WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Voracious Resurgence - New Story Content

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

In the background on the left, kind of looks like the land bridge that connects the ruins of Tavnazia seen in the opening movie.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

>nobody told the goblin ragnarok is shit now
    oh no

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I see a grey Claustrum on the tarutaru. Maybe this version will be good?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Man I don't sub to this game anymore but I pay attention and I gotta say this is a little tempting. Especially since Nintendo won't give me Pikmin or any new games to care about.

*squint* New content in FFXI? Imposhibible.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Man I don't sub to this game anymore but I pay attention and I gotta say this is a little tempting. Especially since Nintendo won't give me Pikmin or any new games to care about.
    You can play for free from August 7th through August 17th and do all the new free content if you want.

Banned.

BG Level

If you finished rhapsodies

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I figure they'd wait for its 20th anniversary for this, unless the plan is to have it finished by then (piece-meal it out over 2-3 years like the retail FFXI expansions did, despite this not being remotely on that scale), or this is just a diversion and that there's still something else coming along that isn't FFXI R.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Weird monster eggs?! Is Monstrosity finally getting an update? Hahahha nah... That content is dead... shame because I loved the fuck out of it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Monstrosity was fucking garbage.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ur garbage

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I find it difficult to argue with delusional psychopaths, which I'm assuming you are since you hate Monstrosity. You've put me in quite the pickle kind sir

Granted, the rewards and PVP were garbage because they never bothered to actually work on them, but the PvE side, unlocking new species, learning iconic abilities, just being able to even play as an Elasmoth or Cerberus was fun, it even became tolerable after Rhapsodies and Exp increases perk kill. Then again, some of the most fun i had in XI was camping useless, obscure NMs, so content like this was perfect for me in-so-much that it never really had a goal outside just having fun.

If they had done small updates like adding new zones, perhaps even monster parties like promised god knows how long ago, and wrapping up the species list (Dragons, for one) I could have become lost in it for quite a while... heck I think I'd of been fine with it remaining a quirky PvE thing lol. Theres something just whimsical about casting Gates of Hades on a group of enemies, or confusing someone who has absolutely no clue what Monstrosity is and wondering why theres a Cerberus in Bubu Peninsula.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I am tempted, but story alone wont bring me back if there isnt new areas or a new job to discover.

If it were a full expansion i would be on board instantly.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I liked it, but it was about 25% finished content and then the devs did fuck-all extra with it. I could have went for some overall-level modifier (think XIV1.0's Physical level vs. Class rank) instead of having to regrind every species from lvl1 every time in the limited zones we had access to. Also for whatever reason the zone with the floatin' skulls had a duplicate island in it (which isn't the case for the actual map in Bibiki Bay) that went unused.

It also made you appreciate not having engage animation delay. Shame the devs can't be arsed to actually remove it from regular combat since they'd want to do it proper w/ the animations so you're not sliding around as the weapon draw/sheath plays.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Monstrosity was garbage because there was zero purpose to it.

Great concept, and they did fuck all with it, thats why I think it was garbage.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Monstrosity was garbage because there was zero purpose to it.

Great concept, and they did fuck all with it, thats why I think it was garbage.
    If they managed to do fuck-anything with it this "story" expansion it could very well be un-garbage.

They won't, of course, I know, not delusional.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

All we know about Voracious Resurgence is one page worth of a preview and an artist rendition.

What we know about Monstrosity is that it is "finished" content that has been stale since 2013.

One is "what is is" and one is "what it may be". One is in the past, and wont be changed, and one is in the future, we know very little about it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Think there was a time when people said the same about getting a new XI expansion and then Seekers dropped. Huh, wonder if those people feel real dumb right now?

But, then again, I'm not one for wild speculation and TBH they definitely abandoned the concept long ago.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

From the OF, Monstrosity was explicitly canceled when the developer working on it was reassigned (implied they went to FFXIV). They released the last completed update at the same time that they announced they were stopping future development on it / balance updates. There are additional monster types implemented enough in the .dats that they got translations, but apparently were not releaseable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast