FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Trusts

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/38761

May update OP later, but lets get this siphoned before we have 545353 page discussion threads.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok, some info on xping with trust npcs:

1. NO xp penalty for any number of trust npcs.
    2. If you call your npc fellow (you can, even with a full party of trust npcs; that is 3 trust npcs) you will incur the XP penalty from the fellow.
    3. All of them have the jobs you would expect. Kupipi is a whm, for instance.

I hope that helps with nailing this down; Well at least for a start. I tested this on my level 10 drg (which is now level 15 btw)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Kind of weird how they don't do things out of combat like fellows. Like, Kupipi only seemed to want to cast protectra when I was hitting things.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

do not like how you have to be melee swinging at something to get them to do anything, regen/refresh rate out of combat is nice, do not have to be resting for them to regen. excenmille is a pld using polearm he uses sentinel and curing spells and flash lol.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

not sure if glitch. can't seem to summon alter egos in WKR. someone brought them in tho. not sure if they summoned outside and entered or what

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    not sure if glitch. can't seem to summon alter egos in WKR. someone brought them in tho. not sure if they summoned outside and entered or what
    They mentioned being unable to summon while in combat. Perhaps reive status counts as in combat.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I need to buy Kupipi a scroll of haste and dia 2....... cuz she isn't using either!

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    They mentioned being unable to summon while in combat. Perhaps reive status counts as in combat.
    would be odd because they specifically said that alter-egos could be used in reives. maybe that glitch was what promted the maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistrianna View Post
    I need to buy Kupipi a scroll of haste and dia 2....... cuz she isn't using either!
    I don't think you can alter alter-ego's behavior in any way. in the lounge session Q&A he was saying that each alter-ego has their own set style of play and you can either tailor them to suit you or the other way round lol. Considering this is just the first wave of Trust NPCs, I'm pretty sure we will get more.. and hopefully that will include a mage that knows how to cast those 2 things.

quite notably, although Shantotto was featured in the update teaser video, she's not obtainable (altho she's in the dats. /recast Shantotto.). Probably quest not implemented yet. Same goes for Ajido, Volker, Trion, etc. the rest appear to be Cipher only.

What I'd like to know is.. has anyone been unsuccessful in creating Trust magic? Cos when I was with the NPCs, say eg Ayame, she literally listed down every single instance which she had interacted with me as an NPC in a quest - NIN, MNK AF quests, bastok missions, etc etc. I'm guessing all of them count towards a tally. I've all AF quests and pretty much all quests cleared (save for a bunch of fishing and WS ones) so I'm wondering if this trust thing is an incentive to clear more quests

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    would be odd because they specifically said that alter-egos could be used in reives. maybe that glitch was what promted the maintenance.

I don't think you can alter alter-ego's behavior in any way. in the lounge session Q&A he was saying that each alter-ego has their own set style of play and you can either tailor them to suit you or the other way round lol. Considering this is just the first wave of Trust NPCs, I'm pretty sure we will get more.. and hopefully that will include a mage that knows how to cast those 2 things.

quite notably, although Shantotto was featured in the update teaser video, she's not obtainable (altho she's in the dats. /recast Shantotto.). Probably quest not implemented yet. Same goes for Ajido, Volker, Trion, etc. the rest appear to be Cipher only.

What I'd like to know is.. has anyone been unsuccessful in creating Trust magic? Cos when I was with the NPCs, say eg Ayame, she literally listed down every single instance which she had interacted with me as an NPC in a quest - NIN, MNK AF quests, bastok missions, etc etc. I'm guessing all of them count towards a tally. I've all AF quests and pretty much all quests cleared (save for a bunch of fishing and WS ones) so I'm wondering if this trust thing is an incentive to clear more quests
    I can confirm that if you have had no prior interactions with certain NPCs or have not attained a certain rank, you are not able to obtain their alter-ego. On one of my mules that I level for fun, I could not receive Ayame (no AF, Missions, quests involving her done) Curilla (not high enough rank to access the Chateau) and Nana Miihgo (no quest interaction). I was only able to obtain the 1st alter-egos from each city.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    I can confirm that if you have had no prior interactions with certain NPCs or have not attained a certain rank, you are not able to obtain their alter-ego. On one of my mules that I level for fun, I could not receive Ayame (no AF, Missions, quests involving her done) Curilla (not high enough rank to access the Chateau) and Nana Miihgo (no quest interaction). I was only able to obtain the 1st alter-egos from each city.
    Patch notes:

* One of the following missions must be completed:
    San d’Oria: Journey Abroad
    Bastok: The Emissary
    Windurst: The Three Kingdoms

as well as "Complete the quest "Mihgo’s Amigo” for Nanaa

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If anyone can dump the dialog tables for these npcs it would be a ton of fun to look through.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    If anyone can dump the dialog tables for these npcs it would be a ton of fun to look through.
    Would be cool. Had Kupipi mention my Windurst rank10, and handing her fruit(lolportalcharm). Curilla mentioned me having done her sword WSNM quest also. Curious what other variable checks are in there.

As far as chat filters are concerned, Trust NPCs are proper Party Members.

Nice that they bothered putting in them referencing what quests you've done with them before. I even had some of them mention to me how my chocobo was able to beat theirs in races. Small things like this where they put in the extra effort is nice.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Nice that they bothered putting in them referencing what quests you've done with them before. I even had some of them mention to me how my chocobo was able to beat theirs in races. Small things like this where they put in the extra effort is nice.
    yeah curilla referenced the trial quests involving here on my main, while my mule (that hasnt done any trial WS quests with curilla) didnt have that reference.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I tossed a thread on the OF for trust suggestions if anyone has any

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...054#post483054

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Excenmille mentions meeting me in his youth(wotg) and also mentions my ballista victories. Surprised he uses a pole arm though cuz as a child he used a great sword.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

More NPC observations: Trust NPCs are not considered party members with regard to Drain Samba or automaton cures. Can target them with Waltzes though.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TheodusArcaedim View Post
    More NPC observations: Trust NPCs are not considered party members with regard to Drain Samba or automaton cures. Can target them with Waltzes though.
    they said in update that partybuffs dont apply to them

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

all known issues

The beastmaster ability Wild Carrot does not affect alter egos.

Automatons that can cast enhancing or healing magic will not cast either on alter egos.

Wyverns' Healing Breath has no effect on alter egos.

Alter egos that autoattack enemies afflicted with the following status ailments do not receive the accompanying effects.
    Drain Daze / Haste Daze / Aspir Daze

The ability Phantom Roll has no effect on alter egos.

Alter egos' enmity is not reduced when using the weapon skill Super Jump during the effects of the ability Spirit Surge.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Heres my observations, i'll be recapping everything.

*You can summon up to 3 alter egos
    *They can only be used solo and lock the party menu when out
    *They leave if you zone, or click them and hit the release command
    *Alter Egos are summoned via spells and take about 2-3 seconds to cast
    *They all have 4 minute recast
    *You cannot summon them during combat

Note you can have Kupipi run out of mp, release, then resummon her with full mp to eliminate downtime.

*Outside of combat they will automatically begin to rest and heal hp/mp like players but you can still move them and it won't stop.
    *Alter Egos need to be resummoned to update their stats/abilities/spells if you leveled up.
    *They all seem to learn spells and abilities at the same level player jobs would.
    *Their abilties and spells share the same recast times as player jobs do.
    *Alter Egos will only attack when you Engage a target. They will change targets to whatever you're fighting, and stop dead if you disengage, this includes stopping in the middle of a spell.
    *Alter Egos will not cast spells outside of combat
    *Excenmille and Naji seem to have a tendency to skillchain.
    *You can cure them with Curing Waltz, Divine Waltz, and Healing Waltz, but Sambas and all of the other things mentioned above are bugged.

For Individual observations I used the 3 starter NPC and leveled from 33-45 in Qufim and Garlaige Citadel

*Excenmille is a Paladin but uses a spear, when engaging a target he will open up with flash, uses sentinel, and cure himself to keep hate. Interesting he seems to prefer Leg Sweep as his weaponskill for the stun, but only used double thrust when I was fighting bats which are weak to piercing damage.

*Naji is a Warrior with a Rapier, he open up all fights with provoke and if hate is lost and provoke is up he will use it to maintain hate. He can double attack but doesn't seem to use Warcry, Berserk, or Defender oddly. The only weapon skill he seems to use is Red Lotus Blade.

*Kupipi is a White Mage and opens up with Protectra and Shellra of the highest level available to her if its not up followed by whm debuffs except dia. She prefers to heal at 60-75% of hp lost and uses the highest tier of cure available to her. She also spams erase if anyone has something but starts with you and goes down the list. Her main weapon skill is Starlight and Moonlight. She seems to have to same recast as players do on her spells and does NOT have any individual timers like automatons have, so go go cure spam after a AoE. Additionally wherever she is planted when you engage a target she will stay there and not move.

All of their stats are pretty high it seems. The whole system is pretty amazing and the perfect alternative to simply nerfing and balancing all of the old game areas to be casual friendly. The only thing they need now is more alter ego options and the option to summon one per person when with other players for
    Spoiler: show
    fun