Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Justice League (November 17, 2017) | Snyder Cut - 4 Hour Marathon (HBOM) - March 18, 2021

According to a recent interview with Warner Bros. Pictures president Jeff Robinov a live-action Justice League movie is in the works with a plan to release it in theaters in 2013, and a script is currently being written. It was also revealed that scripts are still in the works for The Flash and Wonder Woman which as you know have been in development for a very long time already. It looks like the studio is finally ready to get moving on these.

As for the Batman franchise, after The Dark Knight Rises is released the studio plans on rebooting it without Nolan directing or Bale starring, which unfortunately isn't surprising at all. Here's what Robinov told the LA Times,

We have the third Batman, but then we’ll have to reinvent Batman…Chris Nolan and [producing partner and wife] Emma Thomas will be producing it, so it will be a conversation with them about what the next phase is.
    At least Nolan will be involved with it in a producing capacity, but it will most likely not resemble the three previous Nolan Batman films. I guess it's possible that the new Justice League movie will help launch this new Batman reinvention. It will be interesting to see what the look and feel of the new property will be. It won't get any darker so maybe they'll lighten things up a bit?

It's going to be weird to see a new Batman film. I honestly just don't see it being as good as what Nolan has already done. Let's just hope they don't give Batman a full CGI Batsuit like they did with Green Lantern, and possibly Superman.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/3/29...lso-reinv.html
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...0,196556.story

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

A new batman? fuck off

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

inb4 rubber nipples.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wake me up in a year when actual news starts coming in.

Why the hell would they want to reboot batman?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

because Batman of the Nolan trilogy is in a world that doesn't fit well with the rest of the DC Universe, and so on

Ridill
    BG Level

also money

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

true

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    Why the hell would they want to reboot batman?
    Its not like they have a choice if Bale and Nolan are both leaving.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm gonna go with 'money' being the answer. They rebooted Batman, they rebooted Hulk (which shouldn't have been booted to begin with...), everything's a ReBoot.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Don't they technically "reboot" comic book characters all the time in comics?

my problem with comic movie reboots is that they keep telling the origin story that everyone's seen over 9000 times already, in the comics they just move on to the next story arc. reboots are left up to non-canon, ultimate alts and crisis crossovers usually.

is there an iconic justice league line-up?

bats, sups, ww, flash, martian and aqua?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

GL too. Wouldn't be the Justice League without him -- which then raises the question would they incorporate this new GL storyline into it? Hopefully not.

Hopefully they won't try to mimic the Nolan Batmans with this movie. As much as I loved Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, I think Superman Returns is a good example of why dark, gritty, and realistic doesn't work for every hero. Justice League is meant to be over the top and I feel the DCAU renditions did a good job of blending the over the top with relatively realistic (which says a lot considering it wasn't that realistic at all).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Probably Lex Luthor or Zod.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Brainthor

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Probably Lex Luthor or Zod.
    Those are superman villains

I could see them going with noname alien space threat.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    If this was just a live-action version of the last 3 or 4 episodes of JLU Season 4 it would be the best movie ever.
    While it would be awesome, there'd be no way they could build up to that in any form of a reasonable manner. I'd be down if they made a live-action movie of the original 3 episodes of that series. Thought it made for an excellent introduction to the Justice League.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So batmans gonna be rebooted? Any word on whether the new superman will go into this or is that getting a reboot before its even made? lol

Same with Green lantern.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Stilzkin View Post
    Those are superman villains

I could see them going with noname alien space threat.
    Oh I know. But Superman is leading the team, and DC figures that those are the only 2 villains the masses know. Or something.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

While Ryan Reynolds' superhero turn in the upcoming "Green Lantern" hasn't even hit theaters yet — we've got to wait until June 17 for that — there's already talk about whether the actor will reprise his role as the iconic DC comic book character in the widely discussed upcoming "Justice League" movie.

But eager fans should be aware that Reynolds, who caught up with MTV News at WonderCon in San Francisco this weekend, hasn't gotten any green lights yet about playing the Green Lantern alongside, as he put it, the "formidable" DC Comics League for the possibly-in-the-works project, which is expected to be hitting theaters by 2013.

In true Reynolds fashion, the 34 year old joked about all the buzz and rumors surrounding "Justice League," saying, "I hear about it, but I hear about it the same way you do: from a Ouija board, late night over a glass of Chardonnay."

When he's not predicting the fate of the long-awaited big-screen version of the beloved series by candlelight, he admitted he's still very much in the dark about what's really going on. "I don't know much about it other than it is in the makeup and the plans and the development slate of Warner Brothers," he said. "But, I don't have anything to do with it."

Still, Reynolds said, "The fan in me thinks it's fantastic," adding, "Of course you wanna see all those iconic characters standing together in one room." But the actor reiterated, "As far as being involved, I have nothing to do with it as of yet."

Whether or not that day ever comes, Reynolds still has plenty on his docket. He helped screen the eagerly anticipated "Green Lantern" at CinemaCon, where it received a warm reception. In addition, the actor will appear in the body-swap comedy "The Change-Up" this year and is in final talks to do the voice work for the lead character in Dreamworks' upcoming animated feature "Turbo."
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/166...e-league.jhtml

In London tonight for the UK Premiere of his latest film, Sucker Punch, we had some time with director Zack Snyder on the red carpet and with the hyperbole and hearsay regarding the future for the post-Nolan Batman franchise and a potential Justice League Movie coming in 2013 we wanted to know what place, if any, Snyder’s Superman has with Warner Bros’ long term plans.

We asked Snyder about the plans for the Justice League movie and how his Superman fitted in with that? This is what he said,

‘It doesn’t. Like what Chris Nolan is doing and what I’m doing with Superman, what they’ll do with Justice League will be it’s own thing with it’s own Batman and own Superman. We’ll be over here with our movie and they’ll kinda get to do it twice which is kinda cool’
    The L.A. Times interview with Jeff Robinov, which began the frenzied speculation, touched on the character of Superman as an example of how another DC character might appear in the proposed Justice League movie. Talking about Wonder Woman’s imminent debut on TV, Robinov said,

Wonder Woman could be a film as well, the same way that ‘Superman Returns’ came out while ‘Smallville’ was on.
    TV’s Smallville and Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns could exist in the same space perhaps because of the difference, and easy differentiation, between TV and Film. While it is looking unlikely that 2013 will see a Justice League film if we did, and Snyder’s Man of Steel did well enough to produce sequels, we would have two movie versions of Superman out there.
    http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2011/03/30...nolans-batman/

No established GL, Supes, or Batman to be in JLA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast