Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 149 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 2977

Thread: What's Better?     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,762
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    4

    What's Better?

    Rocl:To avoid the unecessary creation of thousands of simple gear comparison threads, we'll attempt to make this your generic gear question thread. If it doesn't work, I blame Suiram. If it does work, all credit goes to me. So let us begin with the OP's question:

    Blau Dolch or Stylet??

    Original Thread: http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/46517-whats-better.html

    The Second Thread

    The Thread Formally Known As The Third

    WAS IST BETTERSTEIN IV

    Jem and the Holograms vs The Misfits V

    pDIF to Your Mother VI

    Blitz alwaysalwaysalwaysalwaysalwaysalways VII

    Honey bunches of What's Better VIII

    Vas ist Better Nein
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. #2
    The Fucking Voice of Actually

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,183
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    To answer the OP's question

    These days, neither, welcome to L90.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  3. #3
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,273
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    To answer the OP's question

    These days, neither, welcome to L90.
    You realize that's a direct quote from the first post of the original thread, right? Or am I getting whooshed hard?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #4
    The Fucking Voice of Actually

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,183
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    The latter.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #5
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,188
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    DMG7 vs critical hit damage+6% on a yat for dnc brd etc? I'm probably safe assuming that auric still beats any yat out there for now until i finish some higher levels on magian daggers?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #6
    The Fucking Voice of Actually

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,183
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    That much crit isn't too bad for off hand I think. Though my viewpoint is that of a THF, so ymmv.
    I'd likely Auric/CritYag myself, especially if the value was higher than 6%. Though I've way too many daggers atm.
    But yeah, a Kila +1 or +2 is better than the raw damage Yat, esp. if you get the STR one.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #7
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    547
    BG Level
    5

    Would Cavaros Mantle be better than Forager's for NIN? I don't have the NIN back btw.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #8
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6
    BG Level
    0

    #1. I think I know the answer but BLM AF3 pants +1 vs. morrigan? AF3+2 Pants v. Morriga seem a sure win, but I'm not a math guy.

    #2. Also, what's the typical rdm merit job specific choices?

    Thanks for the input.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #9
    First invited, last in the zone.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,449
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Which is the best "What's better" thread?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #10
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    699
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

    Quote Originally Posted by heyman View Post
    #1. I think I know the answer but BLM AF3 pants +1 vs. morrigan? AF3+2 Pants v. Morriga seem a sure win, but I'm not a math guy.

    #2. Also, what's the typical rdm merit job specific choices?

    Thanks for the input.
    group one is normally 5/5 convert, 5/5 ice, tho some people like to take a couple points off of convert and put into either wind or earth.

    group two depends largely on what you do on rdm (solo, party, lowman, etc). it also depends on who else in your linkshell comes to events as rdm the same time you do. i went 2 dia 3(60 second duration), 3/5 slow2, 5/5 para 2, and a rdm i'm typically paired with did 3/5 para 2 and 5/5 slow 2. phalanx 2 doesn't have much of a place anymore since /sch and plds getting it natively. bio3 is nice for outside of abyssea DoT soloing, but with refresh 2, and then all the refresh buffs inside abyssea, soloing has involved more nuking than DoTing (which you should still be doing anyways, but bio 2 is generally fine).
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #11
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    261
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    That much crit isn't too bad for off hand I think. Though my viewpoint is that of a THF, so ymmv.
    I'd likely Auric/CritYag myself, especially if the value was higher than 6%. Though I've way too many daggers atm.
    But yeah, a Kila +1 or +2 is better than the raw damage Yat, esp. if you get the STR one.
    Daka +2
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #12
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,188
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Rudra sucks without sneak attack.
    Got a dmg+7 crit damage+2 yat now as well so I was wondering how much haste/dw i need before auric is useless.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #13
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    261
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Rudra sucks without sneak attack.
    Got a dmg+7 crit damage+2 yat now as well so I was wondering how much haste/dw i need before auric is useless.
    47 > 42
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #14
    The Fucking Voice of Actually

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,183
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Katoke View Post
    Daka +2
    Daka is a bitch's dagger.

    If you go through all the trouble of Trial 1-9, you man the fuck up and get Glavoid/Itzpapa/Orthrus.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #15
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    261
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Daka is a bitch's dagger.

    If you go through all the trouble of Trial 1-9, you man the fuck up and get Glavoid/Itzpapa/Orthrus.
    Coming from a guy who's using a dominion op dagger, I don't know if I'm to be insulted or happy by that comment. Still stand by 47 > 42
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #16
    The Fucking Voice of Actually

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,183
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    I don't use Dom Op Yat, Cantih != Khajit.
    I use Auric/STR Kila (Or AGI if I'm eva tanking, or TK, or Sax if I wanna go "lol look I just don't stop swinging") while I work on upgrade items.
    But if a Yat came along with enough +crit and +damage to be the new X's, that'd be a tough choice.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  17. #17
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    97
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Martinius View Post
    group one is normally 5/5 convert, 5/5 ice, tho some people like to take a couple points off of convert and put into either wind or earth.

    group two depends largely on what you do on rdm (solo, party, lowman, etc). it also depends on who else in your linkshell comes to events as rdm the same time you do. i went 2 dia 3(60 second duration), 3/5 slow2, 5/5 para 2, and a rdm i'm typically paired with did 3/5 para 2 and 5/5 slow 2. phalanx 2 doesn't have much of a place anymore since /sch and plds getting it natively. bio3 is nice for outside of abyssea DoT soloing, but with refresh 2, and then all the refresh buffs inside abyssea, soloing has involved more nuking than DoTing (which you should still be doing anyways, but bio 2 is generally fine).
    to piggyback


    bio 3 needs 3 merits or more to outclass bio II as far as dot goes

    dont merit blind II as nins do it better
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  18. #18
    First invited, last in the zone.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,449
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Khidir View Post
    to piggyback


    bio 3 needs 3 merits or more to outclass bio II as far as dot goes

    dont merit blind II as nins do it better
    /technically/ Sab + Blind II is better than nin blind ni, but that's such a /stupid/ use of the JA......
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  19. #19
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,188
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Katoke View Post
    Coming from a guy who's using a dominion op dagger, I don't know if I'm to be insulted or happy by that comment. Still stand by 47 > 42
    My goodness. I apologize for starting such a heated up argument over a mule's weapon choices. My mule not having an empy or fake empy while i slowly got it something decent before my trials finished has RUINED CHRISTMAS.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  20. #20
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    511
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Iga, Suppa, AF3+2 head, Loki's... Or Iga/Suppa, Brutal, AF body, AF3+2 head
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 149 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. What's Better?
    By isladar in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1497
    Last Post: 2010-05-29, 20:06
  2. What's Better?
    By isladar in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1482
    Last Post: 2010-03-17, 07:22
  3. What's Better?
    By isladar in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1596
    Last Post: 2010-01-13, 09:55
  4. What's Better?
    By isladar in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1466
    Last Post: 2009-10-22, 13:44
  5. What's Better?
    By isladar in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 871
    Last Post: 2009-08-27, 15:39