1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 5 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 hours, 17 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bloodstorm Prep     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Bloodstorm Prep

How ya'll prepping for the expansion? (in game only)

So far I've collected:

Besides the ring, full Ironworks ilvl130 str set, with tome+thing to upgrade the weapon
    Been farming Shiva EX for the STR ring, but it's not coming ... too lazy to farm FCOB ...

RDM are using INT right? I done a bit of research but still can't find a confirmation besides positive speculation. Some are suggesting a mix of DEX INT but nah THAT'S TOO CONFUSING FOR ME NEW PLAYER I AM CERTIFIED CASUAL

(also tome+thing too for RDM ironworks weapon)

** on second thoughts, I need to grab Shiva's INT ring too...

(I could buy a second iron works right but I don't wanna do that lol)

I'm 99/99 in Palace, lets see which weapon looks nice and I'll upgrade them as necessary.

500+ venture coins

I might break down and purchase the ilvl190 crafting and gathering sets... not too sure if I need to as I'll probably leve-level them up to 70 anyways, but it might be an advantage for the first 3-4 levels maybe. Otherwise I'll just attempt to craft NQ versions of them and call it a day. They do look kinda cool...

Capped PvP marks (although I believe they won't introduce new sets on the old tiers/seasons?)

can't think of anything, I'm willing to steal ideas off people

edit: I think I spelt the expansion wrong, my bad if so; I always get it confused

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm being lazy and just settled for full i130 caster/mnk iron/dreadwyrm set (the quest to unlock the new jobs should net us a weapon) for lvl50 SAM/RDM, and a full i270 Caster+MNK set + 16 A12S tokens set aside for i275 weapons when they're available for lvl60.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I might break down and purchase the ilvl190 crafting and gathering sets...
    If I remember right, from going 50>60 crafting ARR>HW, things should be tuned that you'll be able to get away with crafting 60>64 using an omni-carbonweave set that's melded, but after, you'll need to bootstrap into newly released crafting gear.
    I was still using max-meld i55 accessories up to right before going Ironworks, because those non-CP stats add up and outweigh a few more CP (and re-melding is always a pain).

You probably want to stockpile mhaci matter/demimatter, and T4 materia (or scrip to turn into materia). Also 2.0 Ixali oakknots for throwaway T1-3 materia for melding leveling crafting gear. (Do Not, Use T4/5 Materia, On Gear You Won't Stay In For 3 Months Or Longer.)

I'm not too worried about gearing SAM/RDM. I'll likely get more than enough tomestones doing roulettes for leveling DRG. (Let it be a lesson people, if you have a combat job retainer, make it the same as your main, or forever have a priority #2 albatross around your neck at the top of each expansion.)

My priority is, GET HOUSE > MSQ/Main > DRG > Gather/Craft > SAM/RDM > Other.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Stormblood

RDM is INT confirmed 100% yes.

Is there really much point in worry about getting great lv50 gear since the majority of leveling to 60 will likely come from potd anyways? Unless you just WANT to do dungeons obviously.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

You might still need some cards/minions/orchestrion rolls.
    May as well get them AND exp, rather than just grinding the dungeon for loot.

For example, doing fates for your last relic light rune is dumb.
    Doing fates for your last relic light rune AND the last 100 fates you need for the 3k fate cheevo, is fuckin' smart.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Shiva EX doesn't drop ring, only 120 bracelets.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honest to god once you hit lv70 + new tome gear+1 A12S should be a cakewalk to learn and farm.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Stormsblood

RDM is INT confirmed 100% yes.

Is there really much point in worry about getting great lv50 gear since the majority of leveling to 60 will likely come from potd anyways? Unless you just WANT to do dungeons obviously.
    Hey you got a cutie that is a healer, abuse those dungeon queue times with her plus take all the loot for future jobs once it's a higher ilvl/stats more worthwhile.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm talking 50-60 only tho

I'm obviously going to take advantage of that sweet healer queue for 60-70

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I'm not worried about gathering gear for RDM/SAM.
    I'm going to level AST first unless its playstyle has drastically changed, and even if I don't PotD the new jobs to 70, it's not like lv50 gear is hard to come by. I do have a lot of dungeon gear squirreled away on my retainers for glamour purposes, so I could probably piece together a decent set just from that.

My prep for Stormblood has been focused on "finishing" as much of the game as possible, at least to the extent that I can be assed to do it. That means checking off every box that can possibly be checked off as far as the current content. Of course, I am still missing stuff. But it's not "a lot" compared to most players' achievement rates. I still have some fish to catch though and they can be a real pita as it's all rng

My priority list is also getting a Shirogane house when it comes out > new content > job levels. But I think my top priority is to try out all the jobs again and figure out which one I now like the most, after all the massive changes. And to have fun while it's all still fresh :D

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    Shiva EX doesn't drop ring, only 120 bracelets.
    FUCK I NEVER NOTICED

Stopping the grind right now.
    (yes i totally didn't see BRACELET in the item)

About POTD levelling, I'll do it, but not spam it. But I intend to weave other things like fates dungeons into it (masochist, I know...) lol.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm not preparing at all this time. Only just picked the game back up, just farting around in PotD. I made enough money when Heavenward came out, so I'm not gonna worry about that either. Just going at this expansion super casually.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erilsa Angeldust
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

2 books left until the set of 8 Alex4s for samurai weapon. Have a 270 set for striking sorted. And most of my i130 because for some reason I never traded in most of my dreadwyrm striking set. Finished my mentor roulette achievements I had set for myself awhile ago so I'm just doing roulettes randomly.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I'm not preparing at all this time. Only just picked the game back up, just farting around in PotD. I made enough money when Heavenward came out, so I'm not gonna worry about that either. Just going at this expansion super casually.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    I am not even buying the expansion this time until i see some awesome stuff. Heavensward was just too dissapointing. I'll prolly dive in 2-3 monht later if something promising hit the update.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You could wait until 4.5 hits and they start discounting the shit out of Stormblood and have 1-2 months of content to casually wade through.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    You could wait until 4.5 hits and they start discounting the shit out of Stormblood and have 1-2 months of content to casually wade through.
    Then have trouble doing content because people kick when they see the 'new player' message

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

i'm almost thinking to myself now, what's the point in getting gear when you can just potd naked til 70? fuck that place is cancer, it irks me to know that there's no point in gear until endgame anyways. By choice, i'm prolly going to be one of those poor saps that want to do dungeons and actually care about gear. So many scrubs are going to be powerleveled to 70 anyways. fuck you yoshi-p, not for creating potd, but to actually allow it to be a source of gaining exp outside of it. Content would've prolly been dead otherwise because it uses a different lvling system.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Are we even sure PotD is even going to be a fast leveling system for 60->70? Doesn't it get pretty thin on the exp it provides as you approach 60?

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Are we even sure PotD is even going to be a fast leveling system for 60->70? Doesn't it get pretty thin on the exp it provides as you approach 60?
    I vaguely recall Yoshida stating in an interview that they expected a lot of people would use POTD for levelling at stormblood start, so I would expect so.

as for preparations;

4k+ ventures
    around 600 Grade 5 Carbonized Matters
    around 1500 Grade 4 Carbonized Matters
    just short of 1k Grade 3 Carbonized Matters
    99 LQs stocked up
    most currencies almost topped
    99/99 on the potd weapon/armor
    around 30 mhachi matter, 20 mhachi demimatter, and 33 gemorran potsherds
    No clue how much DOL/DOH materia has been stockpiled.
    1200 NQ cordials and 400 HQ.

and a bunch of alts with tonnes of materials of various sorts from all crafts (actually cleaned some inventory!)

Bring it on!

(and of course I am attenting a science festival the first week of release... but fuck it, Stephen Hawking and Neil DeGrasse Tyson will be there, such shitty timing!)

Old Merits
    BG Level

I personally expect potd to give less exp the more you get towards 70 or right from 60 on.
    Leading into actually wanting to do MS & Co.
    Spamming POTD isnt as much fun as Fate/Dungeon/MS
    XPing was.

Also: I prepared with nothing but playing Zelda, MK8, drinking
    and spamming Tetris. Will be on par with people
    that prepared like crazy with playing wohle weekend.