BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Community Project: Celebration of FFXI's 15th anniversary, to be sent to the dev team

Hello to the FFXI English community!

So 2017 marks not just the 30th anniversary of the Final Fantasy series, but the 15th anniversary of Final Fantasy XI as well. That's right, FFXI has been around for half the time as of the entire series!

In recognition and celebration of this momentous event, /r/ffxi would like to organize a community project as a thank you to the FFXI dev team and Square Enix as a whole. To participate, please fill out the Google Form below. You can also directly email us via the email address provided at the bottom of the form.

Fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/hREV6TvyXPZkxdTg1

We have a little under 2 months to gather your heartfelt messages and compile them into a format that we'll send over to the FFXI dev team. (The format we use will be announced at a later date when we review what kind of media ends up submitted to us by players)

If FFXI has impacted you in any way in the past or present, please submit a personal message of yours via the above form. We recommend also including a screenshot or fanart of yours which you can email to us (see bottom of form).

Thank you to the FFXI dev team for making a game that has impacted me so greatly over the last 15 years, and thank you to the players for making it such a brilliant community & supporting the game all these years allowing it to continue.

In May we will be sending your compiled messages to our contact at Square Enix to present to the FFXI dev team.

(As a note, you can edit your existing submission as well as submit multiple entries if needed.)

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

From the number of rate downs in the Reddit thread. I assume the devs don't want me to thank them for making doing the dirty with FF players possible.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    From the number of rate downs in the Reddit thread. I assume the devs don't want me to thank them for making doing the dirty with FF players possible.
    I don't get why you get downvoted so much on that sub. Nothing you say is really downvote worthy from what I've seen the past few months. You just say it how it is.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I think they don't appreciate your style of humor

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Players as in more than 1?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Can i send this one - "Thanks FFXI devs, selling gil and accounts from your game put me thru college!"?

I think someone should just copy paste the crystal-religion dude's post from a few months ago

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    I don't get why you get downvoted so much on that sub. Nothing you say is really downvote worthy from what I've seen the past few months. You just say it how it is.
    What Spira said below. I enjoy telling them like it is because honestly a lot of them just come off like a bunch of sensitive fucking nerds. Being a nerd myself and like many of you, I find their levels to be cringe worthy. Frankly I was trying to incite some lols on there, but at least there was one nugget of a response from it:

Spoiler: show

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Players as in more than 1?
    Of course, and hey Dasva we all know you have too. Let's get a coalition going for this.

Quote Originally Posted by steellord View Post
    Can i send this one - "Thanks FFXI devs, selling gil and accounts from your game put me thru college!"?

I think someone should just copy paste the crystal-religion dude's post from a few months ago
    Sounds like a winner to me, but hey.

Dude not for nothing but you're just as cringey when you tryhard on that subreddit. Even more so since you're doing it while thinking you're better than the others.

Used to be a nice quiet sub but it's turned to shit in the past year. Mods gave up on having a megathread every other day so now the sub is filled with the same retard questions every single day.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I barely visit the FFXI sub on Reddit, but I can say with confidence the Ryan deserves all the hate he earns everywhere.

For instance, look at this thread. Spira wanted community assistance making a tribute to FFXI and now it has turned into a thread about how everyone hates Ryan. Plus one reason to hate Ryan.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Of course, and hey Dasva we all know you have too. Let's get a coalition going for this.
    Hey I didn't know. Bet my kill count is higher!

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Commskywalker View Post
    Dude not for nothing but you're just as cringey when you tryhard on that subreddit. Even more so since you're doing it while thinking you're better than the others.

Used to be a nice quiet sub but it's turned to shit in the past year. Mods gave up on having a megathread every other day so now the sub is filled with the same retard questions every single day.
    First sentence is true, overall. Second is not, I don't think I am better than other people.

The mega thread is there everyday, not sure which megathread would prevent ignorance and laziness though.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    For instance, look at this thread. Spira wanted community assistance making a tribute to FFXI and now it has turned into a thread about how everyone hates Ryan. Plus one reason to hate Ryan.
    They are actually getting their assistance. In this case bad publicity is good publicity because it generates traffic to the submission link. Which apparently is generating a good amount of submissions according to an edit in the OP on Reddit. This thread is inconsequential as the OP is all that matters here. It isn't like the submissions are supposed to be in this thread.

No one else needed a new reason though either. Pretty sure minds were made up

Hey I didn't know. Bet my kill count is higher!
    Probably, slut.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

lol if its a genuine response (like it put you through college) i'm quite sure we can still use parts of that somehow.

the more we have to work with the better, i think.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    lol if its a genuine response (like it put you through college) i'm quite sure we can still use parts of that somehow.

the more we have to work with the better, i think.
    Oh it was genuine. I truly am grateful for that (along with the memories of course). But i don't think they would appreciate gratitude from someone who made more off their game than they did, sitting on a couch or asleep no less

Guess i could whip something up about the memories...or leave out the RMT part

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Done!

I mentioned how I initially couldn't stand FFXI as a result of some unrealistic expectations going into it, but was glad I gave it another chance later on as it allowed me to reconnect with an old friend and subsequently meet other great people.

Without FFXI, we'd of never of got throw some ridills on some shit

Send the link to the developers and never forget

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I met my (now-ex)wife in East Saruta. FFXI/SE is responsible for me having a daughter.
    Beat that. XD

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I met my (now-ex)wife in East Saruta. FFXI/SE is responsible for me having a daughter.
    Beat that. XD
    I work on a NASA project pretty much because of FFXI. Ha!

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

A Kraken Club paid for four nights and five days of partying in Las Vegas for me in 2009. That's probably my best memory.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Some people thought I should show up to Guam early since great place to spend a vacation and maybe report into my boat early which was heading a great port. But I'm lazy and ffxi more important so F that. It got into a major crash a few days before I got to island. ffxi may have helped save me from serious harm/death

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Some people thought I should show up to Guam early since great place to spend a vacation and maybe report into my boat early which was heading a great port. But I'm lazy and ffxi more important so F that. It got into a major crash a few days before I got to island. ffxi may have helped save me from serious harm/death
    Too bad we can't get those "I was playing FFXI instead of flying on September 11th" posts.