the overused and needlessly there JLaw with absolutely no relation to the goodness that was the Phoenix saga from the comics. At least I can look forward to a needlessly there Quicksilver scene.

If they cast Tom Hardy as the new Wolverine everyone would cream their jeans.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

they need to go ahead and dump Magneto too. Yea Fassbender is the best but it's just as annoying the way they shoehorn Mags into every story the way they do Mystique

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast