Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: FUCK YOU WOODWORKING     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Formerly Raitoken
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,564
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    I hate woodworking :(

    If you can't tell I'm pissed,....

    I don't know WHAT I am doing wrong maybe someone here can help me...

    I have woodworking on a mule at 100+3, apron, gloves, belt and the desk in the mog, I look to my KEY items and it says "Moghancement Woodworking.

    I use the belt, with the 2 other items and my moghancement and have an effective skill of 106 which is T2 for elemental staffs and YET I CAN'T HQ THESE FUCKERS.

    No I am NOT wearing the woodworking ring that doesn't let you HQ items, I don't even own it.

    I have tried FULL MOON Darks Day, Ice day, No moon any day, some people say they synth them when they get the mats, some save them to whenever they have them, but it doesn't matter when I synth them, I can't HQ for shit.

    I am 2/37 right now on a T2 synth.

    Either the belt DOES NOT GIVE +3 support like everyone says it does or I have the shittiest luck ever.

    I'm just pissed off I am back down to 50k with only NQ staffs to show for it,..

    /rantoff

  2. #2
    Formerly Raitoken
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,564
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    Oh to add insult to injury I HQ 6 of the 30 synths I did on Royal Bookshelfs while skilling up which is a T0 synth under the cap yet I can't HQ these.

  3. #3
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    543
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    What message do you get when you click on the moghouse layout menu and exit from it.

    and no... I don't believe you HQ'd 6 of of 30 on a T0. POIDH

  4. #4
    Formerly Raitoken
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,564
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by Vodou View Post
    What message do you get when you click on the moghouse layout menu and exit from it.
    Why or how does that matter? Shouldn't the key item not be there if I am not getting the support?

    I'll let you know in a few gotta mail these failstaffs so I can sell them >.>

  5. #5
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    478
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Terrestrial Rage
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Its a shitty craft, not many profitable synths unless you wanna spend all day crafting consumables, and staves are a pain in the ass sometimes. Id recommend getting advanced support from guild, i never picked up a belt and i usually do just fine on staves, however 3 stints come to mind... (0/11, 0/10, 1/14)

  6. #6
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    543
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Raitoken View Post
    Why or how does that matter? Shouldn't the key item not be there if I am not getting the support?

    I'll let you know in a few gotta mail these failstaffs so I can sell them >.>

    Key item is not the point.

    The enhancement does not work unless it is the Moghouse enhancement. That's why you want to do the step I suggested.

    And, I 've done lots and lots and lots of staves. Have gone 0/17, 1/25 etc at times. Its pretty wacky but in the long run it works out.

  7. #7
    Formerly Raitoken
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,564
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    Well atm I am getting the short end of the stuck with the limited money I am making in an attempt to get better gear for my up and coming RDM yet every time I try I get cockslapped by the RNG.

    I am hoping that maybe there is some secret, some simple thing I am not doing or applying that is causing this to happen or hopfully my next batch of staffs wont cause me to go postal >.>

  8. #8
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    172
    BG Level
    3

    i went 0/38 on staves the otherday, couldnt figure it out either, but then i went 6/6 >_> shit happens.

  9. #9
    Myr said I should dodge roll
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,061
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    If I have found out anything about crafting in this game it is that..........IT IS COMPLETELY RANDOM.

    I have 100+3, Mogenhancement as well, along with powerful earth energy in MH (which I was told helps to have same element as furnishing item) and it's still hit/miss.

    I will say this, ice day/new moon I have been told is best time/moon phase for HQ staves. I've had my bad days on staves as well, went 0/didnt wanna count so I wouldn't be as pissed. The next day I got 5/5.

    It's a game. Getting mad at it won't change anything.

  10. #10
    Formerly Raitoken
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,564
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by Vodou View Post
    What message do you get when you click on the moghouse layout menu and exit from it.

    and no... I don't believe you HQ'd 6 of of 30 on a T0. POIDH
    I get Moghancement: Woodworking.

    And I might not of HQ 6 but I did atleast 3-4, I remember because it was absurd and since there is no way to prove it because the bookshelf has no HQ and all you could see is the chat log unless I took it while it was HQ'ing(like I knew it was going to happen) then there wont be pics.

    Either way it was amazing how that happened >.> believe me or not it did happen.

  11. #11
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    I believe in you bro. Don't let your chin touch your chest in front of these dudes.

  12. #12
    Formerly Raitoken
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,564
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    I believe in you bro. Don't let your chin touch your chest in front of these dudes.
    Thats the one day I wish I was making cursed togi's :/

  13. #13
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    611
    BG Level
    5

    I am currently 4/40 in the past week so it happens, turns out making a set of HQ staves for my RDM and BLM ended up costing me a few mil more than buying alright!

  14. #14
    The Real Cookiemonster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Funny thing about Random Number Generators, you never know!
    (there's an image about that here somewhere, but I couldn't for the likes of me find it)

  15. #15
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    866
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    WW hasn't been a profitable craft in years, but for some reasons it became even worse a couple years ago.

    I used to have a 24.x% HQ rate on staves (with hundreds of synths since 2004 so I'm confident it's a reliable figure), and after the summer of 2006 it fell to a steady 17% which makes it far from profitable in the long run (if you don't grow and cut your own ores, that is).

    I probably lost over 20M because I decided to "check if it was still that bad" and synthed a few batches of staves in the last 2 years.

    So basically, I think you should stop crafting WW stuff, or staves at least.

  16. #16
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    86
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Yea, it's all about luck...I've had 100+3 since late 2005...since then:

    Multiple times with 4/5, 5/5, 5/6, etc...they're just few and far between. I've also had bad runs of luck with 0/20, 0/30, etc...it all evens out in the end.

    The important thing is have fun...I 'think' the conversation here was about the movie Superbad:
    http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...517_070859.png

    If it weren't for Woodworking, I'd be a compulsive gambler...at least I play my slot machines with fake currency I guess =P

  17. #17
    Human Being
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,169
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Raitoken View Post
    I am 2/37 right now on a T2 synth.
    Needs a bigger sample size.

  18. #18
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    247
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Funny thing about Random Number Generators, you never know!
    (there's an image about that here somewhere, but I couldn't for the likes of me find it)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...77/dilbert.jpg

    I also had some T0's skilling on WW, 4 of em on lacquer tree sap so far. Makes me wish I was skilling on something worthwhile.

  19. #19
    Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,025
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    shit happens.
    What he said.

    Welcome to crafting?

    Is it "fair" that as a leather 100+3 I can still crit fail a level 1 synth? Or go 0/30 trying to HQ a level 20 synth? (Because believe me, I have!) It's random.

    PS: I make tons of money through woodworking, it's my second most profit-making mule. I've never once made an elemental staff, not even for my own use. It's the route seemingly every WWer takes trying to make profit, which means it's one to be avoided.

  20. #20
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,285
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

    am i the only one who thinks he inherited this char and has never level'd a craft in his life?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast