Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Random Fail III: I Can't Come Up With A Title Right Now: Cantih Title Credit Edition

Here's a doozy of start;

This isn't so much a FWP as it is just shit news.

My mom comes over unannounced. She *never* does that. God bless her, she let me get through the work day.

Give me the news my godmother and her best friend of 45 years was killed last night in a hit and run in NJ. Scumbag just gone. If that wasn't bad enough, after she got hit, another car hit her. She died almost instantly. That person did get out. No leads or anything. Woman was a fucking saint. Member of a big parish. Would give you the jacket off her back if in need. Gave me lots of good life advice.

I'm gutted. But I handle grief exceptionally well, in that it almost never "bothers" me. I am obviously sad and furious about this, but I have never shut down. I am more concerned for my mom. I don't know what to do for her. I know the "right" answer is "be there" for her, but I kind of don't have anything to say about it other than how in disbelief I am.

Fuck 2021 hard.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I got about maybe half a paragraph left to finish this case closure report. I think I’m going to leave it for Monday.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Here's a doozy of start;

My mom comes over unannounced. She *never* does that. God bless her, she let me get through the work day.

Give me the news my godmother and her best friend of 45 years was killed last night in a hit and run in NJ. Scumbag just gone. If that wasn't bad enough, after she got hit, another car hit her. She died almost instantly. That person did get out. No leads or anything. Woman was a fucking saint. Member of a big parish. Would give you the jacket off her back if in need. Gave me lots of good life advice.

I'm gutted. But I handle grief exceptionally well, in that it almost never "bothers" me. I am obviously sad and furious about this, but I have never shut down. I am more concerned for my mom. I don't know what to do for her. I know the "right" answer is "be there" for her, but I kind of don't have anything to say about it other than how in disbelief I am.

Fuck 2021 hard.
    God fucking damn. Hit and run drivers and DUI drivers have a special place in hell for them, and I hope they catch the asshole who hit them.

Dealing with my own family fail bullshit as well that is testing the extent of my patience. House has been signed over to us. Just waiting on the county recorder office to receive the paperwork to make it official official, though I do have scanned copies of the notarized documents.

First, there is a tax payment due in April. My brother flips his shit, says our step mother is responsible and he only wants to pay half a prorated amount. He then changes his mind in a separate e-mail under a different subject line that he will pay it about 20 minutes later that I miss, because he's still responding to shit in the other thread. Then gets mad because I don't see he changed his mind.

He's also went from I have a key to the house to I don't know if it's the key, so I may have to make a copy of the one key I'm aware of. He's also been changing his story that our step mother is the reason the trust has taken over 3 months upon being sent to us being held up, and has nothing to do with him refusing to sign off on it, hiring a lawyer, etc.

To add to it, over the last few months he keeps making all these claims about how all these different people hate me and talk shit about my back, and then I'll get a random text or e-mail from these alleged people telling me how they had to cut him out of their lives because he's so off the rails, bi-polar, etc that they can't handle it anymore and they can't figure out why I haven't gone insane. Yet he turns around and then accuses me of talking about him behind his back and turning everyone against him.

Fuck, I can't wait for this damn house to be sold so I can officially block his number on my phone. I already have him and my brother blocked on all social media, and I changed the name on his phone contact as a visual reminder to not answer if he calls, so the only means of communication is written via text/e-mail.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Here's a doozy of start;

Fuck 2021 hard.
    Sorry to hear that man. Hit and run drunk driver almost killed my little sister a few years ago. I’m not ashamed to say I used less than ethical means to help the police identify the individual.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

love for you odes, Im so sorry

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

So sorry Odess. Drunk drivers are the absolute worst and I actually don't think we punish hard enough for DUIs.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Jesus fucking christ. The realtor I want to hire to sell the house just texted me and said if he has to do any more communicating with my brother, he's going to walk.

Somehow the latest now my brother got it in his head that the realtor was going to pay for the minor work we need to have done.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Lots of little fails compounding, but no big payoff, don't expect one, there's no real story here, just a rant.

So recently the corner of my mom's bed collapsed (fail). At the moment, it's propped up with sacrificial books, but to save them, I'm gonna macgyver up something to stably hold it up.
    Went to Harbor Freight (fail) to get tools. Don't have space (fail) for or money I'm willing to spend on power tools, so it's all old school muscle powered stuff (fail). (I'm literally going to have to do the work outside the front door of my apartment.)

And since I'm going down this rabbit hole, I'm lining up other stuff I need to build. Over the years, I've had computer chairs punk out on me (fail), and I don't wanna pay out the ass for one of those gamer chairs that will probably do the same.
    So fuck it, I'm gonna build the perfect goddamn chair. Right seat height, right seat depth and width, a full back that actually supports my back and head, armrests at the right height, etc.

Now here's the fail that's prompting me to post. I do want a cushion for the seat. From recent trips around to Kohls, BB&B, etc. I have found nothing acceptable for my current chair (fail), so I know there'll be nothing acceptable for the new chair.
    You can look across the web and find tons of info/tutorial hubs for whatever you want, programming, electronics/Arduino/pi/robotics, art, woodworking, sewing/cosplay, and on and on.

Upholstery.
    Fucking. Crickets.

The reddit is barebones, doesn't have anything useful. Googling just gets tons of SEO'ed to hell and back but ultimately useless foofy blog and store spam.
    I just wanna get a basic square cushion, that I can easily replace/refill when it goes to shit (which it always does), and not have to worry about "oh, we don't stock that anymore".
    Literally, the most useful page I have found regarding padding/stuffing is this.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymeric_foam
    It's not that useful, but it's better than everything else. And the individual pages don't really have good info on use envelopes for the application because hey, that's beyond their scope.

Fuck sakes.

