Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,313
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Drivers randomly uninstalling?

    This perplexes the shit out of me because it happens rarely, but it still happens from time to time. I'm running vista on this dinosaur HP dv6000 series. Is it an issue with Vista or what?
    There have been times where the shit says there is no Wireless NIC installed, and I often have to power cycle the computer for it to get it to recognize it, i've had to go to the website and get the updated drivers.
    Just now somehow my sound drivers disappeared, all i did was pair a bluetooth headset to the computer the other day, and today that was all that was showing up as a audio device under playback and recording devices. I just had to download some drivers again.
    Sometimes the video card acts up too and the display will go out for a few seconds then come back and say it recovered from an error (the exact message escapes me right now because it hasn't happened in days)

    Is this some wacky shit with HP, Vista, or is my laptop just ready to be put out to pasture?

  2. #2
    jponry
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,391
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Was Vista the native operating system on the computer when you bought it from HP?

  3. #3
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,313
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Yes, I bought this in 07ish when vista was relatively fresh, I just installed SP1 yesterday too, sound was already f'd before i installed SP1

  4. #4
    jponry
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,391
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    What's the model number of the unit?

  5. #5
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,313
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    HP Pavilion dv6000 (RD869AV#AVA)

  6. #6
    jponry
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,391
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Are you reinstalling the drivers via Windows client (it often give the option of 'optional updates') or using the HP website?

    Resource: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=1842155

    If I were you, I'd try using the Windows Vista 'optional update' installations of the drivers.

  7. #7
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,313
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    a mix of both, but Ill try to do that from now on. this computer is just wacky, sometimes the wifi disables itself and i have to restart the computer