Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Vejita's resolve doe!!!!
    Begita

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Since they don't give actual information I'm not gonna go at any lengths to say he's stronger than Frieza in the Namek saga, for example, but he shits on anything in the Saiyan saga.

So back when they actually used to document power levels, Goku's was 8,000 in the Saiyan saga.

This puts Kaioken x4 at 32,000

Gero's robot bug thing was keeping track of this fight (it didn't go to Namek though)

https://i.imgur.com/CHLw063.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/v2zc83W.jpg

When the androids came, not only did Yamcha's power exceed measurement they've taken (Since Goku was fucking with the RR army since the beginning of time, safe to assume they're counting him as human), Yamcha at bare minimum far exceeds 32k

Now, if "Human" aka ningen just applies to mortals, like the way Zamasu uses it, then it great ape Vegeta is also included. 18k power level with 10x multiplier = 180,000

Seeing how ningen has been used later in the series where non "human" characters are being called human aka mortal, based on the known information and the manga scans, Yamcha far exceeds great ape Vegeta in the Cell saga, which really wouldn't be far fetched after king kai's planet and then 3 years of training, knowing the androids were coming
    The thing is, given that he watched the Goku vs Vegeta battle where Vegeta was obviously an alien, it's possible that Gero knew that Goku wasn't an alien, and thus wouldn't count him under "known human data". Thus, the lower limit goes down to merely stronger than the strongest human there, likely Tien (maybe 1500-2000ish).

Yamcha at 5k or 10k would still be far exceeding any known human data, and would fit that statement. They might have just assumed after sensing Yamcha that it meant Goku just didn't get any stronger from then, or was suppressing his energy.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    The thing is, given that he watched the Goku vs Vegeta battle where Vegeta was obviously an alien, it's possible that Gero knew that Goku wasn't an alien, and thus wouldn't count him under "known human data". Thus, the lower limit goes down to merely stronger than the strongest human there, likely Tien (maybe 1500-2000ish).

Yamcha at 5k or 10k would still be far exceeding any known human data, and would fit that statement. They might have just assumed after sensing Yamcha that it meant Goku just didn't get any stronger from then, or was suppressing his energy.
    Even so, they still have Goku clocked in at 32k with kaioken x4, calculated his potential increase over the years, and still thought Yamcha was Goku when they first detected a power that high.

If they clocked Goku at 32k and Yamcha is walking around at 5 or 10k, they wouldn't have said "It is none other than Son Goku"

Him being at Goku's level in the Saiyan saga is the absolute minimum (and again, they projected his growth patterns over the years, so that can also include this; which would put him even stronger than that)

People just like to shit on Yamcha for the sake of shitting on Yamcha.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Except they saw Goku go up past 30k with kaio ken, and they said they assumed Yamcha was Goku.

During the father son kamehameha, Yamcha was shooting at Cell. Cell shot energy back at him to knock him away. Are you assuming that blast was at a lower than 30k level? Cells power was in the billions then. If Yamcha was that low, he would have been disintegrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Except they saw Goku go up past 30k with kaio ken, and they said they assumed Yamcha was Goku.

During the father son kamehameha, Yamcha was shooting at Cell. Cell shot energy back at him to knock him away. Are you assuming that blast was at a lower than 30k level? Cells power was in the billions then. If Yamcha was that low, he would have been disintegrated.
    I mean, he was concentrating on Gohan, but any blast probably SHOULD have killed his ass.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

People trying to make sense of power levels in DB is just...meh.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Idk. Power levels weren't that bad in Z. They jumped up like fucking crazy, but they sorta followed a decent set of rules before super lol

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Since they don't give actual information I'm not gonna go at any lengths to say he's stronger than Frieza in the Namek saga, for example, but he shits on anything in the Saiyan saga.
    I don't follow power levels, but if I can throw something out there..

Android saga was when everyone first achieved SSJ(except for Goku who got sick anyway). While we may assume that Vegeta at that point already surpassed Namek SSJ Goku, it's worth noting that Yamcha seemed vastly inferior to that. So *maybe* I'd say it would be safe to assume that he couldn't beat Final Freeza.

In general though I think this show treats too many characters really unfairly just to make a point that Goku is awesome. Vegeta being an obvious one, but to me even someone like Krilin shouldn't get this wimp route; he was being shaped to be a badass during Sayian saga, and even on Namek imo he was a good character considering the situation...and yet they made him a crybaby now..meh.
    I like the show but I wish there was less Goku I guess(fun fact, when I was a child and they aired this on tv on some private channel I didn't even know the title of the anime and me and my brother would just call it "Goku" lol).

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Krillin was and still is an OG. Reigning, defending, and undisputed strongest Human around

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For now. We all know what's coming.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    Krillin was and still is an OG. Reigning, defending, and undisputed strongest Human around

Do the androids not count?

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Do the androids not count?
    Pretty sure you answered your own question...

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Uub would like to have a word with you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Since we're presently ignoring that Uub is a fighter of worth, he can respective keep quiet while the adults continue to talk.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Since we're presently ignoring that Uub is a fighter of worth, he can respective keep quiet while the adults continue to talk.

EoZ hasn't been retconned yet. He's still the strongest canon human, even excluding gt

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

We'll have this conversation if/when we get there. Several changes will undoubtedly need to be made but as of right now through the current foreseeable canon, Krillin is the Alpha Human.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

We'll have this conversation if/when we get there. Several changes will undoubtedly need to be made but as of right now through the current foreseeable canon, Krillin is the Alpha Human.

Nope. We have canon material that states otherwise. Speculation of what will be changed means nothing now. Uub is that strongest human spot. That may or may not be subject to change, but calling Krillin the undisputed strongest human is just an outright inaccurate statement.

If you want to say he's the strongest human currently in the series dragon ball super, I'll give you that. If you want to give him the title of the strongest canon DB human, nope he loses

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Uub is still an infant right? I wonder if he'll even be reintroduced in the future.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Pretty sure you answered your own question...
    But they're mostly human. I mean, born on earth, have internal organs and shit, both have reproduced and have kids too.

If they were cyborgs then I'd understand, but there's room for debate

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    But they're mostly human. I mean, born on earth, have internal organs and shit, both have reproduced and have kids too.

If they were cyborgs then I'd understand, but there's room for debate
    They are cyborgs; android is a mistranslation.

That said, I'm not going to count them just based on the fact they weren't even martial artists when they were operated on. Their power is pretty much completely from the robotics portion. Even 17 now in Super who's much stronger, it's due to the not running out of energy which isn't the human trait but Dr. Gero's given trait. He can just train all he wants and never get tired/have to rest or take a break.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast