+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Mass Effect Trilogy: Legendary Edition (May 14, 2021)

It’s tough keeping a big secret (and we really struggled to keep this one a surprise) but now it’s official: today we announced the Mass Effect Legendary Edition! We've heard (for years!) your requests for a Mass Effect remaster, so we're super happy to finally reveal that we've been working on a remastered edition of the Mass Effect trilogy.

For many months now, our team at BioWare has been hard at work updating the textures, shaders, models, effects and technical features of three enormous games. Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernize the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form. It's been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements. As game developers, we always hope that our games will transcend their original platforms. Having the opportunity to remaster the trilogy means that the fruits of a decade of our work will live on, and will be experienced better and clearer than ever before.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs - all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD. It will be available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. More information to come in the new year!

Meanwhile here at BioWare, a veteran team has been hard at work envisioning the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe. We are in early stages on the project and can't say any more just yet, but we’re looking forward to sharing our vision for where we'll be going next.

For me personally, Mass Effect represents years of work and countless special memories, so every year I feel incredibly fortunate to celebrate N7 Day with players around the world. Thank you so much for supporting us over the years. I can't wait to continue our adventure together - revisiting our favorite memories in the Mass Effect universe, and creating brand new ones!

Casey
    I’m Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite remaster on the Citadel.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Between 3 and Andromeda I can't believe there's much good will left for this series. Would have thought moving on to a new project would have been the smarter move.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anthem was supposed to be that next project. Didn’t work out well.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I was just replaying Mass Effect 2. I really don't think I need to replay anything else in the series.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Between 3 and Andromeda I can't believe there's much good will left for this series.
    nah fuck that i still adore the trilogy, and 3 has some of the best moments in the series. shitted up the ending but the added stuff makes it a little better, and Citadel makes for a perfect non-ending actual ending. i played 1-3 back-to-back-to-back about 5 years ago and it remains one of the great vidya experiences of my life.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah outside of the ending 3 was fan-fucking-tastic, and the Citadel DLC was absolutely spectacular.

Andromeda still had some very solid combat, but the absolute shit show of a story and poor animation left it DOA

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You fuckers are gonna talk me into continuing my replay into 3.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Yeah outside of the ending 3 was fan-fucking-tastic, and the Citadel DLC was absolutely spectacular.

Andromeda still had some very solid combat, but the absolute shit show of a story and poor animation left it DOA
    Even then I thought andromeda had some interesting story ideas (terraforming etc) but the execution was shit

I will replay the hell out of these on nextgen

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Level

i will defend the Trilogy till i die but i didn't even make it out of the 10-hour demo for Andromeda, that game was a rancid, festering, catastrophe

combat was p good tho

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Out of all of this, I really want to see if they updated ME1 at all. It's so much more dated in so many aspects than 2 is. It's a bit rough. All of ME2 is a masterpiece and the same can be said about 3, aside from the ending.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That would match up to when Mass Effect 3 released in 2012 I think.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

THEY FIXED THE COMBAT AND MAKO HANDLING IN ME1

GAME OF THE YEAR FOR ALL YEARS

(This is mentioned in an article on one of the forbidden sites, the one that starts with an i)

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Did they fix how tedious planet scanning is in ME2? I had to mod it on my replay to gather all resources at once because fuck that noise.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    THEY FIXED THE COMBAT AND MAKO HANDLING IN ME1

GAME OF THE YEAR FOR ALL YEARS

(This is mentioned in an article on one of the forbidden sites, the one that starts with an i)
    EA.com is a forbidden site?

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect...ition/overview

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

One person is all that stands between humanity and the greatest threat it’s ever faced. BioWare, a studio of Electronic Arts, today revealed that the Mass Effect Legendary Edition will launch May 14 worldwide on PC via Origin and Steam, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with forward compatibility on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. The Mass Effect Legendary Edition features the single-player base content and 40+ downloadable content (DLC) story, weapons and armor packs from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3 and will allow players to relive the legend of Commander Shepard in 4K Ultra HD with HDR.

“It’s been an incredible journey revisiting the stories, characters and iconic moments of the Mass Effect trilogy, enhancing the experience for modern platforms while staying true to the spirit of the original,” said Mac Walters, Project Director on the Mass Effect Legendary Edition and lead writer of the original trilogy at BioWare. “Remastering a game, let alone three, is a huge undertaking as there’s over 100 hours of gameplay included, but we wanted to do this for our fans as well as a new generation of gamers looking to jump into the iconic story of Shepard.”

The Mass Effect Legendary Edition will deliver an enhanced visual experience featuring remastered character models and tens of thousands of up-ressed textures. Improvements to shaders and VFX, updated lighting and improved dynamic shadows, volumetrics and depth-of-field add a new level of immersion across the trilogy. Pre-rendered cinematics have also been enhanced to make every story moment feel even more impactful.

The original Mass Effect game features comprehensive world-building enhancements with added detail and depth to locations like Eden Prime, Ilos and Feros that players will explore in their journey across the galaxy. Mass Effect also includes updated interfaces and UI as well as a variety of quality of life improvements. In addition, combat and exploration are modernized through improved aiming, squad controls and behavior, Mako handling and cameras.

The Mass Effect Legendary Edition features unified character creation options that persists across all three titles and is complete with an improved and expanded selection of hair, makeup and skin tone options. The iconic Female Shepard default appearance from Mass Effect 3 is now available as the default female Shepard appearance in character creation in all three games, further adding to the unified experience across the trilogy.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They update the female Shepard model from ME3 to be in ME1 and ME2 so that’s neat.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

The collection 6Souls posted doesn't include the game btw, since that's apparently still a thing companies do

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast