Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1. #1
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,402
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Question about Euro clothing habits

    A coworker brought to my attention the fact that another coworker often wears the same shirt two or three days in a row. Being oblivious, I have never noticed this before and I have worked with the guy for almost a year.

    I sometimes may wear the same pair of jeans in consecutive days but I've never worn the same shirt on consecutive days. The guy is from the Netherlands so I was wondering: Is this a Euro thing or is it just this guy?

  2. #2
    Tyven's Xbax Fren
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,736
    BG Level
    6
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

    I'd say it's more of a Hobo thing

  3. #3
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,821
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Poor hygiene is very obviously a euro thing. You've clearly never been around the french or Italians. They smell like hot open ass.

  4. #4
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,362
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    company i work for has main office in Sofia, Bulgaria, one of the guys from there came over to train me and my coworker, i swear in the 2 weeks he was here he didnt take a single shower, nor did he take a shower prior to arrival


    either that or he sprays himself with ass cologne every day

  5. #5
    Chram
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,699
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir


  6. #6
    Sinner
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,240
    BG Level
    7

    Well where do you work? In an office building or something that's obviously not really socially acceptable, but many people at the factory I work at wear the same shirt while working several days in a row because why dirty more than one shirt while there? Though all of these people then change after the shift and have different shirts every time as far as I've noticed.

  7. #7
    An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,178
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

    If you're on a construction site, most guys I've seen have maybe two pairs of pants and a few shirts. But you're getting dirty and sweaty all day, so who cares?

    If you're wearing an undershirt, it's a good way to keep washing down to preserve the fabric. Is the guy's desk a total mess? He could be just a total slob.

  8. #8
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,547
    BG Level
    8

    If it doesn't smell, then what's the issue? Especially something like a work-shirt, as long as you're in a climate controlled place. I'll normally wear something 2-4 times (not in a row) before I wash it unless I did some strenuous activity, but this is also just as much out of 'laziness to wash' just as it is 'need to wash'. I also shower every day (I don't really feel awake until I do), and have little body odor, so my cloths aren't getting as much soil from a dirty body.

  9. #9
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    930
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    You just met a dirty slob, they exist everywhere.

    Having said that I'm kinda inclined to agree that French/Italians anyone from ex-communist East Europe is smellier than average. BUT then I did visit Iowa for a while and the Americans I met there weren't that much better so I return to my original statement. Every nation has their smellies.

  10. #10
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    in before the wop

  11. #11
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,181
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Siniroth View Post
    Well where do you work? In an office building or something that's obviously not really socially acceptable, but many people at the factory I work at wear the same shirt while working several days in a row because why dirty more than one shirt while there? Though all of these people then change after the shift and have different shirts every time as far as I've noticed.
    I work in an office and there are plenty of people here who reek with fucking nasty horrifically bad BO. It's disgusting and I hate being near anyone who stinks like a rotten corpse. It's extremely offensive. So yeah, don't assume that just because it's socially unacceptable that people avoid smelling like shit, because it's unfortunately not true.

  12. #12
    Human Being
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,169
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwghads View Post
    I work in an office and there are plenty of people here who reek with fucking nasty horrifically bad BO. It's disgusting and I hate being near anyone who stinks like a rotten corpse. It's extremely offensive. So yeah, don't assume that just because it's socially unacceptable that people avoid smelling like shit, because it's unfortunately not true.
    Do you work with video game programmers?

  13. #13
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,410
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    in before the wop
    I was wondering if BG's fashionista would pop in here.

  14. #14
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    281
    BG Level
    4

    Related: I was at a check out and this older gentleman smelt like shit. Even after he left, the air that was around him smelt like shit. I'm in America, what do.

  15. #15
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,402
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    To be clear, my coworker does not stink. In fact, I'm sitting next to him in a conference room right now as I type this. And he's Dutch so no reputation of BO either.

    I was just wondering about the wearing the same outfit several days in a row. I work in an office so it's not a uniform thing. Wearing the same thing three days in a row is pretty noticeable. (Well, except for clueless guys like me.) I was not sure if it was a trend in Europe or not.

  16. #16
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,939
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
    Related: I was at a check out and this older gentleman smelt like shit. Even after he left, the air that was around him smelt like shit. I'm in America, what do.
    You move out of his fart cloud?

  17. #17
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,939
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by wyrmtung View Post
    To be clear, my coworker does not stink. In fact, I'm sitting next to him in a conference room right now as I type this. And he's Dutch so no reputation of BO either.

    I was just wondering about the wearing the same outfit several days in a row. I work in an office so it's not a uniform thing. Wearing the same thing three days in a row is pretty noticeable. (Well, except for clueless guys like me.) I was not sure if it was a trend in Europe or not.
    Maybe he's just a huge lush and was too busy banging at random chicks places the night before to go home in the morning and get a new set of threads.

  18. #18
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,483
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by wyrmtung View Post
    To be clear, my coworker does not stink. In fact, I'm sitting next to him in a conference room right now as I type this. And he's Dutch so no reputation of BO either.

    I was just wondering about the wearing the same outfit several days in a row. I work in an office so it's not a uniform thing. Wearing the same thing three days in a row is pretty noticeable. (Well, except for clueless guys like me.) I was not sure if it was a trend in Europe or not.
    I'm from Europe and so far this week I've worn two different suits with three different shirts to work. I plan on wearing a third suit tomorrow. Your coworker is a slob. Deal with it.

  19. #19
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,488
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Senoska View Post
    Poor hygiene is very obviously a euro thing. You've clearly never been around the french or Italians. They smell like hot open ass.
    I beg your pardon? People glare at you like you just murdered someone if you wear the same clothes two days in a row. They also can detect from a mile away with incredible accuracy whether you had your daily shower or not. At least I know I can do that.

  20. #20
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    934
    BG Level
    5

    "Euro" is too general, Europe has many different cultures.

    In Belgium, most people I meet take good care of themselves, hygiene-wise as well. I wear my jeans several days in a row, my shirts about 2 days, and my sweaters about 3 days (I'm a uni student, no dust/dirt etc). It depends. Sometimes you sweat more, sometimes not at all. I know a girl who was shocked when I told her that I wear shirts for 2 days, but then I realized that she was sweating her ass off every single time.

    But yeah, in Belgium (and by extension, the Netherlands), most people wear their clothes several days at a time. I don't trust people who change clothes every day for no apparent reason.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Question about Ondori's vids
    By in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2004-11-26, 03:45