I've been trying to build a statistics page in php using a mysql db. I got most of the database running as intended but I'm running into problems on how to use php to format it in the way I want to. I have 3 tables: A, B and A_B. I want to format it as follows:
I can't for the life of me construct an SQL query that gives me the following rows:Code:B1 B2 B3 A1 A1_B1 A1_B2 A1_B3 A2 A2_B1 A2_B2 A2_B3 A3 A3_B1 A3_B2 A3_B3
select A.val as '', foreach B.id (A_B.val where A_B.b_id = B.id and A_B.a_id = A.id) as B.val
from A, B, A_B
order by A.val;
Any SQL or php guru that can push me in the right direction? Also as a side question, is it possible in php to get the column name of field? Otherwise it might become a problem if I want to make the columns able to be sorted (ASC, DESC or not sorted).
XI Wiki