You might have luck looking into people who do vehicle interior mods and restorations.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Here's a little one;

Our trash company has been very spotty lately, sometimes taking two or more weeks for them to pick up our trash. Recently, I discovered a STRAY CAT has been getting into our garbage. Mind, the garbage can is broken and it's way overfull. So with this, I ask; is there a way to keep the cats out of the trash? (Thought it was a 'coon for a while, but I found a cat around our trashcan one evening, so I think i found the culprit.)

Anyway if they don't stop it and start coming every week, they're getting fired and we'll have to find a new trash company. Not to mention, they owe us a new garbage can..

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

There are three tiers of trash protection:
    1. Keep it closed - things like cats can't open a trashcan, so you can avoid most scavengers just by closing it up
    2. Seal it closed - things like raccoons will open interesting trashcans with their freaky little hands, so if you attract them you could start twist-tieing it closed. They might get into a fight and unintentionally knock it over too, which this also makes unproductive.
    3. Keep it whole - bears will fuck your shit up and you need something durable and lockable if your area has bears, which it sounds like it doesn't

Sounds like you need level 1 protection. If you just tell your trash company that your current trashcan is broken and ask for another, you'll probably end up with two and you'll be able to store your trash in both of them (without exposing any trash) when the company takes too long to pick up.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, we got stray cats, and I don't want to feed it more than it's getting fed already. We just called them again. It's been THREE BLEEPING WEEKS since they picked up the trash (no wonder a cat came sniffing around!)

If they don't pick it up, we're going to find a new trash company, this is getting stupid.

Also we may have to trap the cat if this continues. We can't adopt the poor cat since my sister is allergic and would die from a scratch. And I won't feed it; that'd just encourage it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Man totally forgot some municipalities have you paying private trash companies...that's such trash lol

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I didn't know, yet not surprised that's a thing. I'm used to the whole this is your day your trash is picked up, so have your cans at the curb the night before.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can also look up cat rescues in your area to see if they can come out and trap the cat/colony. At the very least see if they'll TNR to prevent future kitties around you.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I did call the pound since well, we are out in the boonies. If we are still having trouble, they'll get us a trap; I also suggested they get the TNR group out here (And by six flags if the management doesn't mind since I'm VERY aware idiots dump cats down at SFOG all the time since I worked there for a while) since this isn't the first time I've found a stray cat. Last time it was a kitten and I was able to catch it by hand and trap it in a box. This is a adult cat so I don't want to try that, I'd prolly end up clawed.

And yeah, private trash companies can be good OR bad, depending. This one's been bad lately.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Last two days at work have been absolute hell in a handbasket and I've had to fix shit over and oover.

To top it all off suddenly had a call go out in the house I work that we had a medical emergency. I'm looking all around , my deputies are doing the same so now I'm confused who made this call at all. Turns out it was a nurse staff member in the sick call room that is locked from the inside that called the clinic. Yet no one bothered from the nursing staff to call over to us to give a heads up. Suddenly have nurses slamming the doorbell and I'm wondering wtf they are doing as I express open the doors.

I swear people go stupid with lack of communication in this jail. The nursing staff contracted is already terrible but this takes the cake. Good thing I'm always on top of things..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

So I knew it was going to be another lousy Saint Patty's day..

Yesterday I thought I would hit up the few locally owned liquor/beer stores in this area for a decent imported Irish beer (that is not Guinness) and at least have that while watching hockey. Aaaaaaaand NOTHING!! It's not that they were sold out no store even carried any! WTF?! They had some German, Belgium but no Irish. The Appalachians were settled by the Irish and Scots. This is a travesty. >.>

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

In the next month I am getting a new internet connection which is a win. The issue is that the connection has to come in to the other side of our property from my house. I have to get the connection across the property to my house using a p2p bridge and a lot of wiring. In anticipation of getting this new internet connection I am rebuilding my home network using all Ubiquiti gear so I can manage it more easily. Having a really hard time getting networking equipment right now so I am stuck with a new access point for my house without a switch with POE to power the AP. I am hoping that the Ubiquiti 8 port switch with POE built in comes in stock before my new internet connection gets installed.

I could get the POE injector as a stop gap which is in stock and it is only $8 but you only get free shipping on orders of $100 or more so if I buy the POE injector by itself it is $22. Not a lot of money but still is silly when I just want to get the darn switch.

I have noticed that other brands of computer parts and networking equipment are in really short supply as well.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Whole bunch of fail today.

Let me start off by saying Egyptians are weird as shit, and culturally speaking it is shameful to have cancer. Like, if you have it, you are not supposed to talk about it because of embarrassment. So some of this stuff I am not even sure on.

Apparently my 1st cousin (in his 60s) has cancer and is most likely dying from it. My mom doesn't know how soon as they won't talk about it. He has two teenager kids (boy and girl).
    His wife also has breast cancer. Dunno how severe it is but apparently she has lost all her hair and my mom thinks it might be stage 3.

My cousins' mother (my aunt) is still alive but she's in her 80s and can't really take care of them if both passes away.
    If the father passes away and the mother lives, it's likely she'll bring them back to Egypt to her family.

If they both pass away, idk what will happen to his kids. He has a sister in the area, but she's older than him and her husband is kinda a jerk, so dunno if he'd even allow the kids and my aunt to move in with them.

But was crazy is I am not even supposed to know this stuff, so like I can't send the kids anything or give sympathy or nothing.

To top it off, my mom said my aunt finally told her that they have a gene in the family that makes them prone to cancer. Which means I could have that gene. The doctor strongly urged my aunt to tell blood relatives so we could get tested. Which is probably why my mom knows about the cancer at all.

Fuck.

My hope is that due to my mom not being Egyptian, maybe that gene didn't follow me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag