Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 120

Thread: Mythic Scythe - Liberator     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    TSwiftie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,920
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Mythic Scythe - Liberator

    I ran a bunch of initial tests, and I plan to run a lot more. I'll keep the thread updated~

    Aftermath Effect Lv1:
    Increases Accuracy. Accuracy gain is proportional to TP, and is linear.
    100 tp = +10 acc
    150 tp = +15 acc
    160 tp = +16 acc
    190 tp = +19 acc
    199 tp = +19 acc
    *10tp= +1 acc

    Aftermath Effect Lv2:
    Increases Attack. Attack gain is proprtional to TP, and is linear.
    200 tp = +20 attack
    210 tp = +24 attack
    250 tp = +40 attack
    260 tp = +44 attack
    295 tp = +58 attack
    299 tp = +59 attack
    *2.5tp = +1 attack

    Aftermath Effect Lv3:
    ( Speculation: ) +45% DA Rate

    To test Lv3 Aftermath I used Insurgency at 300TP and then recorded on paper each attack round being a single hit or DA. Mobs used were crabs/Lizards/fire elemental in Kuftal Tunnel. I was DRK/DRG with no DA+ gear on. I did not count the final hit on the mob (unless it was a DA.)

    132 DA, 284 total attack rounds. (~46.5%) I will increase my sample size later.

    I then repeated the test as /WAR using Brutal, Askar Body, Ares Legs, Pole Strap. (~21% DA+)

    I did not attack three times after 96 hits, so I assume it's not possible. But my DA rate was 62 DA in 96 attack rounds. (~65%.) The Lv3 Aftermath appears to stack with DA+. I will increase sample size later.

    It's already been reported, but I will repeat anyway:
    Lv1 Aftermath can overwrite Lv1 Aftermath, only.
    Lv2 Aftermath can overwrite Lv1 Aftermath, only.
    Lv3 Aftermath can overwrite Lv1 or Lv2 Aftermath, only.
    Lv1 Duration is 60 seconds.
    Lv2 Duration is 90 seconds.
    Lv3 Duration is 120 seconds.

    Note: If you try to WS while out of range on the mob (xxx is too far away.) You will NOT get the Mythic Aftermath.
    This is not the same as Relic WS. I tested /w Apoc, and Apoc will still gain relic aftermath when too far away.

    Note 2: If you change weapons while aftermath is active, the aftermath effect will wear off. This is the same as Relic Weapons.

    Note 3: Liberator is not Piercing Damage.


    Augments "Absorb" Spells:
    Appears to just add +3 to any stat absorbed. (Tested on Abs-Acc too, it's +21 accuracy Absorbed now.)
    Abs-TP will still absorb 0 TP when mob has no TP.
    No apparant change to Abs-TP.
    Equipping Dark Magic Skill+ items does not change Absorb potency.
    Duration does not change, decay does not appear to change.

    I'll have more time this weekend to try testing other aspects of Mythic, and parse it out during some events and merit situations. If you have any ideas you'd like tested, just reply to this thread~

    http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5933/kirtaru.png

  2. #2
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,751
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

    How long do the effects on the different effects?

  3. #3
    TSwiftie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,920
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    oops~

    Lv1 - 60 seconds
    Lv2 - 90 seconds
    Lv3 - 120 seconds

  4. #4
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    First, grats Kirschy, now figure out how to dual wield them!

    Second, @colenzo: wut?

  5. #5
    TSwiftie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,920
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    First, grats Kirschy, now figure out how to dual wield them!
    Thanks~ Anddddddd maybe I find some duct tape I can make a Swallow weapon out of it like Serge uses in Chrono Cross?

  6. #6
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,088
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    So if you start at 300% tp initially, you got 120 sec of 45% double attack. During that period you can spam guillotine a number of times depends on haste and hit build. Then you will need about 10 attack rounds to regain 300% and keep the double attack. Pretty sexy if done right I think. With a 528 delay scythe, you can probably do 5 hit build occasionally if you stack on STP.

    Also, is it possible that augment absorb is 20% increase instead of a fixed +3? I think you might get 20% more from absorb tp. Give it a try.

  7. #7
    TSwiftie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,920
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    So if you start at 300% tp initially, you got 120 sec of 45% double attack. During that period you can spam guillotine a number of times depends on haste and hit build. Then you will need about 10 attack rounds to regain 300% and keep the double attack. Pretty sexy if done right I think. With a 528 delay scythe, you can probably do 5 hit build occasionally if you stack on STP.

    Also, is it possible that augment absorb is 20% increase instead of a fixed +3? I think you might get 20% more from absorb tp. Give it a try.
    Yea, I'll be trying different playstyles and seeing how they parse.

    As for Absorbs, that might be it. Abs-TP is so inconsistant, that I'll have trouble getting an accurate read on it. I have a few tests in mind to see if there's any noticable change in /w Abs-TP.

  8. #8
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,781
    BG Level
    8

    Grats on your mythic! that's a lot of extensive testing, very interesting to know that the mythic weapon skill doesn't need to go off for the aftermath to kick in.

  9. #9
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    374
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Grats Kirsch~

    I plan to setup a statustimer custom counter to help manage TP during merit.

    I'm assuming AM1~3 have different IDs to allow for this, but maybe you can do a quick test using toggleextinfo?

    (my sigs out of date, but should be on track to finish Mini-poc this weekend ..inc +20% mijin?) http://tarusodelicious.com/phpBB3/im...n_stressed.gif

  10. #10
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,752
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    does it have any effect with V mufflers or drain and aspir?

  11. #11
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,397
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    Abs-TP is so inconsistant, that I'll have trouble getting an accurate read on it. I have a few tests in mind to see if there's any noticable change in /w Abs-TP.
    Does anyone know if Dark Seal makes Absorb-TP consistent?

    Edit: Instead of screwing up your merits, what about /BLM Elemental Seal?

  12. #12
    TSwiftie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,920
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I don't have V Mufflers, but the Enhance "Absorb" from Onyx Cuisses stacks as you'd expect by just increasing the duration.

    I have Dark Seal, but it doesn't make Abs-TP more consistant, it just reduces the resistance rate.

    There's different text listed at the top for each aftermath effect, so I'm fairly certian it's 3 seperate icons. I use statustimer plugin to judge when AM3 is going to wear so I can reapply. Works great for me.

  13. #13
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    359
    BG Level
    4

    A big congrats Kirs^^

  14. #14
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Might want to add this to the first post for completion sake.
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/ff...iberatorid.png


    Is there any hope it outpost Apocalypse?


    Also, grats and thanks for the testing.

  15. #15
    Banned.

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,533
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    Aftermath Effect Lv1:
    Increases Accuracy. Accuracy gain is proportional to TP, and is linear.
    100 tp = +10 acc
    150 tp = +15 acc
    160 tp = +16 acc
    190 tp = +19 acc
    199 tp = +19 acc
    *10tp= +1 acc

    Aftermath Effect Lv2:
    Increases Attack. Attack gain is proprtional to TP, and is linear.
    200 tp = +20 attack
    210 tp = +24 attack
    250 tp = +40 attack
    260 tp = +44 attack
    295 tp = +58 attack
    299 tp = +59 attack
    *2.5tp = +1 attack

  16. #16
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,445
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    You have a Screenshot? Or is it on the Screenshot thread already?

  17. #17
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,197
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Is there any hope it outpost Apocalypse?
    If you can reach the haste cap without Apoc, then it should out damage Apoc due to DA for 2hr Zerg situations no?

  18. #18
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    If you can reach the haste cap without Apoc, then it should out damage Apoc due to DA for 2hr Zerg situations no?
    I was talking about your average merit situation more than zerg.

  19. #19
    29 in magical dog years
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,039
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    If you can reach the haste cap without Apoc, then it should out damage Apoc due to DA for 2hr Zerg situations no?
    From my understanding, magic haste capping at 43.3%, and DB 5/5 25% (or DB 3/5 and Hasso), means you only need 12% Haste in gear to match that to reach the 80% cap, and that's pretty easy, Turban+Swift+NQ Dusk could do that. Course, what else are you gonna put in spots?

  20. #20
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Homam hands/feet/Vbelt, AF+1 head, Ares legs, Ebody?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Perdu Sickle vs. O Scythe
    By Dioma in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2007-09-21, 00:51
  2. BST Scythe
    By Metah in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 2007-09-02, 12:54
  3. Temenos Liberated o_o
    By Mrcloudz in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 2005-11-15, 12:54
  4. Oricalium scythe
    By Arthen in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 2005-10-12, 11:12
  5. DRK merit question: Scythe or Great Sword?
    By Sekkite in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 2005-09-04, 17:40
  6. Scythe or Great Sword?
    By in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2004-08-20, 19:43