1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 9 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 0 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 5.1: Nier Automata     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Patch 5.1: Nier Automata

Okay that's it. Shows over you can close the thread. Wait no there's more. Okay everyone sing along you know the pattern.

1 New Dungeon (MSQ, you can use Trusts)
    Extreme Trial (You know who it is)
    Ultimate Trial (We don't know who it is) (It unlocks 2 weeks after the patch)
    Nier Automata but your self insert OC now gets to play with 2B 2P. (Also there's 23 other characters and a 4 bosses along with some trash.)

Other Stuff
    - The launcher is getting a make over to ring in the new decade.
    - Chocobo Booster Blue Mage is getting a bump up to level60. Form parties with other Blue Mages to take on duties to be rewarded with Allied Seals and Tomestones.
    - Gathering is going to suck less.
    • Stealth became sneak and has literally no drawbacks and avoids aggro. Eat that ninja.
    • Adjustments to gathering and item yields. And elemental shard yields.
    • Actions will be adjusted (Ok), Actions to show unspoiled nodes will be automatic (Finally), Items at unspoiled nodes will not appear as out of reach or hidden (Holy shit!)
    - Crafting got more QoL chances
    [1]Some fancy window to show the base mats for the stuff you're making to make you miss xivdb.com even less.
    • Certain recipes will automatically be made collectible (LOOKING AT YOU CUSTOM DELIVERIES)
    • Adjustments to Quick Synthesis (Maybe i can finally quick Synth the new ShB items without breaking a quarter of them)
    • Adjustments to Desynthesis. (Can't wait for Crafting demimateria IV)
    • New Custom Delivery NPC. Yay?
    - Gold Saucer
    • New GATE featuring Yojimbo
    • Higher resolution stuff for Mahjong. You all play Mahjong right?
    - PvP
    • Substancial overhaul of actions to give players more actions to use to make you miss Heavensward PvP less.
    • New Frontline Arena that takes place in the far east.Looks cool.
    - Job Adjustments
    • They're happening
    • SMN will be "less busy". NIN mudras won't suck anymore.
    • Pets will display in the party list.
    - New Game+
    • Its like netflix except shit. Which I guess is netflix now (boom, roasted)
    • 2.0 - 2.55 are not available. Probabaly something to with that reboot treatment happening in 5.3. Or 5.4. Or more likely 5.58
    • You can choose between HW Part 1, HW Part 2, 3.1-3.3, 3.4-3.55, SB Part 1, SB Part 2, 4.1-4.3, 4.4-4.58, ShB Part 1, ShB Part 2.
    • Only one automatic save file. Duties are still level synced so you can't just dunk on a bunch of Au Ra or the Warriors of Darkness for the lulz.
    - Pouporri
    • Weapons will be included in the guaranteed drop pool from level51+ leveling dungeons.
    • You can eat while sitting.
    • New g-pose settings for your FFXIV instagram.
    • BRDs can now play a trumpet. I'm sure it will not be annoying in any way.

If there's more sue me. Everyone just cares about the Nier raid anyway.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

More audible version, but it also has the Japanese commentators over it;

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Trumpets? Just one step closer to the vuvuzela.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anywhere I can go for a more detailed breakdown of the crafting/gathering changes?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Anywhere I can go for a more detailed breakdown of the crafting/gathering changes?
    Best I can find are screen caps;

Spoiler: show

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I was skimming through the VOD, did yoko unmasked after the track was previewed or was that a stand in? (I read during the nier days he would almost always exclusively use the mask and will rarely show his face)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Nadaam pvp? People are actually going to want to play that, I'm shocked. Incoming most popular pvp mode forever.

My guess on the new Ultimate battle is Odin, or Alexander. It would be cool if it ends up being the Warriors of Darkness but there was never a Duty trial for that so I doubt they would choose to adapt that, going by which battles have been adapted already.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I'm guessing Warring Triad + God Kefka

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My bet's on Alexander. The Primals have already remade every song from Locust to Rise and there's a Symphony version of the A12 intro song.

During the 6th anniversary livestream they made a chiptune Knights of the Round x Nidhogg so they could merge the two into an Ultimate arena.

And lastly a Warring Triad + Kefka could be possible though I would expect that last. There's not much in it in terms of remixes (Although UCoB only added the music from the T12 cutscene) so I wouldn't call it out of the realm of possibility.

But Alexander Ultimate seems the most likely candidate to me.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Man, I'd love warring Triad and God Kefka. That'd be insane and lore bonkers.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Wow, the gathering/crafting changes are great. Stealth replaced by Sneak, letting you mount/invis and not lose speed. OPOP. The tree's nice.. Gathering rates/quick synth rates are great. Oh boy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Saw this pop up on YT. Someone managed to remove the vocals (But there's also some audio distortion because of this.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

New event coming on the 30th. Its like the first moogle event but now you get 10 for running praetorium so it sucks 3x as less.

Also doggo earring.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...ection/201909/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I wish they put the Namazu earring back in here. It's the only ingame collectible item I missed since 3.5 or something because I just couldn't be arsed to do the whole 100 tomestone grind. I'd do it now though.

That said, I never wear those novelty earrings anyway so idk why I bother.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Oh for fucks sake, did they really have to change the item? I have 11 leftovers from the last event. I held onto them since I figured they'd bring it back sometime, but no, now it's fucking mythology tomes.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I guess the tome changes puts BLU burning Tam-Tara as the most efficient method this time around, where-as before you could argue for for-against Syrcus.

Hmm, good bit of mounts that'd save me from doing ARR tribes, plus some others I probably wouldn't normally get.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Depending on your Garo status, going in there to farm your mount wins and getting 5 tomes a run could be a great way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I'll probably do a mix of MSQ to level jobs and PVP to get Mael 50 (I'm at 49 rn) and then switch to Adders to get 50 over there...although I don't think their win rate is that good on Aether. Sadly I knocked out all of the Garo achievements (yes, all of them, every job) a very long time ago so PVP is just for marks and achievements now lol.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Is the 50 wins for the grand company horse mount? You can only ride the one that you are currently joined to, so you can't ride adder horse while being maelstrong so unless your goal is to raise that mount number up to as high as you can without buying things from the cash shop I don't see the point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast