• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 151 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

FFXI Nostalgia/Why did I ever stop playing!?/Let's all go back to 2009/Never forget Kujata Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    i think we were all a bit insane in our XI days.
    Oh the days of farming sea on BLM for organs for obis.....and torques.....and ix'mnk pops for merc cape :<

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Aurara View Post
    Oh the days of farming sea on BLM for organs for obis.....and torques.....and ix'mnk pops for merc cape :<

Has AV been defeated yet? I remember during Aht-Urgan my linkshell got him down below 10% then BENEDICTION! Had a few members quit the game that day.

Legitimately though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by myreality View Post
    Has AV been defeated yet? I remember during Aht-Urgan my linkshell got him down below 10% then BENEDICTION! Had a few members quit the game that day.

Legitimately though.
    Are you aware that the level cap in FFXI was raised when all the Abyssea expansions were introduced? Gear ilvl now goes at least as high as 119. I played for a couple of months last year and AV is a fun mob to farm with a few friends pretty much, sadly aside from Aureole it doesn't have any useful drops anymore either.

EDIT had to google to check the dates, AV did get killed in the last couple of months of 75 cap when Alexander summon was introduced. Alex came out in March 2010 and level caps started go up in June. Alex has the Perfect Defense 2h that makes you immune to pretty much all status ailments and greatly reduces damage you take for a short time so you could rotate SV songs, pop PD and zerg kill it before it got to Benediction. PD's protective effect deteriorates quickly so it was a race against time. It was never killed in the way SE intended in that super helpful video they posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilia View Post
    Are you aware that the level cap in FFXI was raised when all the Abyssea expansions were introduced? Gear ilvl now goes at least as high as 119. I played for a couple of months last year and AV is a fun mob to farm with a few friends pretty much, sadly aside from Aureole it doesn't have any useful drops anymore either.

EDIT had to google to check the dates, AV did get killed in the last couple of months of 75 cap when Alexander summon was introduced. Alex came out in March 2010 and level caps started go up in June. Alex has the Perfect Defense 2h that makes you immune to pretty much all status ailments and greatly reduces damage you take for a short time so you could rotate SV songs, pop PD and zerg kill it before it got to Benediction. PD's protective effect deteriorates quickly so it was a race against time. It was never killed in the way SE intended in that super helpful video they posted.
    Surprising absolutely no one. Of course players couldn't do it like they did - the trick was zooming in on the day/time part of the UI, and players don't have that ability in game. Fucking SE. ><

You guys are bring back some painful, repressed memories.... stop it...

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

For all the shit we talked (and still talk) about SE, I really do miss that fucking game ... but I miss it in like, 2009. I never played after the level cap increase and I never wanted to. My WHM and RDM were 100% done at 75 and the thought of having gain 24 more levels to them over a period of time and completely re-gear them honestly made me want to throw up.

Still, I'd love to log in and see my character one more time, if only just to swap into my gearsets (ugh I'd have to write a new spellcast) and enjoy everything I accomplished. Too bad my account went poof a long time ago though.

Obligatory pic

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

my account should still be there. i played a bit after the lvl cap increases. it was surprisingly fun, but i ended up spending most of my time solofarming sea because i never did much sea and didn't have the torques... and those are still important for samurai.

the new lvling was actually quite fun i thought. you could get exp/merit points SO much faster than before. i got sam and pld to 90 and finally maxed out almost all of my merits within the first week. i think i still had like the HP/MP merits to go or some shit.

man now i wanna play

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Aurara has been lost to the abyss that is LM-17

RIP corsair ix'mnk farming

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Thing that annoyed me about AV is we never really verified the locking of AV's 2 hours.

Apparently there was a short window after AV uses a 2 hour where players can use 2 hours and lock it, but it was never truly verified whether:

1. Only the 2 hour AV just used can be locked.
    2. Whether all 2 hours can be locked if used within that (~2 second?) window.
    3. What mechanisms caused to be re-unlocked (AV appeared to be able to un-lock those abilities again once he got through the transformation trigger points (bracelets/etc).

Additionally, and most annoyingly, SE never explained how their team got past the 66%(?) meteor spam, so it didn't even matter if we locked 2 hours.

As for PW:

I loved PW. LOVED IT. But it pissed me off that they just set a 2 hour limit on it (so you're likely to lose the pop if you wipe/etc), instead of just reducing the 37 different forms it had in the first implementation.

After playing some blizzard games, it's finally apparent to me how little SE actually listed to, or gave a fuck about, their customers. However at the same time, the tedium and pain of getting your character up (for even marginal gains) made me value the character so much more.

But alas, I wasted so many god damn hours on this game, and I never want to do that again.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    the new lvling was actually quite fun i thought. you could get exp/merit points SO much faster than before. i got sam and pld to 90 and finally maxed out almost all of my merits within the first week. i think i still had like the HP/MP merits to go or some shit.

man now i wanna play
    At the risk of turning this into reminiscing thread, I had hella fun for a few months last year. Went back mainly to finish WotG storyline which I never got done the first time around and did some of the new Adoulin end game with old friends. It's not the same game it was pre-Abyssea and SE is not the same company. They have done a buttload of quality of life adjustments over the last couple of years. There's a telepoint system for easy transport, overall increased movement speed, trust NPCs, MOG GARDEN! (a garden you can have and you randomly get goddamn sky/sea god pop items from and also other goodies) I can't remember all of it... oh yeah AH is actually easy to use now. And it's so much fun to do things that were annoying at 75 cap like Walk of Echoes and solo it all. But it's still PS2 limitation land on some aspects. You can't jump (fuck those invisible fences in Promy and stairs in Ordelles), doors won't open, you can sell/send very limited items etc. and drops are determined by a random number generator. After a while you remember you are repeating things you already did in 2004.

Overall it was worth it for a little while for just running around with these two in tow. Also Shantotto.
    Spoiler: show

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I spent so much of my life in FFXI. Years I can't get back, but I can't deny I had some fucking amazing times. Remember sky farming? Byakko's Haidate dropping was a SS-worthy event at one point eons ago.
    http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...913_011953.jpg

I miss those people. A lot.

Regarding ffxi, buddy said you can basically lvl to max on a fucking skeleton quest now in bastok mines or something? So sad if true, gone are the days of grind-grind!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Regarding ffxi, buddy said you can basically lvl to max on a fucking skeleton quest now in bastok mines or something? So sad if true, gone are the days of grind-grind!
    Under spoiler since this really should be RIT and not nostalgia-bomb-for-FFXI

Spoiler: show

I can only think that they meant Ground Tomes. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Grounds_of_Valor tl;dr ad infinitum repeatable target of killing x and y mobs for z XP. If you have a high level alt/friend to slaughter the mobs you can blast low-level character up very quickly and they are not so bad to do at your own level either. Plus there's Records of Eminence system that is similar to FFXIV's Challenge Log only better as many things in it are repeatable and can boost your XP gain considerably. Level 30+ you can enter Abyssea and that place is just broken for XP. And then Adoulin has the coalition assignments you can do at any level that yield XP/bayld (Adoulin "conquest points"). They go up to 20k a pop iirc and the easiest ones literally involve just taking a waypoint warp from A to B and then back to A or handing in materials to the NPC. Yeah... all my city mules dinged 50 while I was just getting them bayld to pay for mog garden upgrades.

You could say there is no XP grind as such or rather there is more versatility in how you choose to grind. LFGing for hours on end and then teaming up with five others and hiking to the ass end of the world to XP for half an hour until the WHM DCs is not your only option anymore. Trust NPCs have made leveling alone or with just one or two friends super easy. If you have an established character that has done all the level cap quests previously and has Abyssea access you can do 1-99 in a few days without even stressing about it. Skilling up your melee or magic skills is going to take longer though.

Ah screw it, nostalgia bomb pictures

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Man don't get me started on ffxi. I have no regrets and ffxi will always be a very good memory for me. Tricen got LM11d or something the other day. Let a friend use the acct, but it's no big deal. I had no intentions on resubbing, I did manage to get a few final SSs though. I really hope I have old SSs saved somewhere. It was easily the best game I've ever played.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...AL._SY300_.jpg

FFXI was amazing, had a rank 10 with 2 jobs already leveled in 2005 and got banned; made another character and held it through 2014 before retiring for good. And to think I only played the game originally because it came with a 1 month free trial on the PS2 HDD I bought to install extra socom maps on.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

fuck I miss arenz LOL

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm still playing. I'm playing... right... now...

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

probably easier to play XIV tbh. unless they have a downloadable installer for POL/XI, i'd have to fish out my old CDs

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I wasted way too much time soloing shit I shouldn't have been soloing as a Summoner. I remember soloing the Bloodsword NM for the first time at a level I should not have been fighting it at.. Took me over 4 hours but damn was I happy when it died.

Wonder if I still have those screenshots.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

nevar 4get... einharjar