Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44
  1. #1
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,299
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quick question about pedophilia :s

    So this question is actually 2 parts:

    1) I know there is some kind of rule in place to where like an 18 year old can go out with a 17 year old or some shit. Was it the 2 year rule? 3 year rule? I can't remember... so if someone can help me out there I would appreciate it :s

    and 2) how young is too young? I'm 19 (turned it november 1st) and my friend is trying to set me up with a 17 year old, (who turned 17 on December 10th) So while I think I'm legally safe... what do you guys think on the morals of this? Be honest, I wanna hear what you all have to say Would you let your 17 year old go out with a 19 year old? your 16 year old out with a 19 year old?

  2. #2
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,126
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    2) While I don't think most would see a problem with those age ranges, I think the laws vary by state. So don't consider yourself legally safe even though it's generally accepted as morally acceptable since she could be 17 & 11 months and you could be 18 & 2 days and you'd still technically be breaking the law if 18 is the legal age. If that were to happen, I'd like to think that most would use common sense, but with America's legal system, who knows.

    Sorry for the run-on, but I hope it helps. This is something the morning radio show I listen to has brought up on various occassions. Including 1 caller who went to jail because the state pressed charges against him even though the girl's parents didn't (Can't remember exact details about it, but that was the general story). I think that was even the ages you listed: 17 & 19.

    Also, I wouldn't classify this as pedophilia.

  3. #3
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,317
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    who cares...

    stick it in her pooper.

    there is no other appropriate answer here people...

  4. #4
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,917
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    Laws vary alot from state to state. What state are you in?

    As far as "ethics" goes, there are two schools of thought.

    1) They have to be in the same school as you - middle school-middle school, high school to high school, college to college. In that thinking, 19 to 17 is a no-no.

    2) The one I prefer is "They must be at least 'your age'/2 + 7., rounded up" So in this case, 19/2=9.5+7=16.5 rounded up to 17, so you're ok.

    Also, unless you're having some sort of sex with her you don't really have to worry about the laws - you can take her on a date without fear.

  5. #5
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    Not going to comment on the legal issues since the above posters probably know it better than I do, but I can bet you that the relationship won't last. If that matters or not depends on you

  6. #6
    Spiders are Awesome
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,073
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    Check your state laws, google etc. Most states actually have the age of consent at 16/17, and even have 1-2 years of leeway, so you're most likely safe, but check anyway.

  7. #7
    There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,058
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s


  8. #8
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    Damn, I thought my insight would be useful in this thread, being an expert pedophile and all!
    Thanks for making me waste my time on some bullshit.

  9. #9
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic
    Damn, I thought my insight would be useful in this thread, being an expert pedophile and all!
    Thanks for making me waste my time on some bullshit.

  10. #10
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    471
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio
    who cares...

    stick it in her pooper.

    there is no other appropriate answer here people...
    the last time someone recommended this course of action involving pedophilia, he got a wrench up his ass.

    BAD ADVICE

    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28610&hilit=justice
    http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/406426.html

  11. #11
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,332
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    As long as you aren't laying the pipe than don't worry about it.


    I've had a couple encounters with girls that were 17 no full blown sex though, I'm 24 in March. I though that was Illegal until I just read the Wiki above that said age of consent in NY is 17 not 18 lol.

    I have the very flawed mindset that if they are at a party drinking, they are fair game.

  12. #12
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,228
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    Quote Originally Posted by Palin
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America might help a bit.
    Doesn't have my state fail.

  13. #13
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    Quote Originally Posted by Quixon
    I have the very flawed mindset that if they are at a party drinking, they are fair game.
    If there's grass on the field, play ball! llolamirite?

  14. #14
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizango
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixon
    I have the very flawed mindset that if they are at a party drinking, they are fair game.
    If there's grass on the field, play ball! llolamirite?
    Yes sir, urrite.

  15. #15
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    89
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    Meh you're fine lol.
    If you were 25 and she was 17 then we'd have a problem.

  16. #16
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    97
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    Pretty sure the age of consent in Canada is 14 years old lol. A little low if you ask me. But hey, I'm 27 and I date 20 year olds all the time, I see no problem with 19 and 17.

  17. #17
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    I refuse to date anyone less than 18 for the same reasons heh (turning 20 next month.)

  18. #18
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,634
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    Massachusetts Is so god damn confusing on laws, heres another one I add to my list of confusing ones......

    The age of consent in Massachusetts is 16, as specified by Chapter 265, Section 23 of the General Laws of Massachusetts, which states:

    "Whoever unlawfully has sexual intercourse or unnatural sexual intercourse, and abuses a child under sixteen years of age shall... be punished..." MGL 265-23
    However, Chapter 272, Section 4 sets another age of consent at 18 when the "victim" be "of chaste life" and the perpetrator induces them.

    "Whoever induces any person under 18 years of age of chaste life to have unlawful sexual intercourse shall be punished." MGL 272-4




    As for the original OP.... I dont see it as a problem, i'm 21 dating a 18 year old. We were originally sating when she was 17, and I was 20. heh

  19. #19
    Title: "HUBBLE GOTCHU!" (without the quotes, of course [and without "(without the quotes, of course)", of course], etc)
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,141
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    My sister had twin boys 7 days before her 16th birthday (well technically 7 days before her fourth "birthday"). DNA testing proves that some guy who was like 23 at the time is the father. Yet, we were unable to have statutory rape charges pressed against the guy.

    GG American Justice System

  20. #20
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    89
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Quick question about pedophilia :s

    Quote Originally Posted by Woozie
    My sister had twin boys 7 days before her 16th birthday (well technically 7 days before her fourth "birthday"). DNA testing proves that some guy who was like 23 at the time is the father. Yet, we were unable to have statutory rape charges pressed against the guy.

    GG American Justice System
    Your sis is a filthy whore.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast