+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Final Fantasy Record Keeper MMXVII-2: The sequel thread we never asked for

Bard motes are nowhere to be seen in the foreseeable future. Krile, Eiko and Deuce would love them for Magicite dungeons after all. Mog and Kefka still don't have their Record Spehre grids. Game is dying.

At least Curilla and Ayame got their MC3s.

A lot of us are on the BG discord server. Occasionally we try and get Multiplayer groups up but most of the time we're busy driving, working, or doing other things that we ignore our phones. We do give each other advice on party builds and the like. And we all go "God Damn it Lani" when she posts a pull. We help newer people who then post their ffrk central profile, and we collectively state "You have Wall, Shout, and Medica... You're set," more often than not.

Useful links:
    5* mote tracker
    MisterP's pdf
    Relic banner schedule and relic info

Enjoy the 30th anniversary event and Magicite dungeons.
    NEVER FORGET G11/11 KEEPER'S CHOICE VOL 1 (July 20, 2017 6am PDT - July 20, 2017 4pm PDT)

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Bard motes are nowhere to be seen in the foreseeable future. Krile, Eiko and Deuce would love them for Magicite dungeons after all. Mog and Kefka still don't have their Record Spehre grids. Game is dying.

At least Curilla and Ayame got their MC3s.

A lot of us are on the BG discord server. Occasionally we try and get Multiplayer groups up but most of the time we're busy driving, working, or doing other things that we ignore our phones. We do give each other advice on party builds and the like. And we all go "God Damn it Lani" when she posts a pull. We help newer people who then post their ffrk central profile, and we collectively state "You have Wall, Shout, and Medica... You're set," more often than not.

Useful links:
    5* mote tracker
    MisterP's pdf(last updated in June, but still has a lot of info)
    Relic banner schedule and relic info

Enjoy the 30th anniversary event and Magicite dungeons.
    NEVER FORGET G11/11 KEEPER'S CHOICE VOL 1 (July 20, 2017 6am PDT - July 20, 2017 4pm PDT)
    Don't forget typical Tyrath post about how you do what when he has every relics

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

"hmm, i have <insert top-tier relic that people whaled hundreds of dollars on and failed to get>, never used it... is it any good?'

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Do we know when the next Spellblade motes come? It seems I have 0, so I guess we got them before I was able to start tackling higher level content. :/

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Do we know when the next Spellblade motes come? It seems I have 0, so I guess we got them before I was able to start tackling higher level content. :/
    FFV torment I think

BG Level

So I have no idea how to use Faris now

SBs are

Sea Lord Barrage (AOE Atk + MAG down)
    BSB (single target FB), C1 ATK down, C2 MAG down
    And now her USB2

The good news is that they all stack, the bad news is no idea how to cycle those 3 SBs

Also I'm guessing its good to Fully LD her? (I don't have any LMR for her) but i got enough to fully LD her

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    So I have no idea how to use Faris now

SBs are

Sea Lord Barrage (AOE Atk + MAG down)
    BSB (single target FB), C1 ATK down, C2 MAG down
    And now her USB2

The good news is that they all stack, the bad news is no idea how to cycle those 3 SBs

Also I'm guessing its good to Fully LD her? (I don't have any LMR for her) but i got enough to fully LD her
    It's probably a simple matter of forgoing her "damage" output, equipping a breakdown of choice + wrath and Ace Striker. Should easily be able to keep 2 up without any diving, probabaly all 3 with some debuff duration.

Since you have her BSB as well, might be able to even forego the breakdown and just do double wrath or a dance when you need it.

Contemplating whether to even worry about 30th now outside the free pulls and LD, grab some IV synergy next week, and then just hunker down for Meliadoul.

On the plus side, Bartz is going from lvl 1 dived to full dived. Took more mythril than I wanted, but his elemental ability output for 2/3rds of magicite dungeons helps me shore up a lot of teams.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    It's probably a simple matter of forgoing her "damage" output, equipping a breakdown of choice + wrath and Ace Striker. Should easily be able to keep 2 up without any diving, probabaly all 3 with some debuff duration.

Since you have her BSB as well, might be able to even forego the breakdown and just do double wrath or a dance when you need it.

Contemplating whether to even worry about 30th now outside the free pulls and LD, grab some IV synergy next week, and then just hunker down for Meliadoul.

On the plus side, Bartz is going from lvl 1 dived to full dived. Took more mythril than I wanted, but his elemental ability output for 2/3rds of magicite dungeons helps me shore up a lot of teams.
    Yeah might LD her and go Wrath + Mug bloodlust

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

She is also gonna be even better LD when the 50% Wall Break and Reverse Wall Break dances land. They are 10 sec duration, but her LM2 makes them 14 sec and saves a SB charge by not using Sea Lord Barrage.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yeah for cycling multiples you just slap a wrath on her + an ability of your choice. it's usually armor breakdown, mug, or affliction break for me.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Wrath. Answer to everything.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

so here's a question -- is it ever worth using a non-synergy weapon with an elemental boost over a synergy piece? i got dorgann's sword with the wind boost, but i also already have good weapons (that cloud can use, mainly) for most realms. is there a rule of thumb attack value you need to exceed where the raw stats outperform the elemental boost? FWIW i always run an elemental boost armor since i think i have more than enough to outfit an entire team at this point.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

If you are above the attack soft cap with buffs, then +element damage > higher atk. It's the same rationale why you go Truthseeker or Love's wake over a +ATK RM. I guess the exception to the rule is when you're trying to get to higher ATK for Omega Drive/Lifebane.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    so here's a question -- is it ever worth using a non-synergy weapon with an elemental boost over a synergy piece? i got dorgann's sword with the wind boost, but i also already have good weapons (that cloud can use, mainly) for most realms. is there a rule of thumb attack value you need to exceed where the raw stats outperform the elemental boost? FWIW i always run an elemental boost armor since i think i have more than enough to outfit an entire team at this point.
    If you can hit the soft cap, elemental boost weapons will out damage synergy weapons. For physical teams that's pretty easy to hit. Magic is a little more complicated since the soft cap is so high. Below the soft cap the elemental boost translates to around 30-40 points in the relevant stat. I usually go with elemental boost weapons even if I can't quite hit the soft cap.

Elemental boost weapons are really good to use rosetta stones on since it'll make it easier to hit the soft cap.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

DU update renewal coming up in JP which adds a bunch of extra stuff for newer players (mainly souls and lodes), removes some trash stages and also changes something about RWs. No, this won't reset the rewards so no new shards or mythril to gain here. If you have them cleared they'll send some stuff to your box depending on how much you've done. Hopefully they're preparing for some final boss stuff, it's long overdue.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

What do you mean by removing trash stages?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Teryu View Post
    Probably straight to boss round

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ahh that would make sense. There really are a ton of fights where they add dungeon monsters where there never were.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Teryu View Post
    The exact wording was "reducing trash" but we don't have a concrete answer yet. I'm guessing some of the old dungeons will see some of their trash stages reduced to the standard 2 we have now in newer ones if they're not removing them altogether.

BG Level

Does that mean RIP Vector Streets RM Farming arena?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast