1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 4 days, 7 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 days, 2 hours, 48 minutes
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    229
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Spirestone

    Moving out of US, need help with setting up

    So I'm moving to China pretty soon, besides the whole proxy issue with the firewall blocking stuff, what should I do to make sure that my US edition of FFXIV still will work? Last time I visited there all the internet connections I used timed out at connecting to version check. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    719
    BG Level
    5

    if you have friends you may be able to set up a vpn through them. if not there are probably pay services. you can certainly enjoy china's version of ffxiv but be prepared to reset your password every time you log in due to fluctuating ip address.

  3. #3
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    229
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Spirestone

    How would I go about setting up a VPN? This is the first time I've heard of it.

    Edit: Read up on it, I now understand how it works but I still don't understand the jargon that tells me how to set it up. Back to more googling I guess.

  4. #4
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    229
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Spirestone

    Finally able to get past the updater using an L2TP connection (sprung for a paid VPN service, only $5 a month), unfortunately still cockblocked by invalid passwords. Back to the drawing board I guess.