Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Video Editing Software     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,665
    BG Level
    7

    Video Editing Software

    What are you guys favorite free Editing software that gets the job done?

  2. #2
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    871
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Video Editing Software

    I wish I had an answer, I've been looking for one for quite some time so I can use non-pirated software at work...

  3. #3
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,284
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Re: Video Editing Software

    Final Cut and AVID are the programs I've used the most. I'm more comfortable on Final Cut but I think the programs are mostly interchangeable. My good friend swears by After Effects though.

  4. #4
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,665
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Video Editing Software

    I've been using window's movie maker, and when i save it, i cannot open it with Window's media, any idea? I want to conver it to .avi

  5. #5
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    602
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Video Editing Software

    I like Sony Vegas and Final Cut

  6. #6
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    212
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Video Editing Software

    FCP6 is all i use :< i used to use windows movie maker and its nice... until you wanna do somethin legit.... and its a horrible way to cut video as it destroys originals

  7. #7
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    526
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Video Editing Software

    I like vegas too, although i mostly use it to edit short videos, but I hear its also great for editing movies from a friend of mine who does indy films.

  8. #8
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,181
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Re: Video Editing Software

    Keep in mind the OP wants "free" software. Which leads to this old rule:

    Pick one:
    1) Free
    2) Works well

    You don't get both unless you steal (aka download a cracked version.) That being said, Windows Movie Maker is free, and does ok for how much you pay. It is very limited and the editing is clunky though. If you really want to get something decent and not shell out a lot of cash, Adobe Premiere Elements is what I use. For $100 it's a great program and has a lot of features that makes editing easy.

  9. #9
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,821
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Re: Video Editing Software

    Quote Originally Posted by The_OG_Nelta
    I've been using window's movie maker, and when i save it, i cannot open it with Window's media, any idea? I want to conver it to .avi
    http://media-convert.com/

  10. #10
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    764
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Video Editing Software

    Is there anything out there that works with AVI and MOV?

    On a Mac and the camera took everything in AVI... see the problem here? iMovie works fine for everything else but in this situation it doesnt like the AVI files. And the solutions on the internet are all convert to divx and then import well I can't get it to work right.

Similar Threads

  1. Video Editing Software, any suggestions?
    By Syntex in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2008-10-05, 16:27