Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,967
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Cheap international flights (going to Ireland) (Now just Tekki's honeymoon adventure topic)

    I'm sure someone has made a thread about this kind of topic before, but I want a fresh set of ideas.

    I'm trying to find the cheapest tickets to Ireland from Chicago between June 15th to June 20th. What's the best way to find cheap tickets?

    Call airline directly? Scratch around all those .com travel sites?

    The cheapest I've seen are right around 1000 a person but would feel better about spending 700 to 800 per person

  2. #2
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,872
    BG Level
    10

    Scratch around travel sites. I prefer kayak.com.

  3. #3
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,872
    BG Level
    10

    If you can fly June 12th, you can go from Chicago to Dublin for $612 nonstop.

  4. #4
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,872
    BG Level
    10

    Are you flying one-way or round trip? If R/T, when do you want to return?

  5. #5
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,967
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    R t, honeymooning

    Coming back 20

  6. #6
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,967
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Seems like the best r/t is 980ish pp

  7. #7
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,872
    BG Level
    10

    Trans-atlantic flight but you'll only be gone 4 nights? You won't even be over your jetlag by the time you leave.

  8. #8
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,872
    BG Level
    10

    Could always try to name your own price for like $700 - make your honeymoon an unpredictable adventure.

  9. #9
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,967
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Hows that work. Put in bid, hope it gets a bite? Does it charge ONLY if an airline bites? And can I cancel at any time if I find something cheap in the mean time?

  10. #10
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,872
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Hows that work. Put in bid, hope it gets a bite? Does it charge ONLY if an airline bites? And can I cancel at any time if I find something cheap in the mean time?
    You get an immediate reply to your bid, but you don't get to control flight times / layovers / etc - just flight dates. If they accept, you're booked and charged. If not, not.

  11. #11
    Spiders are Awesome
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,073
    BG Level
    8

    Clear your cookies every time you check ticket prices.

  12. #12
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    My wife is from the Philippines and we eventually will take a vacation there for a few weeks. We check ticket prices occasionally and after seeing this thread I checked prices. The last time we checked prices was a few months ago and a round trip ticket for each adult was about $900. This was checking all times of the year. Now, the cheapest we can find is $1375! I've seen some as high as $2600 as well. I've only flown a few times so it's crazy to me the cost of flying.

  13. #13
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    askin stuff
    Do you have a credit card that accrues some type of rewards points? If so, check with out that card company's rewards page to either check directly how much the points can save you, or to see about moving the points to a frequent flyer account on a specific airline. I paid $300 for my last flight to Korea because of the points I had built up on my Chase card.

  14. #14
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    My wife is from the Philippines and we eventually will take a vacation there for a few weeks. We check ticket prices occasionally and after seeing this thread I checked prices. The last time we checked prices was a few months ago and a round trip ticket for each adult was about $900. This was checking all times of the year. Now, the cheapest we can find is $1375! I've seen some as high as $2600 as well. I've only flown a few times so it's crazy to me the cost of flying.
    It's cheaper to just drive bro

  15. #15
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,967
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    Do you have a credit card that accrues some type of rewards points? If so, check with out that card company's rewards page to either check directly how much the points can save you, or to see about moving the points to a frequent flyer account on a specific airline. I paid $300 for my last flight to Korea because of the points I had built up on my Chase card.
    Tried, no bueno


    Also, anyone been to Ireland? Anything "Zomg have to see"?

  16. #16
    Irish Vagabond
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    490
    BG Level
    4

    I'm Irish, so I'm partial to both.

    At work now so cant go into as much detail as I want, but give me some background info on you and I'll mull it over and reply later today. So it'll just be you and your wife for how long (days/ nights).

    Are ye planning on driving? Why Ireland in the first place? Whats ye're budget like? Are ye partial to drinking/ nights out? Are ye more nature-prone (e.g. mountains, hiking, camping etc)? Would ye prefer history based sights and recommendations or natural-geography based ones (e.g. a labour factory during the Irish Famine depicting horrible conditions etc, rather than say, the Cliffs of Moher, the steepest cliffface in western europe (I think)?

    Give me that information and I could hook you up with an amazing time.

  17. #17
    Irish Vagabond
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    490
    BG Level
    4

    Btw in regards to jetlag, I think its a personal thing but I think the Jet leg going Ireland-to-America is alot worse than Us-Ireland.

    When going Us-Ireland, I just sleep in and correct myself after a day, whereas going Ireland-US I cant shake the waking up at 5am thing.

  18. #18
    Spiders are Awesome
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,073
    BG Level
    8

    Just fuck up your circadian rhythm by staying up to random hours and randomly napping during the day for a few weeks beforehand, and you'll be immune to jet lag.

  19. #19
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    check out http://www.aerlingus.com/ good deals, good company, and their site is nice


    as to what to look at in ireland... lol all I can think of is take a ferry over to St. Andrews

  20. #20
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,588
    BG Level
    6

    anyway on the topic, the flight price varies depending on the season. It is always kind of expensive during christmas~new year, and during the early summer (when graduation), and around august (when oversea student coming back to states).

    So, it is best to avoid these period if you want to travel and plan to get some cheaper flight ticket

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast