+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Activision Blizzard Sued By California Over ‘Frat Boy’ Culture

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-...at-boy-culture

The suit also points to a female Activision employee who took her own life while on a company trip with her male supervisor. The employee had been subjected to intense sexual harassment prior to her death, including having nude photos passed around at a company holiday party, the complaint says.
    What the fuck?!

Edit: There's a fantastic post on Reddit with the report from the state of California, Activision Blizzard's statement, and social media posts from former Activision Blizzard employees.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They are being sued by the state of California. This is not some disgruntled former employee going for a money grab. This is some serious shit they are in.

This was after a two year investigation by the state, and the report is about a damning as it could possibly be. I can't imagine a scenario where any of the heads of blizzard survive this given the severity of the accusations.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Bweigelt View Post
    This was after a two year investigation by the state
    Might be the real reason so many high profile people have been leaving blizzard.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Jesus at those allegations.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Makes sense they'd have a frat boy mentality. They have their own campus.

I wonder how many old heads knew about it and were complicit. How many "heroes" that everyone champions as the "old guard" that were responsible for all things good at blizzard. The Kaplans. The Morhaimes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Seeing how Afriasiabi was basically OG WoW (hired March 2004) I can see them being aware of it all at some level. The story as I know it is WoW was made by old EQ nerds, so not a huge shocker the old mommy's basement crew aren't good at treating women like human beings.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Wonder if Rich Campbell knew about this prior to getting fired, I mean I know he was only an announcer but I would be interested to hear if he knew about this and was just afraid of retaliation if he said anything without proof.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I wonder how many old heads knew about it and were complicit. How many "heroes" that everyone champions as the "old guard" that were responsible for all things good at blizzard. The Kaplans.
    How dare you. Tigole Bitties is a goddamn treasure.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I wonder how many old heads knew about it and were complicit. How many "heroes" that everyone champions as the "old guard" that were responsible for all things good at blizzard. The Kaplans. The Morhaimes.
    The crazy part is they legitimately were a family company back in the day. They used to have daycare services, and the cafeteria was lined with high chairs for families to eat lunch together. Also did an annual trick or treat event on campus and did it like this cool crazy maze in the buildings (we used to take our kids there).

They had a doggy grass area in case people brought their dogs, too.

As years went by that stuff slowly went away.

Back then my husband tried so hard to get a job there. I am so thankful he didn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    How dare you. Tigole Bitties is a goddamn treasure.
    Like, I get that he's just a guy, but I swear the Overwatch community as a whole will not recover if "Papa Jeff" ends up being caught up in all this. It's unhealthy the way they deify that dude.

Kaplan, Morhaime, and Metzen were the three pillars of Blizzard. Way I see it, if any of them are involved in this then that's it for the company's legacy.

Edited OP to add this reddit post. It's got everything we know so far - the report from the state of California, Activision Blizzard's statement, and responses on social media from a bunch of former employees.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Kaplan left some time ago, I wonder if this is why and if it's because he's involved or because he didn't want to be around that anymore.

His departure feels weird to me. Happened just a short time after the OW2 announcement.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Like, I get that he's just a guy, but I swear the Overwatch community as a whole will not recover if "Papa Jeff" ends up being caught up in all this. It's unhealthy the way they deify that dude.
    ff nerds do the same thing with yoshi p, its weird

hopefully this turns into a come to jesus moment for blizz, i worry that Blizz will make Afriasiabi the public fall guy while the rest of the toxic old heads sign NDA's and fade into the darkness

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Kaplan left some time ago, I wonder if this is why and if it's because he's involved or because he didn't want to be around that anymore.

His departure feels weird to me. Happened just a short time after the OW2 announcement.
    Honestly, I lean towards Lucavi's suspicions that some of these iconic names were complicit or, at best, looked the other way. I mean hell, the reporting says this has been a two year investigation and Activision's statement makes it clear they were aware it was happening, so I'm skeptical of any higher-up who left in the last two years.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Kaplan, Morhaime, and Metzen were the three pillars of Blizzard. Way I see it, if any of them are involved in this then that's it for the company's legacy.
    There's no way they weren't. It sounds so reductive to always say "where's there's nothing but men running the show, women will suffer", but fuck, man, prove me wrong at this point. We know the default settings for thirsty males in general. Now give them complete power over people they employ.

So we've got Ubisoft, Riot, ActiBlizz confirmed to be run by a bunch of thirsty boys. Anyone else? Everyone else?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Jesus Blizzard can't catch a break. The Blitzchung(sp) incident, people leaving in droves, them become an absolute joke with their IPs (OW2, Diablo Mobile, etc.) and now this.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

There's no way they weren't. It sounds so reductive to always say "where's there's nothing but men running the show, women will suffer", but fuck, man, prove me wrong at this point. We know the default settings for thirsty males in general. Now give them complete power over people they employ.

So we've got Ubisoft, Riot, ActiBlizz confirmed to be run by a bunch of thirsty boys. Anyone else? Everyone else?
    Better to just realize they all do that.

When I worked at EA, company threw a fancy Christmas party, open bar, whole nine yards. Friend managed to get onto the upper floor if the hotel where the execs had strippers.

Another friend in the industry got invited to Sony's E3 after party where he got introduced to the wonderful world of sushi girls.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast