Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: GFX Issue?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Lampoon
    Guest

    GFX Issue?

    Didn't know where else to post this. Computer freaks out every time I log into FFXI and this is the result. FFXI window starts spazing ut, while green lines run up and down across all of screen. Is it a graphic card issue?

  2. #2
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,016
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Does it do this kinda thing with other games or playing video?

    What kind of GPU do you have? How long since you last gave your computer a good dusting?

  3. #3
    Lampoon
    Guest

    No, just FFXI it seems. I just started up Civ 4 and back to desktop. No signs of problems after 15 mins on gameplay on Civ. This is the first time I've encountered this kind of problem. I defrag my comp once every 1-2 weeks. I run WindowsWasher, AVG, SpyBot.

    I run 2.4G PII, 1G Mem(For some reason only shows 512MB, even though I have four 256 chips installed), 80H HD (Split into 3 Patitions). It's an old PC but it's been working fine till now. Slow, but reliable.

    What do you mean by "dusting"? I've reformatted the PC at least 3 times in the past. Been 1 1/2 years since last reformat if I remember right.

  4. #4
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,016
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    I mean literally opening up your computer and blowing the dust out.. too much dust buildup can cause overheating & static electricity discharge, both of which would cause the problem you're seeing.

    And wow a PII! I didn't even know they ever made one that ran at 2.4gHz!

  5. #5
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,192
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    And wow a PII! I didn't even know they ever made one that ran at 2.4gHz!
    lol they didn't, it must be a p4

  6. #6
    Lampoon
    Guest

    Yeah, it's P4. My mistake. I cleaned out inside the comp no more than a month ago.

Similar Threads

  1. Gfx card issues
    By Afrohatch in forum Tech
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2009-08-27, 18:44